We are seeking a Plant Accountant to be responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions at our new facility in Brantford. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will be a hands-on leader driving results.
Your responsibilities include:
- Responsible for financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and product costing at plant level.
- Completes all financial reporting and ensure all results are accurate and reported in a timely manner.
- Manages the plant's costing system and ensures it meets the needs of the corporation for measuring continuous improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining Program Report Cards, and working with Program Management and Operations as part of our ‘Flawless’ Launch initiative.
- Responsible for weekly production reporting – includes sales, labour, containment costs, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Responsible for administration and control of capital procurement process.
- Ensures that proper internal financial controls are implemented and followed.
- Identifies and implements accounting procedures, financial policies and continuous improvements.
Our ideal candidate is a designated accounting professional CA, CMA or CGA and have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate has been a Plant Accountant working in a very fast paced complex environment. In addition you have demonstrated the ability to work effectively with plant staff and senior management team.
If you have the knowledge and experience for this position and a passion for building and leading teams, please forward your resume, along with salary expectations (Please state job title in the subject line)
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no agency contact.
Welcome to Hematite
Over 30 years ago, we began our commitment to a green way of thinking. We discovered unique ways to manufacture high-quality products for the automotive industry using much of the waste that was destined for landfill sites. Today, we're a dynamic, full-service, Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier committed to engineering and manufacturing world-class products.
Our 'green' pledge is the foundation of the Hematite brand. We're in business to design and manufacture automotive products that help manage the impact of acoustics, airflow and water on the vehicle. We do this while managing the impact on our planet through our unique, eco-centered Reform process.
The Benefits of Joining the Hematite Team
Hematite is a great place to work because:
1. We have a comprehensive benefit program that includes extended health care, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death and disability insurance and a pension plan!
2. Our Wellness Program has a dedicated resource person who delivers one-on-one consultation and coordinates our education program, guest speakers, resource material, monthly newsletters about health-related challenges, fitness training and special fitness events including walking, running, and boot camp. We even create events like the Hematite Olympics and World Cup soccer competition.
3. Hematite also supports continuing education and training for employees.
4. We have a state of the art facility and a great, hardworking team.