Heart and Stroke Foundation Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Tele - Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2017
Great Initiative and to be a part of it feels great. Good for students who want to work part time. This job will definitely improve your Listening skills.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Cons
Good
Health Promotion Intern (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 August 2017
A typical day at work involved environmental scan and telephone interviews conducted province wide in Saskatchewan. I learned how focus groups and provincial meets are conducted and arranged. Management was very friendly and I had the opportunity to interact with people who were 55+ and I was fortunate enough to share some wisdom with them. Workplace culture was pretty friendly and everyone was very kind and helpful. Hardest part of the job was my travel time to the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was conducting telephone interviews and learning CPR and also being a part of HSF was very much fun.
Pros
free training courses
Cons
nil
great place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 July 2017
Rewarding place to work
ensured safety of staff and clients
paid on time
rewarding experience
great office environment
easy communication with boss and head office
Heart and Stroke
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2017
I had volunteered at the Heart and Stroke Foundation, to gain experience In data entry, as well as volunteering is needed to help events happen in our community. Also it is need to help spread the word..
Optimistic Workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 July 2017
I loved working there. Everyone has a positive attitude. I enjoyed working with friends and working together. I'm looking forward to working with them again.
walk door to door
Volunteer Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 June 2017
you walk door to door to ask people for donations for cancer research, you meat a lot of different people and cultures. It is nice to take time out to help people.
Productive Workplace and gain lots of experience
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
Working volunteer in Heart and Stroke Foundation was a great challenges and other volunteer community I gave back in the community.Its about how to deal and fellowship with all types of people.The type of worked is more on data entry recording get all the accurate information,gave adviced and help.As well well as office management,including filling,recording handling in and out call and its a multi task work.How to manage and control time.And work under pressure.My knowledge and training and schooling in Health and Safety help a lot in adopting in actual work office setting.
Pros
free entrance fee in community work services
Cons
lots of meetings if there is in coming activities
management
Data Entry and Office duties (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 June 2017
only communicate with you if you're in a certain ethnic group and also only train you in a certain group that are limited to your ethnicity
and the have advancement opportunities but the person in charge of the interviews is also bias as they only interview a certain minority ethnic group.
Cons
racial bias
Lovely people. Comforting.
Telerecruiter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 May 2017
Eh... Ok
The division of work is not too good. Really not good at all. Also, It is especially boring. The tasks given to you are the same, never progressing type. People there always either have a poker face or seem like they don't really live any happy life at all.
Pros
Looks good on resume.
Cons
Stated above - in detail
N-a
Data Entry and Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
Good place where to work !
If you are looking for job as student or as second job it will be good choice for you !

Looking forward to seeing you soon !
Pros
Free Coffee and food as well!
Cons
N-a
Productive and fun learning atmosphere
Campaign Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2017
It's a good cause so feel satisfied working there. We work on spreading awareness about heart attacks and stroke attacks by recruiting volunteer canvasser and the firm do have many ways to do it.
Team and goal-oriented workplace
Tele-Recruiter (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 April 2017
There are only four full-time positions with this office in town, and the operation is largely volunteer-supported, Tele-recruiters are brought in two or three times a year and are well-paid. The environment is clean and the entire attitude is respectful. A good place to work.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Tedious cold call lists. You need to expect a lot of rejection.
Friendly and Safe
Prospecting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
Heart and Stroke is a safe and friendly environment. This is a well know organization with a reputation that speaks for itself. I enjoy volunteering here.
phone calling
Campaign Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2017
the job is calling, including cold calling people and following a written script to ask people to participate in fundraising events for the Heart and Stroke foundation.
Great experience
Office Administation and Event Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
Learned a lot from my experience at HSF. It's a great organization and met a lot of fantastic people there. This work experience really helped me develop my skills in microsoft excel, sales force and tax receipting. I also enjoyed being able to actively participate in HSF's many fundraising events.
Pros
Work environment
Volunteer work
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 December 2016
Collecting donations by going door-to-door. Not a job but required for community service hours for graduation. Communication skills learned, management non-existant
Welcoming environment.
Labelled volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto,8 December 2016
The team was very welcoming and worked together to complete tasks. Learned many event planning skills. Much space for independent learning and growth.
Tele recruiter and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 November 2016
I worked here as a part time Tele recruiter and also as a supervisor. I absolutely loved it. The staff were all as helpful, friendly and easy to be around. I was there on contract and wish it hadn't of ended. If it wasn't evening shifts I would be back in a heart beat.
Pros
Laid back, easy job, good pay
Cons
Evening shift
fun
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 October 2016
The work i was able to do with them was great. Allowed for growth and felt my work was making a difference. Learned a lot from my co-workers as this was a placement position for me.
Learn with experience
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2016
I have done my Practicum in Heart and Stroke foundation where i work in team to prepare fundraising kits and Data Entry.
My previous experience from India i learn :

* Arrange meeting and corporate functions
* Executive mail distribution and expense accounts
* Organize and maintain filing system
* Order and inventory office supplies
* Coordinate telephone ans maintenance
Pros
i love learn new things and do my best
Cons
i hate to sit free