Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist (Okanagan Valley, BC)
A well renowned Occupational Therapy Company are now recruiting a Occupational Therapist/ Physiotherapist to join the team at Okanagan Valley in British Columbia to work in Retirement Homes and Community.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Therapist would be required to perform the following :
- The Therapist performs assessments on client's occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach,
- Plans and implements outcome oriented services, evaluates the effectiveness of the services,
- Prepares and maintains records, and
- Demonstrates safe and effective resource utilization and quality management.
- Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC), as well as, the vision and values of the organization.
- Complies with all the regulations under the Community Care Facilities Act, Adult Care Regulations.
- Understands and adheres to Retirement Concepts standards, practices and philosophies.
- Assist residents and clients improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily living through advising on specialist equipment or home modifications to assist with daily activities such as washing, cooking, preparing and eating meals.
- Participates in the assessment of each resident's functional abilities and in cooperation with other members of the multidisciplinary team, plans, implements, and evaluates the resident's care plan.
- Review treatment periodically, evaluate progress and modify the treatment as appropriate.
- Acts as a resource person to nursing staff regarding occupational therapy needs for residents and clients.
- Maintains resident records and occupational therapy data in keeping with the facility standards.
- Assists in development, maintenance and evaluation of Quality Assurance Programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Baccalaureate degree in Occupational Therapy/ Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation Sciences from a recognized program.
- Current and ongoing registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC)/ College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia(CPTBC). We also offer assistance to the Ontario License holder to get the License in British Columbia.
- Broad knowledge of Occupational Therapy/ Physical Therapy theory and practice within a client and family centered model of care.
COMPENSATION: Excellent (as per experience)
HOURS: Fixed combined with flexible
Indeed - 17 months ago