Health

Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
working hard and a lot of chellange.
infirmière auxiliaire (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 15, 2013
i work in nursing home and hospital and i like it so much. working with people make me happy.
working hard and a lot of chellange.
infirmière auxiliaire (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 15, 2013
As I worked in different positions in India and Australia, and I have the capability to perform well in information related areas. In my work place I
Customer service office (Current Employee), Parramatta, NSWDecember 17, 2014
Pros: always positive and do fun activities at work to know each other well
Cons: when there is work which has got deadline always stay back to finish the work
Always positive, friendly, follow CORE values
Extremely high focus on customer service, for both internal and external customer. Team player with a genuine commitment working with the team to achieve and exceed the desired results. Accurate Data Entry and answering phones in an exceptionally professional manner to meet high standards of customer service – more... and we do maintain To do list everyday to prioritise the work to meet the deadlines in a high volume and we give preference to the urgent requests which has got time frame and we meet SI’s. Commonwealth Bank is a big Organization - we do handle with calls inbound and outbound with Government Bodies – less
its Fairly
Data Capturer (Current Employee), Lichtenburg, NWNovember 13, 2014
Pros: workshops
Cons: limited time
-When clients come with an attitude and you just have to be calm
-To produce work on time
-Building a good relationship with staff and clients
-There are some co-workers who think you can not do without them
-When co-workers don't do their work on time and make me suffer to submit on time
-When clients are happy when giving them my service
Working with difficult people
Housekeeping Suppervisor (Current Employee), Cape TownNovember 11, 2014
Cons: overtime
Difficult to manage people especial those who been working there for long, it difficult to change their mind set
Don't Do IT!
Health (Former Employee), Withdrew Application For The Champion CenterNovember 6, 2014
Pros: new building
Cons: same old tricks
First, I interviewed and was all but hired for a RN position on the “Medical Services Unit” until I withdrew my application! This is a Chemical Dependency unit set up in their old hospital off campus from the newly build hospital, however it has been re- built to look nice.

However, the Management of the Champion Center (BKA – Medical Services Unit) – more... does not work for Lompoc Valley Medical Center (LVMC), but instead is an outsourced company hired to manage the Champion Center. The out sourced company is called “Addiction Medicine Services.” Therefore you are hired as an employee of LVMC, but the people who will be in charge of your work don’t work for LVMC.

Anyway, the specific position posted is for the Chemical Dependency Detox Unit within the Champion Center, which holds 16 beds. There will be 1 RN, 2 LVNs (1 for intake assessments and 1 for med pass), and 1-2 CNAs to staff this unit. If you are familiar with Detox Units than you know the staffing will not be enough because detoxing is very acute and demanding.

Actually, I was initially told that all patients will be medically cleared before being admitted to the unit. However, after additional intelligent questioning the administrator admitted that most patients would be direct admits, which means that they will be medically cleared on the unit. Also when I toured the unit I noticed that the supply room was filled with IV supplies, EKG machines, monitors, and the rooms had acute care hospital type beds. 16 non-medically cleared detoxing patients could be a problem since THERE IS ONLY 1 RN in the building per 12 shifts. Not to mention RNs are responsible for sick call pertaining to the other 34 residential beds off the CD unit!

In addition, I was told that the RN schedule would be 3 consecutive days: either Thursday-Friday-Saturday OR Sunday-Monday-Tuesday. Therefore RNs will always work 1 weekend day per week ongoing. Also, RNs will be mandated to work overtime until they get enough staff, which they don’t have because the horrible scheduling routine.

Finally, the reason why I withdrew my application is because after the background check and you have been cleared, they make you sign a “Medical Waiver.” This Medical Waiver allows them full access to the employee’s medical history “of any and all health care providers pertaining to physical, medical, and mental treatment,” for the entire length of their employment. In other words, it will allow them access to your past, present, and future health care records for any health provider that you have ever visited!

Simply put, it is an unnecessary abuse of privacy, which is guaranteed by law unless you sign the Waiver. In addition to this “Medical Waiver,” as part of the health physical they take an EKG, Chem-panel, CBC, and coronary risk evaluation. Why do you think that is? Because according to the Affordable Care Act, insurance companies (paid by employers) can no longer deny pre-existing health conditions. Therefore, if employers know this information up front than they can just refuse to hire people with less than satisfactory health.

Below is a copy of the medical waiver you must sign in order to be an employee:

“MEDICAL REPORT RELEASE WAIVER I do hereby authorize any and all health care providers, and their employees to furnish to Lompoc Valley Medical Center any and all medical records in their possession, pertaining to my physical, medical or mental condition and/or treatment. This authorization is effective during the pre-employment process, and if an offer of employment is tendered, it will be effective for the entire length of employment. This information will be utilized to determine fitness for employment and/or duty.”

Also, below are the tests you must submit too:

• Request for and examination of records documenting medical history • Chem-panel, comprehensive blood count and coronary risk evaluation • Chest X-rays • Electrocardiogram • Urinalysis • Back/Fitness Evaluation • Tuberculosis Skin Test • Drug and Alcohol Screening

I don’t know of any other employer who demands this “Medical Waiver,” this is shady! – less
Director (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 29, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: being micro managed.
Strenuous ,
on a daily basis learning to be a better leader,
Poor time-management,
Being side-lined because of my values( Honesty and integrity),
Consistent outputs.
tabel tenes
midwife (Current Employee), Lahore, PPBOctober 23, 2014
mother and chiled health care + delevery
health care advice balance dite
about family planing antenatle care postnatle care
Pt management / administration/ problem solving/
HEALTH CARE MANAGER/ PEDIATRICIAN (Current Employee), Karachi, PSDOctober 23, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Pt management / administration/ problem solving
Tough area to work
life threats
illiterate population
less cooperative population
Productive workplace
Senior Provisioning Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Beaufort, ECOctober 16, 2014
Pros: attending workshops
Cons: overtime for clerks not attended to
Everyday comes with a new challenge to be dealt with
To be more focused and to comply at all times
Management needs more training on scm components and how they are expected to functin.
co- workers are supportive and work as a team
Explaining to managers on how scm policies and acts are applied on a daily basis.
Preparing orders with everything checked – more... and approved. – less
Independence of a small company
Systems Officer (Former Employee), JamaicaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Meeting with prospective clients, implementing solutions to meet the clients problems.
With my dedication, my determination and my commitment, I am reliable, well organized, disciplined and comfortable working on my own or as part of a
transport and distribution economics management (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: none on your own
Cons: long hours
a typical day that start with appointment meeting buyer and seller each and everyday,helping them negotiate the best deal on the market of properties and client are not always satisfied trying so hard to come the deal even when it hard to convince them on signing
i have learned that dealing with client you cannot satisfy everyone
the hardest part is – more... when you work so hard on the deal and the deal get cancel along the way or the client pull out it frustrating ,the most enjoyable part it when it get registered and you get your big fat commission of R100 000 and your co-workers will wish they were you. – less
Very helpul and easy
enrolled nursing auxilliary (Current Employee), Polokwane, LPAugust 26, 2014
i am satisfied about everything and im also so excited to be included in this company
Small home health care business that had a few employees
Office Manager (Former Employee), Skokie, ILAugust 16, 2014
Pros: helping the patient, and/or family and friends of the patient.
Cons: not being able to do enough to help
Answered phone
Assigned nurses to certain cases
followed up daily on each case
Reviewed customer satisfaction
Filed paperwork
Controlled the incoming and outgoing documentation process and maintaining files and patient reports.
Spoke directly with the nurses, doctors, and pharmacies.

The hardest part of my job was having to cope with patients that – more... were entering hospice. But on the hand, the most enjoyable part of my job was hearing of the progress other patients were making. – less
Great place to work!
In Person Assistor SeaMar (Former Employee), Aberdeen, WaAugust 6, 2014
I loved working here, but sadly I had to relocate and resign my position.
good people
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no insurance benefits
Not very good management but the people to work with were great and I loved the residents
Great work place
In Person Assistor SeaMar (Former Employee), Aberdeen, WAJuly 19, 2014
Great place to work, benefit options and they promote from within.
productive, responsible
Ms (Former Employee), Bloemfontein, FSApril 4, 2014
Pros: free birthday present
Cons: shortage of stuff
typical day at work involves patient management and consultation, everyday you are faced with challenges of doing your level best for your patient to leave the clinic feeling much better and you knowing you have exhausted all your resources to make sure you treated them correctly.

You learn the everyday that pass working hard and feeling tired at the – more... end of the day you have helped and individual feel better, not only does that make you want to do better but you end up having this courage to want to do more and learn what you dont know, you learn to be resposnsible and take control of not only your life but other individual.

i had the privilege to work with the most qualified people who are ready to give advise and teach you, not only did they guide me but the give me the strength to wake up every morning, a happy environment is a good working enviroment.

for me the hardest part of my job is lossing a patient.

going to working and helping someone and go home and know you did your best, to me thats the part i enjoy about my job, especially when the person comes and you see the happiness in their eyes. – less
A job that you would enjoy
Recreational Therapist (Former Employee), Hobson City, ALApril 1, 2014
Pros: laid back, fun
Cons: grant job...no guarantee security
A typical day is doing group with the clients and taking them out to eat one day of the week. The most enjoyable part was watching clients graduate.
Productive and learning work place that involves with different organisations & clients
current, Contract Interpreter (Current Employee), Sydney NSWMarch 9, 2014
Pros: nothing free
Cons: a few long hours
I do work all days if required, I learned working with different people from different cultural back ground helped me to develop my cultural awareness and understanding including culturally sensitive issues. My co-workers are people who came from different cultural background as I mentioned above. The hardest part of the job is cultural based misunderstanding – more... occasionally among co-workers and shared accommodation during deployment such as Nauru. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting and supporting people in need – less

1 2 3 4