As one of Canada’s largest office furniture manufacturers, Heartwood Manufacturing Ltd. (est. 1985) has distinguished itself from other competitors with its commitment to quality, innovation and service.
The Logistics Coordinator will provide daily logistics support for growing import and global sourcing initiatives. Individual will be responsible for coordinating the daily flow of import goods from foreign origins to any of our 4 locations in Canada. This role will help to control transportation expenses through ensuring proper handling and routing of goods.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee Inbound Shipment Coordination for all Import Purchase Orders.
- Monitor booking/inbound shipment details to ensure on time delivery at warehouses.
- Responsible for adherence to all transportation related compliance requirements.
- Handle import claims coordination for all overages, shortages and damage.
- Initiate preliminary claims for shortages/damages and all associated incidental expenses against suppliers and/or 3PL service providers.
- Assist with the negotiation process for Freight Forwarders and direct ocean carriers related services to include spot rate requests and new lane analysis.
- Interface with Freight Forwarders, direct ocean carriers and preferred transportation service providers to ensure timely shipment releases, container pick up from ports and rails, and coordinate all port to warehouse transportation.
- Responsible for Import and Domestic Logistics Analysis and Reporting.
- Source providers & negotiate domestic and international rates, LTL, FTL (transfers), local and Courier, brokerage & maintain NAFTA.
- Conduct analysis to determine the lowest cost/best service options and make recommendations to management.
- 3 to 5 years related experience an asset with an ocean carrier, Freight Forwarder, NVOCC and/or 3PL preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities as well as effective written/verbal communication skills and strong computer skills.
Indeed - 6 months ago