Heavy Industries builds some of Canada’s most interesting public art and creative construction projects and we are looking for a Designer to expand both our capacity and evolve our Design capabilities even further. Heavy Industries prides itself on effective design that matches client needs with buildable projects. You will be a part of conceptual, construction, and manufacturing design for a wide variety of projects for Architects, Public Artists, Landscape Architects, and professional designers.
You will spend the majority of your time working in three-dimensional digital space. As such, advanced skills in SolidWorks at a minimum are an absolute necessity. We are looking to complement our current design team with a fresh perspective; if you have solid architectural experience, then you may be just the person we are looking for.
Find out more about Heavy Industries design work at: www.heavyindustries.ca/design
- Direct involvement in the design cycle from concept through production & installation
- Design for manufacture & assembly
- Selecting the most appropriate materials for quality, cost efficiency & reduction of cycle time
- 3D validation of assembly sequences & complex parts
- Standardization of fasteners & fabrication techniques to improve production efficiency
- Assembly visualization & validation
- Achieving the aesthetic the client desires
- Clarifying production processes through documentation & animations
- Sales support
- Up-front design & costing to assist estimators
- Design visualization & photorealistic renderings
- Continual improvement of Heavy’s mechanical design & drafting quality standards
- Directly applicable experience working in manufacturing, construction, fabrication, or a similar industry
- Extensive knowledge of various design software including, but not limited to Rhino, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Adobe Suite, SketchUp, Revit, and Modo. Extensive experience with SolidWorks is an absolute necessity.
- A directly-related educational background from a reputable institution
- Experience developing concepts and 3D models
- Experience organizing design work and managing shifting priorities
Sound like a good fit? If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please get in touch. Find out more at www.heavyindustries.ca/careers
Indeed - 6 months ago
Heavy Industries has been beautifying the built world since 2003. As a custom fabricator based in Calgary, Heavy Industries has manufactured...