Helical Pier Systems is seeking a Shop Welder/Fabricator to join our team in Edmonton, Alberta.
If you are energetic and excited to work as part of a team, focused on providing exceptional customer service, completing each job to the highest standards and want to contribute your skills and experience within a growing and dynamic industry, then we want to hear from you! You'll be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a dynamic and growing company, a work environment where feeling valued and respected is an expectation, career advancement opportunities and a competitive benefit and compensation package.
The Fitter/Fabricator is responsible for Operating and maintaining welding, fitting, and cutting equipment as well as the fabrication and maintenance of company equipment, tools, and special projects. Duties also include the fabrication of customer projects. The Fabricator must be proficient in all welding cutting processes.
You bring the following:
- Work well with others
- Capable of working within a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow direction, remain alert, and maintain a high level of concentration
- Maintains strong coordination, organization, leadership, and communication skills
- Have good judgement and the ability to react quickly
- Strong QC abilities with a high level of workmanship
- Abides by all policies, procedures, rules and applicable legislation
- Must be capable of working independently & with others with little supervision
- Strong ability to lead and guide apprentices
Conditions of employment include:
- Journeyman Welder
- Maintain CWB Status
- CWB certified in SMAW/FCAW all position
- CWB Supervisor would be an asset
- Strong Fitting ability
- Must be able to read and interpret Blueprints
- Familiarity with the production & QC inspection process
- Capable of working overtime
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the Welding/Fabrication Trade
- Knowledge of, or training in, WHMIS, OSSA is considered an asset
- CSTS is an asset (or training will be provided)
- Forklift, Skid Steer, Overhead Crane Training is an asset
- Ability to effectively communicate & assist with personnel over the phone/email
- Must pass a pre-employment Drug, Alcohol and 50lb physical fitness test
- Responsible to wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Class 5 driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
Our Company offers engineering, manufacturing, installation, equipment design and creation for foundation systems within residential, commercial, oil & gas, utility and industrial markets. A world leader, our equipment sales, maintenance and tooling division are unique and offer services no one else in the industry provides. With a proven track record and the drive to be an industry leader, we are committed to providing high quality innovative and engineered foundation products to a diverse market.
We thank all interested candidates who apply and show interest in our organization, however only those being considered will be contacted directly for an interview. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.