Health Canada

Health Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work at Health Canada
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Ottawa DowntownJune 19, 2014
Pros: management excellent
Cons: salary
Basicly I would come in the morning we would do a daily meeting then after that , I would verrify in Hp opendesk if they are any High level ticket ...then I would print my ticket for the morning go and do my call's...come back for lunch check whit the team lead if they are any priority...

After lunch We would go back to are ticket login system and – more... verrify
if they are any vip call's ...they go do are call's...they it would be the end of the day...

ben – less
Excellent experience
Administrative Assistant (AS-1) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 30, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Scheduled appointments/meetings for the Assistant Deputy Minister.

Knowledge of applicable layout and formatting standards, grammar, spelling and punctuation, editing and proofreading techniques.

Knowledge of government travel and hospitality directives (TBS Directives and Policies) and procedures relating to domestic and international travel arrangements – more... and claims. – less
Government job
Head Secretary Cancer Division (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: job security, people never got fired
Cons: robotic environment, no customer relations
Start at 8 and finish at 4pm. Typing and proofreading documents all day.
Writer for the Biotechnology Office
Strategic Policy Writer (Former Employee), Tunney's Pasture OttawaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: location (tunney's pasture)
Cons: managemente
Wrote the Genomics R&D Initiative's Annual Performance Report which ensured permanent funding for that Initiative.
Ensuring the health and safety of Canadians
FINANCIAL SERVICES CLERK/SENIOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 5, 2013
Work with internal and external clients on a daily basis. Gain experience in various finance and administrative areas.
Lots of greenspace, walking areas
Records Classification Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: hour lunch periods, independent work, no supervision
Cons: was not permanent, was with a placement agency
work in the office, walked outside during lunch time, great co-workers, most enjoyable part of the job was helping people in the department with their files and their show of appreciation afterwards, this was the best job I ever had, salary was great
It was an ok experience
Benefit Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: nothing special
Cons: no complaints
Pre verifying invoices subitted by first nations.
Work hours from 9 to 5.
Co workers were pleasant.
Hardest part of the job was not enough training.
An ideal place to work with.
Junior Program Support data entry and filing. (Current Employee), Regina, SKJuly 31, 2013
Pros: a lot of food most of the time at the pantry, for treats!
Cons: sometimes the area is so quiet. it makes me feel drowsy.
I love my job but I feel creep because my appointment will end by September 20, 2013. I don't even take a 15 minite break most of the time because I'm always excited to finish my work for the day. I have learned so much about sorting out priorities in your work place. The management is awesome, a super friendly co-workers. And so far, I don't experience – more... any hardest part of the job except conflict of schedule. Because I have a 7 year old boy and since its summer I have conflict sometimes with my schedule to babysit or look after my son.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with data entry system. I encountered different cases with different sounds funny names. It gives you ideas how people work for their own safe and how they need to take care of their health. – less
Not very productive as there was not much work.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 13, 2013
Performed timely and accurate entry of invoices
Received and compiled accounts payable documentation including invoices, purchase
orders and packing slips
Processed invoices in an electronic environment (Procure to Pay system – P2P) in SAP
Ensured supporting documentation were attached to the invoice
Audited and processed financial transactions
Identified – more... missing or incomplete information or errors and corrected or returned to
the origin
Calculated the taxes according to the province
Made sure that there was enough money in the PO to cover the amount of money on
invoice
Verified that the financial coding, including the GL Account, Cost Center and PO were
correct
Verified the accuracy of quantities received and pricing on commercial invoices
Verified expense reports with receipts and entered them in SAP
Verified that Section 33 was signed and dated by the pre-auditor
Verified CCA, CCM who signed section 34 have the signing authority – less
Career advancement. Training. Relocation across Canada
Regional Maintenance Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaJune 24, 2013
Pros: career advancement, training, benefits
Cons: cannot think of any
Health Canada is a great career place. Every opportunity is available for advancement, including all training. Movement across Canada is possible. The benefits are among the best in Canada.
Each term was a wonderful learning experience
CR 4 (Former Employee), Laurier Street WestMay 7, 2013
Pros: good happy group of skilled people i worked with.
Cons: not too much overtime but sometimes they hired students who i found did not take the job seriously, thus causing more work
With each listed contract or term I was lucky enough to work with good people, in a fast paced environment and also learned many new skills. There were deadlines in each position but I met them professionally and on time. I most enjoyed learning new procedures and working with others.
Salary is good with lots of overtime. Learned much about First Nations. Poor support from management.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Sioux Lookout, ONMay 2, 2013
Pros: develope a wide variety of skills.
Cons: isolation and being seperated from family for long periods of time.
Job satisfaction, educational opportunities, able to use many skills like suturing wounds, assessments and diagnosis and prescribe, pap smears and internal exams, blood draws, ECGs.
dreadful department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 23, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: stressful environment
The organization and management needs a lot of help. Lack of consistency from one manager to the next.
compliance and inspection in a consumer oriented atmosphere
Food Microbiology Analyst (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 11, 2013
Pros: fast pace and applied results
We tested food samples for the compliance to national standards for the presence of microbial contamination. Management was involved in the day to day operation. Co-workers worked on a rotating basis through stations. I enjoyed protecting the health of Canadians.
Relaxed working atmosphere
Chemist/Analyst (Contract), Drug Analysis Services (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 2, 2013
Diverse group of individuals that work together. Substantial training was provided.
Interesting and involved.
Tobacco Test Shopper and Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Long hours, much driving, much note-taking. I had to read many addresses and maps as well.
Regulatory Compliance
Officer GMP Compliance and Validation (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Assessing organizations for GMP compliance. Work included assessment and approval of regulatory submissions
Great workplace, always worrying about job security
Contaminated Sites Officer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 16, 2013
The work can be difficult but is rewarding. Co-workers are great. Job security is poor. A lot of time is spent ensuring job security for the next 6 months or year.
socializing
Office Clerk Data Input Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 4, 2012
Friendly people - helpful

I learned that people out there are very caring and helpful.

Good management - motivated - professionalism

Co-workers work together and get work in time. Make you feel like a family.

The hardest part of the job I do not like to leave my job incomplete.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team and help each – more... other to get work done. If anyone is seek then they take some time to finish our job. – less
I actually loved my job
Veterinary Affairs Policy Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: i was doing tele working
Cons: i missed to see my people everyday.
I really love my job.

People were nice and work was great. We were doing a lot of request on veterinary products, and also all kind of products that would be used in food-producing animals ( internet ect).

There was a lot of challenges and a lot of interesting subjects. Never a slow day, but it was fun.

My co-workers were good and knowlegeable

Overall – more... it was a good job. – less