Hematite Manufacturing Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not a good place at all
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 October 2017
They have no idea what they are doing or want they don't care about there employes, and they have incompetent and unqualified management not a place to advise anyone to work! Sorry, but it's good to be honest.
Pros
Non
Cons
Ok work but poor management
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 October 2017
This is a very dull place to work and over the years I worked there it saw a lot of people come and go. Great management was slowly replaced by very incompetent management. Great workers replaced with average workers and great customer approved products replaced with poor products that do not meet the buyer companies' standards. It is just a job, not a career. If you keep your mouth shut about inconsistencies and also shut up about bullying and racism in the work place then its easier to keep your job.
Pros
more than minimum wage
Cons
poor management
Straightforward factory atmosphere, with pleasant coworkers
Finished Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 January 2017
The work was repetitive, but simple complete. The coworkers are nice and realize we just want to get through the shift and go enjoy our time off. The breaks were short, and it gets very hot in the summer though.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
It's a good job
Material Handler/Finishing Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 April 2016
I think I have a good job.
They treat me good.
They can do better.
I like the hours I work and the people I work with.
Its a job that pays the bills.
good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 February 2016
a good company to work for, nice atmosphere, interesting work, co-worker are really helpful, nice management team.
overall - a good place to work
Women do not get promoted
EDI Specialist, Materials Department (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 January 2013
My typical day was to handle customer service, all incoming and outgoing EDI for all customers set up on EDI, Inside sales, and to cross train 4 other employees. Once a month inventory had to be done because there was no policing of procedures relating to inventory, they just wanted to reconcile every month. However the inventory was left up to the females generally monthy to do and we were expected to come in on a Saturday. My immediate supervisor expected me to take all calls from Ford Chrysler and GM in the evening and early morning without any compensation and this is the main reason I did not appreciate working there. I added up a mountain of time doing ASN's etc and fixing computer order issues at 2am but then expected to be in to work at 8am. Overall I worked well with the other co-workers but in the end they made me train a very junior employee and he was my replacement.
Even though the team regularily came to me with supervisoral issues because our supervisor was rarely in the office, when he ultimately got fired, they would not promote me into his position.
Pros
ok salary
Cons
crazy work expectations, they would not promote women