Location: ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton) and Recreation Centre (Stoney Creek, ON)
Commences: May/June 2013
1 Year Contract with Annual Renewal
- University degree or college diploma in physical education/kinesiology/fitness and health
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
- Fitness leader Certification
- Functional Movement Screen Certification (preferred)
Description of Position & Responsibilities:
Working with the Fitness and Lifestyle Team, the Fitness and Wellness Consultant is responsible for the planning and delivery of fitness and lifestyle programs, ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the Fitness Centres on a day-to-day basis, and for scheduling and management of the group exercise program.
1. Exercise Programming
a. Instruct up to 3 classes per week.
b. Perform fitness assessments and consultations.
c. Plan individual exercise programs and conduct program demos.
d. Provide on-floor supervision.
e. Review and monitor member progression through personal contact on the fitness centre floors, review or program cards through established follow up procedures.
2. Manage Group Exercise Schedule
a. Develop group exercise schedule that meets the needs of the facility users.
b. Provide leadership and support to the Volunteer Fitness leaders.
c. Oversee the specialty class schedule, including hiring and supervision of contract fitness instructors.
d. Regularly evaluate effectiveness of group exercise program.
3. Lifestyle Program Implementation
a. Working with the Lifestyle Resource Group, plan, implement and evaluate lifestyle programs that focus on key health risks;
b. Assist in planning and implementation of health fairs, and health awareness programs.
c. Provide presentations on fitness and lifestyle topics to Health & Safety meetings.
Required Transferable Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent customer focused skills
- Team player
- Energetic and passionate about fitness and health
- Time management skills
- Solid communication skills and professionalism