Rehabilitation Assistant (Penticton, BC)
A well renowned Occupational Therapy Company is now recruiting a full-time/part-time “Rehabilitation Assistant” to join the team at Oakanagan Valley in British Columbia to work in Retirement Homes and Community.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Rehabilitation Assistant carries out rehabilitative treatment plans and recreation/activity programs, and assists in monitoring and evaluating the clients’/patients’ progression. Experience in working with ABI clients preferred
Further the Rehabilitation Assistant would be required to perform the following :
1. Designated components of a rehabilitative treatment plans to be carried out as directed by the Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists .
2. Contribution towards the overall evaluation of the client/patient. . To Provide inputs into the planning, implementation, modification and evaluation of the rehabilitative treatment plan and/or program.
3. To carry out Recreation/Activity Programs as directed by the Recreation Therapist.
4. To Carries out and participates in established client/patient recreation/activity programs such as arts and crafts, sports, music, exercises, large group social interactions, small group skill development, and 1:1 interventions.
4. Teaches the techniques of such activities to the clients/patients as required.
5. Assists the clients/patients to optimize participation, oversees the clients’/patients’ activities and reports problems, changes and/or issues arising from the established plan.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
2. Ability to deal with other effectively.
3. Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
4. Ability to organize the work
5. Ability to operate related equipment
Completion of a Rehabilitation Assistant Program / Qualified to work as a Rehabilitation Assisstant.