Helping Hands

Helping Hands Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
the best
Caregiver helping seniors (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2013
I love caring for seniors . and being able to help out around there home and being able to assist seniors around the city etc.
lots of overtime
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIDecember 23, 2013
no co workers ..
clients are nice
paid every week
no constant supervision
Very Productive and rewarding!
In home Child Care Worker (Current Employee), Petersburg, VADecember 13, 2013
Pros: field trips!
Cons: long hours without real breaks
This job is my own day care center that I ran out of my home. I set up lesson plans and I follow through with it through the entire day. For a short period of time, 1 year, I even offered home schooling to two school aged children. The hardest part of this job is that it took up a lot of my day and I rarely got a real break. Th most enjoyable part is – more... the time that I was able to spend with the children. – less
A relaxed friendly and fun atmosphere
volunteer (Current Employee), Plaistow, London, ENGDecember 13, 2013
Pros: a great cause and great people volunteers and clients alike
Cons: no pay
Providing support for local Newham residents with issues regarding homelessness and the elderly. Duties include attending meetings, care and support work for individuals and groups, working the reception desk, booking new jobs,answering the phones and acting as an appropriate adult for the residents whilst on trips and excursions.
Fun work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Allston, MADecember 7, 2013
It is great to see the rewards and advancements of the work they do there.
Productive and fun work place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 6, 2013
Pros: pay and flexible hours.
Cons: organization from other shifts.
Typical day at work. I would enter the therapist objectives into the data system.
This is a very good place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 30, 2013
Pros: make your own secdual
Great for a second job, would not make this a career job, this job dose not provide enough work hours.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Owner Operator (Current Employee), Canton, GANovember 26, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no insurance
Manage sales contracts, love working with the contacts and being able to meet their expectations and grow the business.
Challenging
Para Professional (Former Employee), Laurinburg, NCNovember 25, 2013
Pros: working with behavioral clients.
Cons: didn't receive wages from this company.
A typical day was to work with behavioral clients every other day and teach them how to behave in different environments. I learned how to be patient and calm when working with the clients. Management was poor and was not affective. The hardest thing about this job was driving around all day. I enjoyed this job but not the management.
meeting new people with different needs
Care Giver (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 9, 2013
Pros: helping special needs
Cons: pay rates
working with people with a special need great job to help others in need will go back to caregiving any time
N/A
Volunteer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 5, 2013
Help less fortunate people
Distributed lunch and hygiene kits to pass out
Front desk reception, within a high-volume environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Los AngelesNovember 2, 2013
This was my first job and i absolutely loved it, for the customers to the staff. I gained lifetime friendships working her it was like a family. Each day at work it was a chance for me to learn something new.
Great for personable skills and dealing with issues and life skills
Counselor for children and teens (Current Employee), Sulphur, LAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: meeting new children and outcomes of counseling children.
Cons: schedule is forever changing.
Myself, children and the parents or grand parents. OCS workers and court settings at times. A lot of one on one time with children as well as group sessions. Most difficult part is not being able to change many situations due to the home life of the child. Most enjoyable part is when I help change the life of both children and parents due to us all – more... working together towards accomplishing the same goal. I manage my own time and I learn from day to day about the many different lives and cultures as well as beliefs of so many people. – less
I worked really hard to meet the cilent's need and expectation. I learned skillfull things such as woring together, cleaning hard and strategy.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 29, 2013
Pros: the same staff every time
Cons: i cant afford service every week
Helping Hands is a reliable cleaning service. They always come the day that I have cleaning scheduled. My home always looks clean and smells good. One of the best things I like about this service is that I always have the same cleaning crew come every time. I would recommend them.
Productive assisting consumers w/ quality of life skills
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg P.A.October 24, 2013
Pros: working w/ clients
Cons: low pay, no benefits & constant add on of more & new responsibilities w/ out respect
Arrive at 6 a.m., make breakfast. wake consumers, make lunches, transport to activities, return to group home to clean house. Have a few hours break then return to get company van for pickup of 5 consumers at day program, take to activities scheduled ,return to home for dinner & hygiene & medication ( medication giving in a.m. as well) ,personal time – more... & to bed. Rarely had co-workers when did were fairly agreeable. Learned to multitask. Management moderate as they did not always express expectations. Most enjoyable part was assisting people & making them safe, happy & healthy. – less
An open Door
Home HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 4, 2013
A typical work day started out pleasant, clients were always home for service. Management was well, I like the fact I had and ran my own schedule ,I add know one to report to, But just turn in my paper work at the end of the week and get paid. I enjoyed meeting and geeting to know my clients on a personal level.
freedom
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WISeptember 19, 2013
Pros: decent pay
over all good company to work for. They help challenged individuals try to live a normal life.
Fun Enviroment
Caregiver (Former Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
I loved working with these clients. It was very rewarding. Just to be a help to individuals who really can't help themselves was a blessing to me.
An great company to work for
Home Health Aid (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIAugust 31, 2013
The only issue that I had working for them is that I was never told when my schedule was changed on me, and if I took at day off they never found someone else to cover my shifts.
Very fun and productive work place with lots of kids, more like a ymca then a gym.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Volunteer (Current Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: short lunch
typical day at work was about 6-8 hours a day consisted of lots of kids playing pool and video games, had to clean bathroom every 3 hours and maintaine a safe workout area. My co-workers were very friendly always. There wasnt really a hard part at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was making costumers smile.

About Helping Hands

Lotsa Helping Hands powers online caring communities that help restore health and balance to caregivers' lives. More than 65 million – Read more

Helping Hands Photos