As one of Canada’s largest office furniture manufacturers, Heartwood Manufacturing Ltd. (est. 1985) has distinguished itself from other competitors with its commitment to quality, innovation and service. Our 30,000 square foot facility in Kelowna, BC supports over 40 office and production staff and services markets across Canada
Technology is a big part of Heartwood’s success. Major investments in CNC machining technology and cutting edge manufacturing software ensure accuracy and reliability in all of the products we build.
We are currently seeking an IT Technician/Programmer to compliment our IT Department. We offer a competitive wage and eligibility for a benefits package as well as a profit sharing program.
- Software Design: Enhance and support several main in-house software applications, utilizing Visual Basic, VBA, T-SQL, and Crystal reports. Programming experience required.
- Network Administration: Setup and maintenance of a SBS2008 network environment.
- Hardware Support: Repair/replacement of the office computers, components and cabling in a networked environment. Includes design, sourcing, purchasing and installation.
- Operating Systems: Setup and maintenance of Win XP, Windows 7, and SBS2008 servers and stations.
- User Support: Support and train office and production staff on hardware and software use.
- Information Gathering/Technical Writing: Researching, pricing and evaluating new off-the-shelf hardware and software. Documenting in-house software and writing procedures.
- Experience working in the listed Key Areas
- Degree, diploma or equivalent in a computer science field an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in a supervisory capacity considered an asset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with project management and strategic planning for future needs an asset
- Effective team building skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.