Healogics

Healogics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Transitional Business
Multi-Site, Program Director (Current Employee), Roanoke, VA and Carlisle, PAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Working with well educated, selfless individuals
Cons: Lack of autonomy
Understanding healthcare as it is delivered today compared to eight years ago has been interesting. From coding and billing to patient care. As transitions have rolled out over the years the drive for my company has gone from patient care to the bottom line. Offering excellent patient care will support a solid bottom line.

The employees that I work with day in and day are caring and compassionate human beings. We all love to see our patients heal and enjoy their lives.

My position does require me to switch gears on a dime from marketing our program, to sitting in a meeting or filling in for a staff member. Knowing the different aspects of my employees positions is critical. The team approach is very important but as equally important is our autonomy.

We need to be able to set ourselves apart from other providers in our competitive market and the passion and energy that I bring to my current position is being under utilized and stifled.
Great doctors on staff are the saving grace of WOUND care Center at GCMC in Scranton,Pa.
HBO and Nursing (Former Employee), Scranton,PaJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Micromanagers are what that place runs on, AVP. who chooses favorites, and a program director who hired her best friend as the office coordinator!! Bad all the way around!
Worked there in nursing/hyperbarics and it became miserable. Program Director is a bully and no one can speak up out of fear of retaliation. The AVP was made aware of this and did nothing as she is also very much a bully and judge mental.Administration has unrealistic goals and nurses work like slaves.I loved the patients and physicians but the hospital nurses who were not Healogics emoyess were brutal.They targeted someone different every week and if you dared to take a day off you came back the next day to cold shoulders.program director makes everyone miserable and continues to get away with it.Very loud mouthed and a know it all. Hostile management create hostile staff.Do not recommend this center!!
Out Patient Setting
Hyperbaric Technician/Safety Director (Current Employee), Albany NYJuly 15, 2015
As soon as I get into work and my feet hit our floor I am off and working. I do not waste any minutes while at work. Constant on the go and willing to do any thing that my clinical manager wants me to do.
high energy needed
Safety Director (Current Employee), San AntonioJuly 7, 2015
Pros: sometimes free lunches
Cons: long hours
Management is demanding. Sometimes unreasonable. Coworkers are great! Work as a team. It's nice to not work on the weekends, but don't expect to have your evenings free all the time.
Good Place to Learn and grow
Program Director (Former Employee), Mansfield, TexasJune 3, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Great Experience, Highly Competitive
Cons: Bad Management, Poor Training
It was a good place to get my feet wet this company has a lot of turnover due to the working conditions and the amount in which you are trained.
Loved my job... Hated the management
RN (Former Employee), IllinoisJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Bad management
The job I loved but the management was not professional to work with at all. Always talking behind the nurses and the providers back, even during interviews. Management likes to pick on certain people but does not look at the real problems. The CEO needs to investigate some of these problems a little closer and get to the real problem. Complaints were made during exit interviews and nothing was done about the problem . Was more worried about piling as many patients as they could and given only 15 min between patient times..felt like I was hurdling cattle out. Terrible work ethics and bad attitudes all the time. Many people have quit because of the management. Would rather write people up that worked hard instead of writing people up that complain and play on phones all day and can't get their jobs done.
Growing company with large market share but in need of organization and focus in upper management
Program Director (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great pay, benefits, and rewarding job
Cons: Terrible mismanagement resulting in very high turnover
This company is doing some amazing things to help heal wounds! As a Program Director you have your hands in everything and are basically like a owner of a franchise if you will. I learned a substantial amount about wound care, EMR, and coding. My peers and co-workers were great and I enjoyed our quarterly meetings were we all got together and shared what was working and what was not.

The biggest drawback of this company is its mismanagement. It is growing exponentially and has no real competitor in the market place. This has allowed for severe disorganization in upper management and a lack of support for the Directors, nurses and physicians. The average tenure for a Program Director is nine months! The company continually says it will address turnover however the only thing they do is increase pay and offer amazing benefits in hoping people will stay. This results in individuals being in the job for the wrong reason and it has developed a dangerous situation where the retention of quality people is becoming limited.
Don't apply here. Worst company ever!!
Secretary/Admin Assistant (Current Employee), CaliforniaApril 27, 2015
Cons: No breaks and good luck if you get a lunch
Unprofessional management that talk behind each other's back. Favoritism in this company....if your looking long term with growth this place is not the place to apply for.
Very high turn over rate
Program Director (Former Employee), North CarolinaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: the whole job
Without even having to go into detail, look at the high turn over rate this company has. That should automatically tell you something.
The company provides training, which is good and well structured but ineffective as once you return to your designated center, everything you just learned goes out the window. Doesn't even matter, upper management has their own agenda on how the center is to be run.
Only if Corporate management knew of the mutiny that actually occurs by direct management under them.
It is clearly perceive ed first concerns is generating statistics and numbers on paper but when questioned and called out on it the story changes to " patient care comes first". (it should be patient care to begin with and always) additional work assignments are continually added weekly but refusing to add additional staffing and if you cannot keep up or fall behind, you are reprimanded. Communication is poor as everyone wants some type of report in addition to actual needed reports.
There is a lack of support or direction of upper management. There is no regard at all for their employees. They paint a pretty, inviting picture and though the salary is good, it is not worth the aggravation.
Unrealistic goals/job overview
Clinical Coordinator (current) (Current Employee), USAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: doctors, nurses and front office support one another to help make office run smoothly.
Cons: management and the organization itself.
Healogics management is only worried about statistics and accumulating more patients than their office can handle, yet refuses to accommodate staff or hire the correct amount of employees to run a successful clinic. The result of that is long patient waiting times and an overworked/unorganized office. Lack of training from inexperienced Managers that see the issues but do not help therefore office sinks. Rather fight for more hours and/or staff to their higher-ups, they do nothing and cover their own behinds and put blame on staff. The amount of work distributed is too much but these people don't care. How these Managers treat the staff and manage thier office reflects the company. Patient care and supporting staff is the least of their worries. I will be putting my 2 weeks in.
Great work environment
IS Support Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: too many systems; merge some
customer support intensive
learning capabilities are endless
better vision for obtaining goals will be more realistic
single sign on (SSO) will be worth its weight in gold with a company of this size and growing
Growth expectations YOY are unrealistic.
Director (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: the job offers great experience.
Cons: you are on your own...sink or swim.
Managing clinical staff and physicians can be difficult if you have no prior experience doing so, but here you are on your own to figure it out as MGMT is absent or worthless.

This job offers insight to working in Hospital Administration and great experience.

Depending on your location and payer mix, some facilities have a larger upside than others. This will impact your bonus potential.

Promotion is difficult as each AVP has 10-12 directors beneath them (Currently around 600 centers Nationally) and Corporate prefers to hire Clueless AVPs. If you're an 50+, kiss butt, female, & micromanage people then you have potential to be promoted. If you fail to drink corporate cool-aid and are male then you have NO shot.
Great company interesting role
Program Director (Current Employee), PADecember 16, 2014
as a program director you're required to play two roles. One is answering to healogics, the other is answering to your partner hospital administration. This is often a struggle and you sometimes feel like your hospital is unique but your role is addressed the same as every other PD's.
Southwood Care Center
LVN (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great residents
Cons: long hours
Very stressful place to work; management expected to take care of many jobs in an 8hr day, almost impossible!
High staff turn-over, probably due to low pay and high volume of patient care per person.
Some staff have been around for awhile, were very helpful but most were newly hired.
Interesting Career
Safety Director and Hyperbaric Tech (Current Employee), La Grange ilAugust 11, 2014
Hyperbaric therapy is an interesting career. A typical day involves helping sick patients, interacting with other health care professionals, and updating co workers on safety issues around the center. It can be a physically demanding job. It can also be emotionally draining because of the tight bond you develop with the patients over the course of their treatments.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: no weekends, no night shift and holidays off!
Cons: limitted opportunity to advance to a nurse practitioner role
The staff is easy to get along with. Had I not recently completed the nurse practitioner program, I would have looked into advancing my career in this company.
Patient Intake
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 21, 2014
This place was a horrible place to work. If it wasn't for some of the staff it would have be unbearable.
Experts in our own field.
Tissue Viability Nurse, RGN (Current Employee), Eastbourne, ENGJuly 17, 2014
Pros: ability to work in a small team of experts
It's a 9 to 5, Mon to Fri specialist nursing role, so social part of life is left intact which, in nursing, is quite uncommon. There's plenty to learn and a friendly atmosphere.
Changing goals cause excessive stress,fear for job security
Program Director (Current Employee), TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: the occasional bonus.
Cons: lack of training, changing goals, procedure/revenue driven, lack of representation, fear of reprisal, lack of fair wages, the ridiculous amount of work and duties expected of the program director and clinical coordinator.
The most stressful, money driven company in health care I have ever had the displeasure in which to work.
Fast paced, high stress environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 26, 2014
Long work hours, lots of over time. Learned a lot about wound care, absolutely no way to further your education while working here, the hours are too crazy.

1 2 3

About Healogics

What We Do Over 2 Million Wounds Treated Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., Healogics is the nation's largest provider of – Read more