Helical Pier Systems is seeking a Manufacturing Welder to join our team in Fort St. John, BC.
If you are energetic and excited to work as part of a team, focused on providing exceptional customer service, completing each job to the highest standards and want to contribute your skills and experience within a growing and dynamic industry, then we want to hear from you! You'll be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a dynamic and growing company, a work environment where feeling valued and respected is an expectation, career advancement opportunities and a competitive benefit and compensation package.
The Manufacturing Welder will comply with CSA 47.1 and 59 standards and all of the requirements as outlined by the Canadian Welding Bureau. While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the Manufacturing Welder will work within the production team to achieve a consistent high level of quality and productivity in all aspects of the job.
You bring the following:
- Work well with others
- Capable of working within a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow direction, remain alert, and maintain a high level of concentration
- Have good judgement and the ability to react quickly
- Knowledge of, or training in, WHMIS, OSSA is considered an asset
Conditions of employment include:
- Must be a Journeyman Welder or be an apprentice enrolled within the Welding program
- CWB tickets preferred
- Must pass a pre-employment Drug, Alcohol and 50lb physical fitness test
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprint drawings
- Have the ability to identify raw materials
- Familiarity with the production & QC inspection process
- Skilled at using equipment such as – grinders, torches, stick, and wire feed welding equipment
- Splice Welding may be part of the job (requiring additional certification)
- Responsible to wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Quality and consistency in their welds is a must. Most welding is done in the flat position and in such all materials are rolled and welded
- Must attend, and partake in all pre-job, post job, and monthly safety meetings
- Class 5 driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
Please note this is a full time shop position. You must live in Fort St. John or the surrounding area or be willing to relocate.
Our Company offers engineering, manufacturing, installation, equipment design and creation for foundation systems within residential, commercial, oil & gas, utility and industrial markets. A world leader, our equipment sales, maintenance and tooling division are unique and offer services no one else in the industry provides. With a proven track record and the drive to be an industry leader, we are committed to providing high quality innovative and engineered foundation products to a diverse market.
We thank all interested candidates who apply and show interest in our organization, however only those being considered will be contacted directly for an interview. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.