Heavens is seeking an energetic and dynamic Wellness Program Coordinator who will join the Heavens team of leading fitness providers! This is a permanent full-time employment opportunity with Heavens Elevated Fitness to create and implement Employee Wellness Programs and Interventions for Devon Energy.
Serve as a Wellness Program Coordinator for Heavens Fitness at The Well. Coordinate in- and outside- club lifestyle health behaviour interventions and exercise adherence challenges for both corporate and field based employees. Maintain high level of knowledge of current health-related issues and wellness program industry knowledge. Possess knowledge and skills to assist with day-to-day wellness program management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Promotion or Public Health preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Health Promotion and/or Population Health/Public Health
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred
- Current CPR, AED &First Aid certification
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS) training and/or Group Fitness Leadership Certification (AFLCA/ CanFitPro/ACE)
- Proactive, highly adaptable and inspirational approach to management.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organizational and computer skills.
1. Maintain an annual program calendar outlining small and medium scale programs and large scale interventions. Create content for website, digital signage, blogs, campaigns, programs and interventions
2. Coordinate wellness program development, implementation, and evaluation for corporate and field based employees
3. Recruit, engage, train and build capacity of local wellness champions to support a culture of health at Devon.
4. Continual analyses of program evaluation with monthly reports to the General Manager (GM).
5. Maintain focus on the biometric outcomes of the employees of Devon.
6. Assist with ongoing marketing/promotional efforts including the selection of intrinsic and extrinsic motivators
7. Maintain an annual budget of program necessities and incentives.
8. Work with Wellness Program Manager to design, implement and evaluate lifestyle programs for Calgary employees
9. Provide health education presentations and classes as needed in areas of expertise and skill.
10. Provide new member orientations and additional floor supervision as needed
11. Maintain confidential records of all participants.
12. Maintain the highest level of customer service to all Devon Energy employees.
13. Support bio-metric screening process
14. Working in conjunction with Boomerang Wellness for biometric screening
15. Leadership & Management of Corporate Fitness Specialist and Field- Site Specialist
16. Travel will be require to assist Wellness Initiatives for Devon Field Site Locations
The above job overview describes the general nature of The Wellness Program Coordinator position and is not intended to be the complete list of responsibilities and skills required for this position.