Helping Hands

Helping Hands Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
help hands
Volunteer General Assistant (Former Employee), blackpoolAugust 8, 2014
work monday to friday and it was only part time helped replace wheelsbin and fix wheelsbin and i have been going roung doing paper and cardbored
fast paced salon
manager of tracey's tan and beauty (Former Employee), sunderlandAugust 7, 2014
Pros: being the manager
Cons: long hours
beauty therapist managing my fast paced salon in Sunderland, the day would start with checking my appointments and preparing the salon and staff for the day ahead, i was accountable for the day to day running of my salon, A meeting would take place before the salon doors opend and all staff involved with operations would talk about ensuring the salon meets sales targets and constant flow of new products on offer. i learned that its very important to have a good comuiciton skills with my staff to ensure the smooth running of the day to day tasks so everyone know's what they have to do and my clients feel at ease, the hardest part of my job was making sure nothing went wrong, the most enjoyable part was seeing my clients happy and my staff . healthy bank balance too.
Ideal for seasonal work
cleaner (Current Employee), St. Ives, ENGAugust 7, 2014
Pros: ok in season
Cons: mainly saturday not much during week
Good people to work for always polite friendly and give plenty of notice of what work you are required to do
Helping Hands
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Aiken SCJune 30, 2014
I was hired to work second shift. When I'm scheduled for those shifts, I supervise the children in my care. I really enjoy working with the younger kids; the nursery is my favorite. We play outside a lot. I enjoy working with this age group to teach them positive social interactions as well as working with them to do for themselves; like feeding and communicating their needs.
Sometimes I work with school age children (6-12 y/o). They too have a lot of outside activity. I chaperone field trips as well as direct behavior.
More often lately I have been assigned to 3rd shift, where I supervise the children while they sleep.
Working for Helping Hands
Homecare Porvider (Former Employee), Paramount, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: no healthcare
I loved working for helping hands!
The work was fun and it was always something new. i really enjoyed working with my coworkers we were a really good team im so sad he place had to close.
An efficient, quality child care service.
Casual OOSH Asst (Current Employee), Rosemeadow nSWJune 24, 2014
Pros: near to home
Cons: casual on call
A convenient located workplace with small team.
This organisation is run according to government guidelines and adheres to high quality and informed practices to ensure a good service for the children and parents.
Good casual work
Part-time domestic cleaner (Current Employee), Isle of WightJune 16, 2014
Casual cleaning and housekeeping work on a zero hours contract.
Great Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: working with a great team.
Cons: the royal oak branch was well known for being short staffed.
A typical work day at Helping Hands revolved around multiple staffing needs and busy phone lines. As a result, I learned various multitask techniques and the importance of exercising my organization skills. Management usually worked side by side with staff members and provided their assistance when necessary. Although, various co-workers had different obligations, we managed to work together to assist with accomplishing the organizations goal as a team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a short handed staff although we managed to get through each day with an above average performance. The most enjoyable part of working for helping hands would defiantly be the positive results of servicing each and every patient.
People friend job,
Live in carer (Current Employee), Alcester, ENGMay 19, 2014
Have only 2 hours time for yourself during a work.
Can you meet lovely people with many nice life story.
Owner/Supervisor
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 12, 2014
Pros: great boss, wonderful pay
Cons: not always enough to do, sometimes clients were too demanding, such as asking me to do things i wasn't authorized to do.
The owner was an honest and wonderful person. She worked very closely with me and helped me deal with issues that would rise out of dealing with people. She encouraged me to stick with it. I am very grateful for her. She made a better person out of me.
terribe place work
specialized Home Care Assistant (Former Employee), Blyth, ENGMay 2, 2014
Pros: free bar at xmas
Cons: driving exspences is disgusting dont get paid for the first 10 mile of each day .
bad communication skills , no one knows what the other person doing even though the desk are next to each other .promise you 40 hours only given 9 ..phoning you expecting you to drop everything to do a house call when the other carer has called in sick because of a night out . two faced managers , very clicky. the owners of the foundation are wonderful just a shame about the rest.
Wonderful company to work for.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Evansville, INApril 4, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: company closed
I worked for this company for 2 years. I was hired to be the Office Manager. The company is very employee friendly. They respect t and work with their employees. The expect the best, yet they always give their best. They are not slow to roll up their sleeves and work side by side with their staff. They have an open door policy and make you feel always welcome to come through the door and shut the door. Again, a great company to work for.
Great place to work and contribute
Accountant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2014
Intentional non-profit. Great place to work and contribute.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Barberton, OHMarch 31, 2014
Pros: calm workplace
Cons: no health benfits
The job as a whole was relaxing and worry free, I learned so much far as caring for some whome I wasn't related to. My co-workers and also the management team was amazing and everyone was cohesive, I mean we worked so well together in order to get our daily tasks completed and so that the client was comfortable in the privancy of their own home. The greatest task was see the client suffer in pain or declining but the most enjoyable was when the client was happy positve active day.
Fun and challenging
Live-in carer (Current Employee), Liverpool, ENGMarch 5, 2014
Pros: diversity, free transport, food allowance
Cons: long hours
Easy going environment
Flexible
Work at own initiative,can be a bit monotonous and challenging. Great support and training from management.
A great orgainisation.
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Genève, GEFebruary 24, 2014
If there were more organisations like this than the world woupd be a better place, they do a good job in helping people.
Fun While it lasted
Caregiver (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 23, 2014
It was very interesting working with new people each and every day.
Nice Work Place
Caregiver (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: its light work
Cons: not enough hours with client as need
I love the people and the environment I would come in clock in wash dishes, sweep and mop, walk the dog, clean, sweep, and mop the bathroom, assist with making the bed, assist with personal care...

I learned that patience is the key

The hardest part of my job is leaving my client knowing that he/she wont have anyone to help him/her until the next day

The most part of my job is to make sure my client is happy and feels safe at all times
productive and fun place of wok
Assistant (Former Employee), Safety Harbor, FLFebruary 5, 2014
I loved working here it's an awesome experience to have. my typical day was assisting the owner with the daily tasks at hand. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the children.
I enjoy being there to help people in need
Administrator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2014
My day begin with making sure everyone had breakfast. Next medication was issued,beds checked and day started. I then took care of paperwork and made sure resident were taken to doctor and other places. I enjoyed taking care of people.

About Helping Hands

Lotsa Helping Hands powers online caring communities that help restore health and balance to caregivers' lives. More than 65 million – Read more

Helping Hands Photos