Helping Hands

Helping Hands Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), OrilliaOctober 9, 2013
I did my co-op placement with them and was also hired on as a PSW. The wages could be more competitive but it really wasnt a bad place to work overall
excellent work environment, great supervisors
Outside Homecare Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: one mean boss
cutting lawns, trimming hedges and working are a typical day at work.
the hardest part of the job is the picky clients
Helping Other
Caregiver (Current Employee), London, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: helping others that can't help themselfs
Just being able to see a smile sick peoples faces.
Learn about different illness.
Hardest part about this job is that you can't always take the pain or the sadness away.
productive and fun workplace working with others
PCA (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 15, 2012
Pros: love working and helping people, but like to take a break after a 12 or 14 hour shift
Cons: i enjoy and love working long hours
Atypical day at work love working as a team palyers with both elderly people and younger people.can be very busy enjoyable day assisting people love to help out pich in and get thee proper job done.
over thee past 7 years ive learned many skills as a PCA
my co workers love working as a team plaayer with them also like to work alone.
Thee hardest part – more... of my job woud be if my client passed away.
working as a team players with my co workers love helping and assisting my clients with everyday living. – less
A great place to work!
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Michigan City, INOctober 11, 2014
I love my job! The clients are great and everyone i work with is very professional and understanding! The company works around my schedule which is very rare!
A Great Way of Life
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Thomson, GASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: fulfilling
Cons: can get stressful
Its a fitting reward for taking on life with disabilities on your on terms and caring for the people you love the very best you can given your limits.
Little to say
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Homewood, ILAugust 29, 2014
I really don't want to comment on working hear because in the final days working for this company I felt very disrespected. I wouldn't work for them again
Great Team
Custodial Engineer (Former Employee), Watkinsville, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: thanks for the great experience
Being apart of the helping hands team let me tune and learn how cleaning, lawn care, and moving and storage are done.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Cassopolis, MIAugust 11, 2014
This position was to fulfill my internship class requirements. It was an unpaid position.
enjoy the job
Janitorial (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2014
I will work by myself and do details cleaning for each building I was assign to.
help hands
Volunteer General Assistant (Former Employee), blackpoolAugust 8, 2014
work monday to friday and it was only part time helped replace wheelsbin and fix wheelsbin and i have been going roung doing paper and cardbored
fast paced salon
manager of tracey's tan and beauty (Former Employee), sunderlandAugust 7, 2014
Pros: being the manager
Cons: long hours
beauty therapist managing my fast paced salon in Sunderland, the day would start with checking my appointments and preparing the salon and staff for the day ahead, i was accountable for the day to day running of my salon, A meeting would take place before the salon doors opend and all staff involved with operations would talk about ensuring the salon – more... meets sales targets and constant flow of new products on offer. i learned that its very important to have a good comuiciton skills with my staff to ensure the smooth running of the day to day tasks so everyone know's what they have to do and my clients feel at ease, the hardest part of my job was making sure nothing went wrong, the most enjoyable part was seeing my clients happy and my staff . healthy bank balance too. – less
Ideal for seasonal work
cleaner (Current Employee), St. Ives, ENGAugust 7, 2014
Pros: ok in season
Cons: mainly saturday not much during week
Good people to work for always polite friendly and give plenty of notice of what work you are required to do
Helping Hands
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Aiken SCJune 30, 2014
I was hired to work second shift. When I'm scheduled for those shifts, I supervise the children in my care. I really enjoy working with the younger kids; the nursery is my favorite. We play outside a lot. I enjoy working with this age group to teach them positive social interactions as well as working with them to do for themselves; like feeding and – more... communicating their needs.
Sometimes I work with school age children (6-12 y/o). They too have a lot of outside activity. I chaperone field trips as well as direct behavior.
More often lately I have been assigned to 3rd shift, where I supervise the children while they sleep. – less
Working for Helping Hands
Homecare Porvider (Former Employee), Paramount, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: no healthcare
I loved working for helping hands!
The work was fun and it was always something new. i really enjoyed working with my coworkers we were a really good team im so sad he place had to close.
An efficient, quality child care service.
Casual OOSH Asst (Current Employee), Rosemeadow nSWJune 24, 2014
Pros: near to home
Cons: casual on call
A convenient located workplace with small team.
This organisation is run according to government guidelines and adheres to high quality and informed practices to ensure a good service for the children and parents.
Good casual work
Part-time domestic cleaner (Current Employee), Isle of WightJune 16, 2014
Casual cleaning and housekeeping work on a zero hours contract.
Great Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: working with a great team.
Cons: the royal oak branch was well known for being short staffed.
A typical work day at Helping Hands revolved around multiple staffing needs and busy phone lines. As a result, I learned various multitask techniques and the importance of exercising my organization skills. Management usually worked side by side with staff members and provided their assistance when necessary. Although, various co-workers had different – more... obligations, we managed to work together to assist with accomplishing the organizations goal as a team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a short handed staff although we managed to get through each day with an above average performance. The most enjoyable part of working for helping hands would defiantly be the positive results of servicing each and every patient. – less
People friend job,
Live in carer (Current Employee), Alcester, ENGMay 19, 2014
Have only 2 hours time for yourself during a work.
Can you meet lovely people with many nice life story.
Owner/Supervisor
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 12, 2014
Pros: great boss, wonderful pay
Cons: not always enough to do, sometimes clients were too demanding, such as asking me to do things i wasn't authorized to do.
The owner was an honest and wonderful person. She worked very closely with me and helped me deal with issues that would rise out of dealing with people. She encouraged me to stick with it. I am very grateful for her. She made a better person out of me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Helping Hands

Lotsa Helping Hands powers online caring communities that help restore health and balance to caregivers' lives. More than 65 million – Read more

Helping Hands Photos