Health Systems Group (HSG), a national provider of professional consulting and management services in Fitness and Aquatics, has an opening for Lifeguards and Swim Instructors at a new state of the art facility located in Vaughan. The fitness and aquatics facility, managed by HSG, features 3 salt water pools, a 10,000 sq. ft. fitness centre, 2 gymnasiums and a group exercise studio. The centre has been open since June 2012 and currently serves 4800+ members.
The Lifeguard/Instructor will be responsible for ensuring the safety of participants within the aquatic facility during recreational swim, rentals, and preschool classes. They will conduct swimming lessons in a safe enjoyable environment demonstrating good class control and safety supervision. As well as performing maintenance duties as assigned.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available - please specify your interest.
Apply ONLY if the following apply to you:
- You are driven to succeed at everything you do
- You want to work in a fun and youthful environment
- You love working with children and enjoy talking to new people
- You have a positive attitude and can work with minimal direction
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- To work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends
- Respond quickly and perform appropriate rescue and first-aid as needed
- Routine tests water chemistry and record results of tests
- Routine maintenance of pool
- Prepare lesson plans and individualize them to meet candidate’s needs
- Update and maintain accurate record of candidates performance on worksheets
- Maintain open lines of communication with deck supervisors and parents
- Must hold current a National Lifeguard Service (NLS) certification, Standard First-aid with CPR-C
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or Life Saving Society Instructor (transfer to Red Cross is required – support in this process provided)
- Conducts him or herself in a positive, enthusiastic and professional manner at all times
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to a variety of conditions in both a guarding and an instructional setting
Great potential for career growth with an expanding, national company.
- Location: Vaughan
- Compensation: competitive salary, use of facility before and after shift
- We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Full Time and Part Time positions available
What We Offer
Health Systems Group offers positive experiences and growth opportunities to our staff. We take pride in the quality of our client services and that is why every HSG employee receives ongoing training and supervisory support to give them every opportunity to excel. We are interested in building long-term relationships not only with our clients but with our employees as well. We provide:
- A benefit program that includes group life insurance and health benefits for full-time staff.
- An individualized orientation process for new staff that includes a personal Learning Plan.
- In-service training in leadership, customer service, interpersonal skills, team-building and research-based topics of a technical nature.
- Funding for full-time staff to pursue professional growth.
- Career advancement facilitated through: mentorship, task force work, workshops and conferences, and a corporate priority to recruit from within HSG for new job openings.
About Health Systems Group
Founded in 1978, Health Systems Group is a dynamic and growing company with a proven track record of over 30 years in the fitness and wellness field. With over 250 employees and associates working with clients and projects across Canada, HSG is the largest and most successful company of its kind in Canada. As a national organization, Health Systems Group is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with regional offices in Calgary and Halifax.
HSG provides professional fitness management and consulting services to many different groups and facilities:
- Commercial Clubs
- Community Fitness, Aquatics & Recreation Centres
- Non-Profit Sport, Fitness and Recreation Associations
- Community Colleges
- Municipal Recreation Centres
- Developers for their Tenant Amenities, Corporate Fitness
- Corporate Wellness Programs