HealthForceOntario is the province’s strategy to ensure that Ontarians have access to the right number and mix of qualified health care providers, now and in the future.
The HealthForceOntario strategy is:
- Identifying and addressing Ontario’s health human resource needs.
- Engaging partners in education and health care to develop skilled, knowledgeable providers and create the health care delivery teams that will make the most of their abilities.
- Introducing new and expanded provider roles to increase the number of providers working in health care and build on the skills of those already in the system.
- Making Ontario the employer-of-choice for all health care providers.
Position Title: Developer
Organisation: HealthForceOntario Marketing and Recruitment Agency
Location: 163 Queen St. East, Toronto, Ontario
Supervisor’s Position Title: Manager, Information Technology (IT)
Scheduled Hours of Work: 35
Position Type: Permanent, full-time
Purpose of the Position
Develop and support web-based applications for the agency.
1. Construct, develop, code, debug and maintain web-based applications.
2. Conform to in-house software development processes.
3. Participate in code reviews.
4. Write technical documentation.
5. Apply rigorous testing methodologies and use cases to analyze and verify software programs, algorithms, data transformation, forms, reports and interfaces.
6. Communicate issues and status information to Manager, IT concerning system development activities.
7. Generate application test data as necessary and validate any data conversion requirements for final implementation and production roll-out.
8. Participate in project status review meetings with Manager, IT and other stakeholders.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT.
1. 8+ years of production programming experience of which 4+ years of solid PHP design/coding/testing in open source environment building large scale distributed web sites.
2. Experience working in a formal software development environment.
3. 2-3+ years of object-oriented software coding experience for web applications
4. MySQL, Apache technology experience based on LAMP model.
5. Computer Science trained graduate or with equivalent work experience.
6. Strong written/verbal communication skills.
7. Strong web application documentation, design, coding and testing experience.
8. Proven analytical ability to create/modify application code to support new functionality.
9. Strong debugging experience with code written by other developers.