“Henka,” which means change in Japanese is where the name for our convertible fashion and accessories company is derived. At Henkaa, everything changes and our flagship product is the innovative Sakura convertible dress, which is essentially one dress that can transform into infinite styles. The mission at Henkaa is to be a canvas that empowers women of all shapes, sizes, and walks of life to do more with less, to reuse and repurpose, to innovate, to educate, to share, to create opportunity, to grow, and to inspire us and each other. The Henkaa brand was started locally in Toronto, we proudly manufacture domestically in Canada and our sales have grown exponentially on a global scale.
We are currently looking for motivated individuals who are interested in completing a graphic design internship during the Winter 2013 term. This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to gain hands on experience in the fashion industry. Check us out at www.henkaa.com!
Kindly note that this is an unpaid internship in exchange for school credit and we will ensure that the experience will be rewarding. The intern will be assisting and participating in marketing and creative design.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Color corrections for existing products that require changes/updates on website
- Color corrections for new products
- Support with small edits on the website
- Photoshop photos/images needed for marketing collaterals
- Support with updating our monthly website banners
- Support marketing team with various administrative tasks
does this sound like you?
- Excellent knowledge of photo editing and color corrections in Photoshop
- Experience with Illustrator a definite asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word and Excel), Google apps, email, internet research, social media
- Effective time management, organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Friendly and a team player
Candidates must be available at least two days per week for an 8 – 16 week duration.
how to apply
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Links to examples of your work/portfolio also recommended. We thank all candidates for applying, but only short listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Henkaa!