Healogics Employee Reviews

worst place to work
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville14 January 2017
Worst company to work for, poor training. To many clicks! Would not recommend the company to anyone. I would be concerned about there billing to customers over billing. Always adjusting the following month no real tracking.
Pros
salary
Cons
poor training, to many clicks, no support
I Loved It
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TX22 October 2016
A good company to work for. The training in Jacksonville, Florida was a lot of fun. They are able to give you a lot of knowledge within the short week. You leave training knowing exactly how to do your job.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Under Staffed
Working for Healogics is Like a Box of Chocolates
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Former Employee) –  In a major city25 October 2016
Depending on what the management situation is in your clinic and how much they like you, your situation could be fantastic with great advancement opportunities, or you could be constantly treated badly. Management changes and sometimes you'll go from one to the other very quickly and it's jarring seeing all of your friends quit because they can't cope with months of being blamed for things that are part of the managers role when "the numbers" get light.

That said, wound care is fun, the patients are great and you'll likely work with great people at the clinic level. Most of the clinics I've seen are attractive and contain good equipment. The PTO is generous, insurance is cheap, though if your spouse is offered insurance as a part of their job they can't get on yours, even if it would save your family a lot of money.

My advice is: if you get a strange vibe from the manager during interviews and there has recently been a lot of vacancies where you're being hired, run for the hills. I've watched our staff turn over three times in a relatively short period of time.
Pros
Attracts quality clinicians, great facilities
Cons
Management is outright cruel sometimes and chases off it's best talent
Hypocritical Company
Hyperbaric Technician (Former Employee) –  PA22 March 2017
Worst company to work for, poor training.Terrible management. They make promises and never fulfill them. They will lie to your face. Don't work here. Terrible pay, toxic atmosphere, and no one knows what they are doing.Worst place I worked in in years.Accusations are acted upon without confirmation.
Pros
the patients
Cons
Healogics as a company.
a nightmare to say the least.
clinical manager (Former Employee) –  FL22 November 2016
I was forced to come in early and leave late, Many days I did not have a break all day. My director made threats against me and would make false allegations if I did ot do as she said. I had an accident on the job and to date they have not paid the deductible on my loss. My director got drunk & made physical advances during a corporate meeting. I reported it to HR and it was unfounded.
I was forced to resign.
Great work environment, good balance of staff, excellent management
nurse (Current Employee) –  Florida27 November 2015
A typical day befings at 8 and can be a long day. Sometimes we work through lunch, bout we are compensated and we have the choice. There are days that we may not finish till 6, but those are rare. My center is very well run, and management is excellent. We all know what is expected of us and we do our job. Never had any problems.
I truly love my job.
Pros
Good benefits, never work weekends or nights! Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Lack of ongoing training through the company
Healogics hypocrisy
LPN/hyperbaric tech (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA30 September 2016
Was hired, divulged I was a medical marijuana patient with proper state documentation. They refused to hire me based on the treatment recommended by my MD. Then I saw the criminal indictments, whistleblower testimony and speculation on the effectiveness of the treatment as well as questioning the ethics of the company. Applicant beware.
Pros
None I know of
Cons
questionable practices from billing to performing unapproved treatments
HBO tech/LPN (Former Employee) –  Illinois12 March 2017
I absolutely loved working here. It crushed me to leave but I had to because of person issues. I learned so much from the other team members and doctors. I was so nervous because it was a small clinic but they were so welcoming.
CERTIFIED HYPERBARIC WOUND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Michigan17 January 2017
Challenging place to work as there are many challenging personalities. I enjoy being part of a team and taking care of patients daily, They make the job worth it.
Bizarro World
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA11 May 2016
This company has got to be the worst---and I've worked in some excellent and some not so excellent companies. The almighty dollar is the bottom line, and whatever challenges you have in getting to profitability are your challenges alone. Upper management only wants to hear how well your center is doing, and if it's not so well, even if the reason is beyond your control, you will be threatened, not assisted. Management is delusional and refuses to address turnover, contract termination, etc...Their rationale is that these employees and hospital partners aren't used to working with such a marvelous company, so they get confused and flee. I kid you not. Very nasty and competitive atmosphere among the underlings due to management's constant threats and badgering. Lots of time wasted on non-productive "conversations", quarterly meetings, reports. To those who are suffering--there is a wonderful world beyond Healogics out there.
Pros
Caring nurses and physicians, wonderful patients
Cons
You will enter another realm of existence and leave the business world as we know it
Terrible management
IS Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL23 September 2016
Pros
Cons
Have to finish your work at home and get no ot.
Great people to work with
Wound Care M-IV-LPN (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OH3 January 2017
Care for wound patients under the orders of a Physician. Healogics is a good company and tries to do right by the employees as much as possible.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
UH Hospitals
Healogics
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL30 November 2016
This is a wonderful organization to work for, leaders will take the time to develop employees and are always available for help if needed.
Horrible Managemwnt Company
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Florida19 May 2016
I have never come across a company that literally tries to get people to quit in my life. This company comes in appears to be a benign entity saying they are going to help make the place better. As well as help people acieve their goals for promotion. After a couple of months people are gettong written up for stupid reasons. The program directorso are cold, callus and malicious. My suggestion is if you want to workin woundcare try to find other companies .
Pros
Cons
More than can count
Think about it very carefully.....
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Texas25 November 2013
Good company with potential, BUT....oversell and over-promise results to the hospital in time frame given, extensive list of responsibilities (doable but you need 12 hour days to complete). Too many meetings when you consider you have "two" bosses to contend with and being pulled from all directions. While training is provided, the training schedule did not materialize as was indicated at beginning of employment. There are good folks at Healogics...some, not so much. More to list but why bother....time to move on. Will utilize what I learned and use it in my next endeavor to my benefit. Hope this helps out someone.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
12 hour days, troubled implementations, too many chiefs, very political and high director turnover
Great Work with Great People, A Valuable Service to Patients
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SC11 September 2013
A typical day at work would involve meeting with physician practices in order to educate them on our services while soliciting referrals, or updating these physician practices on the progress of their referred patients. The program director also must reconcile the charges for the day with the patient load, and audit the charts to insure the partner hospital is receiving correct compensation. Educate the nursing staff of any changes in policy, and act as a liason between Healogics and the hospital staff. The program director must also maintain a good relationship with the panel of physicians charged to care for the clinic patients. There are many hats, and many responsibilities, but it is very rewarding work.
Pros
Meet with many people ranging from physicians, to nurses, to sales reps.
Cons
Keeping up with the many different insurance requirments.
Continue looking elsewhere....,
Director (Former Employee) –  Texas17 January 2014
Great experience and knowledge for your career and use elsewhere. Starting pay seems great at first until you realize the work involved and realize is a 6 figure job! Could have better support. Select management personnel are great, but most are not as too micromanaged. Move on and keeping looking somewhere else.
Pros
Good benefits and good local staff.
Cons
Too many chiefs, micromanaged, too many reports and meetings, over promising to hospital, terrible hospital support, way too many IT issues......got the picture??
Healogics, Inc. - Leader in Woundcare Management
Director (Current Employee) –  Southeast10 January 2013
Healogics includes a myriad of talented woundcare professionals, with a true passion for wound care. The dedication of the clinical staff is top notch and centers have great support from the corporate office. As with any large company experiencing growing pains, there's alway room for improvement... but the company is focused on going to the next level and continuing the legacy of being an employer of choice. Look for great things to come in the future with Healogics, Inc.!
Pros
compensation, benefits, reward & recognition programs
Cons
growing pains
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NY21 July 2016
The job had many challenges throughout the day. The patients are wonderful which makes the day go by faster. They bring goodies for us during holiday seasons to show their appreciation.
Pros
Free lunches from reps from different companies
Cons
Short breaks, Short staffed a lot
Growing company with large market share but in need of organization and focus in upper management
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA28 April 2015
This company is doing some amazing things to help heal wounds! As a Program Director you have your hands in everything and are basically like a owner of a franchise if you will. I learned a substantial amount about wound care, EMR, and coding. My peers and co-workers were great and I enjoyed our quarterly meetings were we all got together and shared what was working and what was not.

The biggest drawback of this company is its mismanagement. It is growing exponentially and has no real competitor in the market place. This has allowed for severe disorganization in upper management and a lack of support for the Directors, nurses and physicians. The average tenure for a Program Director is nine months! The company continually says it will address turnover however the only thing they do is increase pay and offer amazing benefits in hoping people will stay. This results in individuals being in the job for the wrong reason and it has developed a dangerous situation where the retention of quality people is becoming limited.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and rewarding job
Cons
Terrible mismanagement resulting in very high turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healogics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9