Hematite Manufacturing Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 29, 2016
a good company to work for, nice atmosphere, interesting work, co-worker are really helpful, nice management team.
overall - a good place to work
Women do not get promoted
EDI Specialist, Materials Department (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 3, 2013
My typical day was to handle customer service, all incoming and outgoing EDI for all customers set up on EDI, Inside sales, and to cross train 4 other employees. Once a month inventory had to be done because there was no policing of procedures relating to inventory, they just wanted to reconcile every month. However the inventory was left up to the females generally monthy to do and we were expected to come in on a Saturday. My immediate supervisor expected me to take all calls from Ford Chrysler and GM in the evening and early morning without any compensation and this is the main reason I did not appreciate working there. I added up a mountain of time doing ASN's etc and fixing computer order issues at 2am but then expected to be in to work at 8am. Overall I worked well with the other co-workers but in the end they made me train a very junior employee and he was my replacement.
Even though the team regularily came to me with supervisoral issues because our supervisor was rarely in the office, when he ultimately got fired, they would not promote me into his position.
Pros
ok salary
Cons
crazy work expectations, they would not promote women

Hematite Manufacturing Reviews by Job Title