Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fun and great learning experience
Kawartha and Trenthills Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 September 2016
the people I worked with were amazing. I learned so much about office work, organizing, and the importance of making connections with others in the community. My time at Heart and Stroke was short and sweat, I was on an 8 week contract.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
long time looking at computers
Area Office
employment (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 December 2015
Area offices are more hands on with the programs and volunteers. feels more like a smaller company in a day to day routine, since they usually only have 3-5 staff that actually work there More team attitude help each other. where provincial office feels like everyone for yourself and only do one job
Pros
good vacation days, 4 day work weeks in summer, extra time off at christmas, good cause
Cons
long hours, always pushing from the top with no support or enough turn around time to be successfully
Nic's Daily Work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2013
At Heart and Stroke, I am taking on Daily Revenue, Transaction, Banking, Payable and Receivable, Month-end Reconciliation, Reporting, Year-end Financial Statement, and Auditing etc.

The office is very good with friendly co-workers. And we share the same value of charitable fundraising mission.
An organization that educated the community and provided a great work environment for learning and growing your own personal goals.
Area Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON5 June 2013
On a daily basis, I would bank donor dollars, record all database information, answer customer inquiries, keep records of all office supplies, equipment while supervising a number of office volunteers.

I learned to juggle a great many tasks while supervising volunteers in a deadline driven environment.

My co-workers were amazing and were very team oriented with a great drive for success.

The hardest part of the job was when many fundraising programs ran simultaneous giving limited time to handle the administration of the fundraising incentives and receipts.

The best part of the job was the incredible volunteers that would come into the office on a regular basis to assist with the office administration which allowed me to perform my job with success.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Long Hours
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  ottawa23 October 2012
Rewarding place to work. Able to learn a lot about office administration and handling of confidential documents.