Heart and Stroke Foundation Employee Reviews

Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 5, 2015
Very good foundation to work with. They do many good things for the community as well as supporting and encouraging the people who come along side of them volenteering.
Great cause, good people
Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Staff genuinely cares about the Mission. Great volunteer group. Challenging work environment especially as there are too many competing priorities across the Foundation.
Pros
Great cause
Cons
Long work hours
Unsupportive Management Team
ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 23, 2015
I was struggling during the first few weeks working there as I did not get a proper training. I got blamed for something I did not do and I think the manager just wanted to let her stress out on me.
Account Support
Account Support-Internship (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Each day is a busy day with tons of work and through it, I learn how to keep effective time management, pay attention to detail and work in a team. Management as well as co-workers are supportive and provide a friendly atmosphere. The hardest part of this job is going through many records to find a single information simply because the code for tracking it wasn't provided during the initial recording
Energetic workplace
Volunteer Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 10, 2015
My volunteer work for Heart and Stroke Foundation has been exceptional. They are always willing and able to work around my schedule and they understand that the life of a student is busy. They appreciate my help, too.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
It was a great place to work at
Telerecruiter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 1, 2015
I had to call people, and ask them if they would like to go canvassing for the heart and stroke foundation. I found this to be a great job but it was hard when people yelled at you for calling them. I found with a soft friendly voice that people were more apt to Want to do this!
Pros
I love working for a company I believe in
Cons
The job was hard with people yelling at you and hanging up on you
productive and comfortable work envroment
telephone recruiter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 24, 2015
- easy environment to work in
- the supervisor is extremely nice and easy to get along with
- very straight forward job easy to get started
Pros
great salary, fun job
Cons
only three and a half hour shifts, and the job is seasonal
Professionally and personally rewarding position
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 4, 2015
Responsible for the recruitment of Jump Rope for Heart events throughout the Halton region. Program revenue is ¾ of the area office fundraising goal. Promoting healthy eating, physical exercise and living smoke free to youth through Heart Healthy Kids presentations. Exceeding in recruiting many fit living fundraising events within the region. Consistently achieving fundraising goals. Increased the recruitment of over 20,000 fundraising participants within 3 years. Coordinated and developed the top 2 fundraising schools in Ontario.
Pros
Working within the community
Sensitization in regards to heart and stroke and its prevailing problems
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 21, 2015
Very Educative in Heart and Stroke and how certain aspects can be prevented and avoided and also events organizing inorder to sensitize on heart and stroke and its prevailing problems.
Nice friendly aroma. Learned new good helpful skills and met new people.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam BC CanadaMay 28, 2015
Since I went as a volunteer everyday was different for me. Some days I would do data entry on the computers, others I will organize or count up all the donations. The days I went in to volunteer usually consisted of different people who were all very friendly. The hardest part of the job was to go online and find good places to advertise for the big bike event . The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning new skills.
Pros
Volunteer whever i want to. Nice people. Simple but useful jobs.
Cons
If organizing it can get boring fast. No pay
Productive and fun workplace
Clerical Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2015
Maintained the effectiveness of merchandise flow
Maintained the presentation standards throughout the store and the stockroom
Great place to learn.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Working as an office assistant allowed me to have various duties such as: filing papers, making spreadsheets, cleaning and sorting the backroom, shredding paper and other similar tasks. I learned how to be a team player and complete duties fast and efficiently. My manager was great and she was an effective leader. There was no hard part of the job for me. The most enjoyable part was completing my tasks perfectly and quickly that my manager had nothing else for me to do.
A Great Working Environment
Telerecruiter (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 23, 2015
The environment was very positive no matter the situation. Management had great organizational skills and made everyone feel part of the team. My paycheque would not be very large at times because of small cliental but I learned to improve on my communication skills and think "outside of the box".
Pros
baked goods break
Cons
not enough hours
intense expectations with little time on a contract with limited funding
Person to Person Campaign Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJanuary 27, 2015
very nice people to work with, and I enjoy the fact of helping a great cause, but life is far too out of balance, not healthy
Pros
good cause
Cons
no balance
Top Heavy - Donor dollars waisted
assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Organization is top heavy , went through a period before the foundation became a national foundation promoting many employees into management/director positions - only to go through big lay offs a few years later (where did the money go) with most of the employees who do the 'grunt work' to raise the money to get laid off. An example of wasting donor dollars, small office of 5 employees - foundation needs 2 managers to manage them and pay 2 manager salaries with money raised by donors. This organization WAISTS donor dollars
Collected Donations
Volunteer Donation Colector (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 5, 2014
Walked door to door
People skills
Heart And stroke foundation
Sister
Getting donations
Walking around in the dark
Close family like working place
Tele-Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 27, 2014
My day starts with gathering all needed files and setting up my work place.
I've learned to adapt or change for a better results.
The management team work like guardians as they not only help in work place problems but also gives valuable advice for being a successful and better individual.
My co workers are like my close friends as we all have made home like environment at our job place.
The hardest part is when my shift gets over and I've to pack up.
The most enjoyable moment of my job is when somebody gets a new recruit and we reach our weekly goal.
Pros
home like environment
Cons
short hour shifts
excellent working environment
Volunteer Data Entry/Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 25, 2014
learned how to ride the 30 people big bike
learned fundraising
interacted with many people
participated in indoor work and outdoor work
Pros
free activities and trips to events and rides
Cons
no hiring positions
Very rewarding
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Island (Various locations)June 4, 2014
Enjoyed working for them selling various small items, several times a year very much. I often did it with a friend, or co-worker and it was very rewarding for everyone involved.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
being ignored by passer-bys
Fast paced, short delivery timelines, tech-oriented and revenue oriented company
Manager, Surrey/Langley/White Office (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 7, 2014
Generating revenue was paramount. Everything revolved around that but it was a fun and easy to get along with people environment. People were very focused on the tasks at hand and what the deliverables were.
Pros
focus on what needs to get done. be efficient with your time and that of others.
Cons
no real long term vision. dynamics could turn into work politics