The purpose of this position is to provide leadership within a team-based framework to the front line public health nurses of Queens County. This position will provide on-going assessment of public health nursing programs, conduct/arrange in-services as appropriate, monitor performance and productivity, and will promote the clinical competency of all staff. This position will be the main contact for the team in clinical matters and will promote the highest quality of service achievable. This position will provide expertise and support for such programs as prenatal classes, preschool developmental screening, case management of communicable diseases (e.g., enteric outbreaks, vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks), interpretation of non-routine immunization schedules, child protection issues, and other complicated issues which arise within the various areas of public health services. The Public Health Nurse Clinical Leader will report to the Public Health Nursing Manager, Central.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or graduation from a recognized school of nursing, supplemented by a recognized diploma course in Public Health Nursing. Masters of Nursing would be considered an asset.
- Eligible for registration with the Association of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island.
- Extensive experience in front line Public Health Nursing.
- Extensive knowledge of Public Health Nursing and its programs, strong knowledge of best practice guidelines and current health promotion theories and relevant practices.
- Demonstrated abilities in supervision/guidance/leadership. Strong organizational skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Proficiency and experience in working in a computerized environment.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- A good previous work and attendance record.
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
For more details or to apply on-line go to: www.healthjobspei.ca See job posting # 117586