Summary: Develop and execute sales plan for assigned OEM and CM accounts focusing on business retention, account penetration and demand identification initiatives to meet or exceed established sales and profit forecast/goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Identifies tracks and pursues available business at assigned account base and/or in assigned geographic territory.
- Manages account activity to assure proper product penetration and volume increases.
- Travels to accounts in territory to meet with current and prospective accounts to present or reinforce Company's value proposition in an effort to identify and close business opportunities.
- Manage all internal and external resources necessary to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Displays or demonstrates products and/or services using appropriate sales and marketing collateral.
- Develops and presents professional business proposals to existing and prospective customers.
- Prepares and submits strategic account call itinerary and call reports as required.
- Works with and communicates with inside sales to coordinate account activities and strategies.
- Develops strong, productive supplier relationships and coordinates customer product presentations with suppliers.
- Updates customer profile tools and uses information to efficiently manage territory as required.
- Develops, maintains and advances relationships with key customer contacts including purchasing, engineering and upper management within assigned account base.
- Directly solicits customer service feedback and, if necessary, assists in the coordination of resolution to any problems or issues.
- Attends select trade shows as required.
- Prepares and submits business expense reports as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be looking for a long term job
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Minimum of 2 years sales/marketing experience, preferably in the field
- Must have a proven record of growing business through successful long term relationships
- Must have strong computer skills, specifically with Excel and Outlook
- Must have extremely strong organizational and follow up skills
- Must be a strong team player
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel and Outlook a must)
- Must be a self motivator
- Must have strong time management skills
- Must be a quick learner and be able to retain knowledge in multiple areas
- Must be very strong in multi-tasking!
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, deadlines and updating tasks at all times
- Must be a problem solver
- Must be able to build strong professional customer relations
Account Business Management
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or two plus years related sales/marketing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in electronic component distribution sales or closely related field preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in the following applications: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with sales tracking software a plus.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Heilind Electronics (Heilind) is a privately held business-to-business distributor of electronic components headquartered in Wilmington,...