Helical Pier Systems Ltd. (HPS), North America’s largest engineering, manufacturer, and installer of helical piles, since 1977, has an immediate position available for a Surveyor (Construction). We will assist with relocation.
If you are energetic and excited to work as part of a team, focused on providing exceptional customer service, completing each job to the highest standards and want to contribute your skills and experience within a growing and dynamic industry, then we want to hear from you.
Under the direct supervision of Surveyor Manager, the Surveyor’s main responsibilities will include:
- Completion of various types of surveys including stake outs and topographic surveys
- Ensuring implementation company safe work policy and quality assurance
- Communicating scope and schedule information to team members
- Managing the flow of data from field to office and back
- Ensuring project tasks are completed on time and accurate
- Having field notes that are clear, concise and accurate
- Preferable have technical diploma in geometrics with a minimum of 2 years in the survey field. A combination of field experience and education would also be acceptable
- Excellent writing and communication skills and attention to detail
- Competency with computers, total stations, GPS and laser levels
- Willingness to learn new methods/field software
- A valid Alberta driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract for the past 3 years
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced working environment on multiple projects
- Must be willing to travel throughout Alberta and work rotations
- Must pass a pre-employment 50lb Fitness test and Drug & Alcohol test
As proven leader in the piling industry, HPS is committed to providing custom engineered helical piling solutions that meet the needs of our clients over a diverse range of industries from residential, commercial, power transmission and telecommunication, oil & gas, provincial and municipal government agencies.
HPS is an equal opportunity employer offering an excellent compensation package and benefits.
We thank all interested candidates who apply and show interest in our organization, however only those being considered will be contacted directly for an interview. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.