Department manager required for dynamic and customer oriented retail garden centre!
- Oversee plant health and quality in nursery department
- recognize plant stressors (disease, insects, drought) and take appropriate action
- Assist customers in finding and purchasing ideal plants for their situation
- Supervision of part-time staff
- Customer service and operation of cash register
- Assist in keeping the store clean, tidy and shoppable
- Track inventory and report shortages to store manager
- Full job description available on request
- 2 years in greenhouse, landscaping, or related field
- Formal education in horticulture an asset
- Customer service experience
- Formal or informal knowledge of pests, and control strategies
- Ability to stand or walk for up to 10hrs per shift
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors, or inside greenhouse which can reach upwards of 45*C
- Ability to lift 40-50lbs without assistance
- Additional education or training an asset
Remuneration will be based on successful candidate's experience and qualifications.
Applicants should understand that this position is seasonal, and hours will fluctuate based on customer traffic. Peak season (May/June) the successful candidate may be asked to work overtime, however during slow times hours will be reduced. We will always try to give priority hours to department managers, however during the slowest times employees may be sent home.
All employees are laid off after Christmas for the winter (January-March), as the store will be closed during that time.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for the position. Only submissions which include a cover letter will be considered. Please use the cover letter to tell us a bit about your personality. We are looking for friendly and dynamic personalities to help ensure that our customers always have a pleasant and enjoyable experience in our store.
Salutations can be addressed to "Mr. and Mrs. Hunter".
We appreciate all submissions, but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Heirloom Greens & Gardens is a full service retail garden centre located in NE London, ON. We pride ourselves on having high quality stock...