Health Systems Group Employee Reviews

Professional company with ongoing opportunities for advancement and growth.
Corporate Supervisor/Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
I have worked for HSG for 20 years - starting as a group fitness instructor and moving into management. My experience has been rich with opportunity for advancement and professional growth. We are a group of people who care deeply for each other and support each other in striving to live with work/life balance. We treat each other fairly and do our best to allow individual strengths to flourish and shine. We are a performance based company and provide ongoing performance coaching and guidance.
Pros
Professional, opportunity to grow, friendly, fair, support work/life balance.
bad managemant
Member and Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON25 August 2016
the management doesn't care about their employees only about their clients, there are no suitable training and the management does not back up their employees when needed.
Fun and passionate company to grow within
Fitness Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 April 2016
Spending the past 2 years working with HSG has been a very rewarding experience. I am often encouraged to grow my role and am always supported and directed by my supervisors.

When I first started with the company it was for an entirely different position. I was at a cross roads in my life and I truly wasn't sure if this would just be another destination along my career path. After two great years and several role promotions I am happy to say that I feel as if HSG is home and a company that I can continue to grow with in this industry.

The job does come with many challenges and obstacles, but the best take away from each day, week, month is always the fact that I get a blank white canvas and can truly add my own unique taste to the job at hand. I feel very l fortunate to be in this position and surrounded by great people who want to see my succeed and improve each day!
Pros
Professional development and flexible scheduling
Cons
typical aquatics setting
Advanced Leadership Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 November 2015
Great pay for aquatic leadership instruction. Less than adequate pay for life guarding and regular swim instruction. Company needs to increase pay to match other aquatic agencies.
Outstanding company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan14 December 2012
HSG has an outstanding leadership team and vast experience in managing fitness facilities. They provide excellent support, training, and development. They have developed comprehensive systems and procedures to help you succeed. The head office team is always ready and willing to help.

With a vast network across Canada, there are always colleagues available to bounce ideas and brainstorm. This company invests in you.
Pros
strong focus on training and development
Corporate Fitness is great for business
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, On14 November 2012
Originally I was hired for another company but when Health Systems Group won the contract renewal they decided to keep me on as part of the staff for the facility. I was the only part time employee that was kept on staff and I would have continued to work there if I had not moved to Thunder Bay. Getting people at the workplace to come down to the gym and workout either before work, during lunch or after work was very rewarding and many people saw great success while saving themselves time in traffic by not leaving during rush hour or by coming on thier lunch.
Productive and a great atmostphere to learn and grow in
Programmer/Spin Instructor/Group Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2012
Excellent place to work:
people are great
company is great
seeing members work hard and enjoy themselves

4.4