Helical Pier Systems

Helical Pier Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
poorly managed company
Field Welder (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad scheduling practices. no time for family life
good for a young worker, who just wants to work.
Lots of broken promises from management.
don't like to pay outstanding debts to contract welders
Senior Management, Sales, Field and Facilities, Eng, Survey, Safety, QA/QC, DC etc...are SPOT ON
Keeping this private (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay. random friday lunches. rrsp. fun group. family like. events. people.
Cons: long hours
Senior Management and all of my co-workers were team oriented and always did their best to think outside the box.

The Management 4-star rating above reflects lower level Supervisors. Although a very professional team, the Five Star rating is reserved for Senior Management.

The Salary and Benefits are on par or better than standard.

Due to the nature of the work and industry needs, work/life balance can get a little off kilter. If you want a more controlled work/life balance go work 9-5 ...

I loved almost every moment, hitting the ground running; learning something new all the time. A wonderful experience and I'm forever grateful.

I've read some other reviews for HPS on here and I think those negative comments are a reflection persons writing them. If you can't get along with this team, you best be working for yourself, or stay unemployed.
Poor management
Driver (Former Employee), LamontJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: pay was ok
Cons: see above
I was excited about going to work with this company,,,,,,,,,,,,,,soon found out that management will treat you like ...........well, not very good. They will cover their rear when they make a mistake and as we all know,,,,,,the brown stuff runs down hill. Too bad really.
I really enjoyed working for them
Welder (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 17, 2014
Great company to work for, treated employees great and produced great products
Great job Satisfaction
Lead Yard Hand/Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMay 16, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: plant shutdown
Very enjoyable day to day workplace
Management was very open to advancing you
Learned invaluable skills
Stay as far away from this company as possible
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), AlbertaDecember 19, 2012
Pros: paid flights
Cons: poor and misleading management
Make sure you have contract with this company or they will rip you off on the first paycheck. Management misleads its employes. Very seasonal. Never know when you go back to work. Very unfriendly and unproffesional workplace. Equipment in very poor conditions and quality. Safety is only talked about but barely practiced.
Good place to work at for very senior engineers
Senior Geotechnical/Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 2, 2012
Worked hard. the culture is very good and the staff is freindly.
I love to work with the public and also help my fellow employee's advance or help them. I like to learn new things when I can.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Lamont, albertaMay 16, 2012
I was the Sernior Office Lady. Worked ib Accpac most of the day. Was in charge of PO's, Benefits, Time Sheets, Payroll, Time Off requests, Inventory. Pretty much the go to person for 99 % of things done in an office on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.