We are a group of Registered Nurses and Emergency Medical Technologist – Paramedics working at industrial sites in Edmonton and surrounding areas and also in Fort McMurray area. If you are interested to join our team, please mail your resume, copy of CARNA / ACP practice permit, a copy of CSTS certificate to:
Health Sense Inc.
#1401 10301-104 Street
Or reply via e-mail with your resume, CARNA practice permit and CSTS
Registered Nurse / Occupational Health Nurse’s role within the organization includes, but is not limited to:
- Administration of health services at the work site. Maintenance of impartiality in dealings with management, unions and subcontractors with decisions to be made strictly on health objective basis.
- Assessment, treatment and referral of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses within nursing scope of practice based on medical directives and nursing guidelines. Prompt follow up including arrangement for transportation to medical facility as required.
- Prompt response to emergency calls on site as part of Emergency Response Team.
- Provision of health teaching and health promotion and injury prevention strategies as required.
- WCB cases and disability management. Keeping copies of WCB documentation for each case (including subcontractors) to assure reporting compliance.
- Confidential safekeeping of health records.
- Communication with management regarding injury notification and follow up as requested. Hazard reporting.
- Compilation of injury statistics and reports on the work site as required.
- Submission of proposed updates to health services manual.
- Inventory of health centre supplies.
- Collaboration with site HSE team regarding health promotion, regulatory compliance and injury prevention.