Reporting to the Manager of IT the IT Coordinator will focus on the design, support, and maintenance of the regional computer network. The IT Coordinator will also design, support, maintain and implement the regional telecommunication systems.
- Degree or Diploma in computer technology from a recognized institute OR suitable combination of education and experience.
- Experience in all areas of local and wide area networks management and administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support; experience installing and supporting Microsoft server technologies; experience with or willingness to learn to support Cisco and Nortel telecommunications equipment.
APPLICABLE KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN/SAN, hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
- Install and maintain the network infrastructure including wiring, internal and edge devices such as hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, modems, access points and antennas.
- Ability to work independently to plan and implement network and Telecommunication solutions
- Ability to maintain, inventory and manage the telephone systems and voice mail, including ordering lines, telephone moves and service changes. Phone systems vary from Stand-alone telephones to PBX’s and IP Telephony systems.
- Plans, researches, recommends and assists in the design of networks and telecommunications systems
- Ability to design regional network and telecommunications systems
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required
- Travel is required
- After hours/weekend/on call may be required
Indeed - 5 months ago
Heartland Health is an integrated health delivery system, which includes a medical center, physician practices, foundation and a health plan...