"The Heartland Agency is dedicated to helping children and families by providing programs that advance optimal development, advance children's emotional, physical and intellectual health, increase children's safety, and link families with their communities for more positive family outcomes."
The Heartland Agency’s EvenStart program is a special education and treatment program serving children between 3 and 5 years who come from a variety of 'at risk' situations, including backgrounds of trauma, abuse, neglect and poverty. We are currently seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to join our Agency as an Educational Assistant (EA). This position is located at the Monterey Park location (6908 26th Avenue NE) and will commence as soon as possible.
The EA implements and facilitates daily classroom plans under the supervision and direction of the classroom teacher. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Develop and implement activities and strategies to address Individual Program Plan (IPP) goals
· Organize and prepare daily plans/strategies for children to address their individual needs (e.g., visual schedules, curriculum modifications, sensory strategies, etc.)
· Assist children in play activities to address their goals
· Consult with the teacher and therapy team to review, brainstorm and implement strategies
· Assist with classroom maintenance, material preparation and set-up
· Assist with self-help skills where needed, including toileting and diapering children
· Participate in up to 2 bussing components throughout the day
· Alberta Child Care Certification level (can be obtained upon hire within a designated time frame)
· A valid Class 5 driver’s license and willingness to obtain a Class 4 license
· Current first aid certification (can be obtained upon hire within a designated time frame)
· Current criminal record check (including vulnerable sector check)
· Experience with a special needs population is an asset
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit an updated resume and cover letter by email or by fax (403-590-1044).
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.