Healogics Employee Reviews

CERTIFIED HYPERBARIC WOUND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Michigan17 January 2017
Challenging place to work as there are many challenging personalities. I enjoy being part of a team and taking care of patients daily, They make the job worth it.
worst place to work
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville14 January 2017
Worst company to work for, poor training. To many clicks! Would not recommend the company to anyone. I would be concerned about there billing to customers over billing. Always adjusting the following month no real tracking.
Pros
salary
Cons
poor training, to many clicks, no support
Great people to work with
Wound Care M-IV-LPN (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OH3 January 2017
Care for wound patients under the orders of a Physician. Healogics is a good company and tries to do right by the employees as much as possible.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
UH Hospitals
Healogics
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL30 November 2016
This is a wonderful organization to work for, leaders will take the time to develop employees and are always available for help if needed.
a nightmare to say the least.
clinical manager (Former Employee) –  FL22 November 2016
I was forced to come in early and leave late, Many days I did not have a break all day. My director made threats against me and would make false allegations if I did ot do as she said. I had an accident on the job and to date they have not paid the deductible on my loss. My director got drunk & made physical advances during a corporate meeting. I reported it to HR and it was unfounded.
I was forced to resign.
Working for Healogics is Like a Box of Chocolates
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Former Employee) –  In a major city25 October 2016
Depending on what the management situation is in your clinic and how much they like you, your situation could be fantastic with great advancement opportunities, or you could be constantly treated badly. Management changes and sometimes you'll go from one to the other very quickly and it's jarring seeing all of your friends quit because they can't cope with months of being blamed for things that are part of the managers role when "the numbers" get light.

That said, wound care is fun, the patients are great and you'll likely work with great people at the clinic level. Most of the clinics I've seen are attractive and contain good equipment. The PTO is generous, insurance is cheap, though if your spouse is offered insurance as a part of their job they can't get on yours, even if it would save your family a lot of money.

My advice is: if you get a strange vibe from the manager during interviews and there has recently been a lot of vacancies where you're being hired, run for the hills. I've watched our staff turn over three times in a relatively short period of time.
Pros
Attracts quality clinicians, great facilities
Cons
Management is outright cruel sometimes and chases off it's best talent
I Loved It
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TX22 October 2016
A good company to work for. The training in Jacksonville, Florida was a lot of fun. They are able to give you a lot of knowledge within the short week. You leave training knowing exactly how to do your job.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Under Staffed
Healogics hypocrisy
LPN/hyperbaric tech (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA30 September 2016
Was hired, divulged I was a medical marijuana patient with proper state documentation. They refused to hire me based on the treatment recommended by my MD. Then I saw the criminal indictments, whistleblower testimony and speculation on the effectiveness of the treatment as well as questioning the ethics of the company. Applicant beware.
Pros
None I know of
Cons
questionable practices from billing to performing unapproved treatments
Terrible management
IS Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL23 September 2016
Terrible management. They make promises and never fulfill them. They will lie to your face. Don't work here. Terrible pay, toxic atmosphere, and no one knows what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
Have to finish your work at home and get no ot.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NY21 July 2016
The job had many challenges throughout the day. The patients are wonderful which makes the day go by faster. They bring goodies for us during holiday seasons to show their appreciation.
Pros
Free lunches from reps from different companies
Cons
Short breaks, Short staffed a lot
if you not connected you not gonna be long there
BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL18 July 2016
Worst place I worked in, friends bring friends, people form circle of friends, lots of biased people worked there, typical Jacksonville, sick menthality
Fast Growing Wound Care Management Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florida5 July 2016
Healogics has grown quickly within the past 10 years, merging twice with it's largest competitors.

I work with an excellent team of analysts helping to review customers' contribution margins.
Horrible Managemwnt Company
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Florida19 May 2016
I have never come across a company that literally tries to get people to quit in my life. This company comes in appears to be a benign entity saying they are going to help make the place better. As well as help people acieve their goals for promotion. After a couple of months people are gettong written up for stupid reasons. The program directorso are cold, callus and malicious. My suggestion is if you want to workin woundcare try to find other companies .
Pros
Cons
More than can count
Great team, HORRIBLE management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL12 May 2016
Great team HORRIBLE management, set up for failure, find yourself doing management duties, teamwork discouraged, don't smile or try to interact with your coworkers it's frowned upon, spoken down to, treated like a child
Bizarro World
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA11 May 2016
This company has got to be the worst---and I've worked in some excellent and some not so excellent companies. The almighty dollar is the bottom line, and whatever challenges you have in getting to profitability are your challenges alone. Upper management only wants to hear how well your center is doing, and if it's not so well, even if the reason is beyond your control, you will be threatened, not assisted. Management is delusional and refuses to address turnover, contract termination, etc...Their rationale is that these employees and hospital partners aren't used to working with such a marvelous company, so they get confused and flee. I kid you not. Very nasty and competitive atmosphere among the underlings due to management's constant threats and badgering. Lots of time wasted on non-productive "conversations", quarterly meetings, reports. To those who are suffering--there is a wonderful world beyond Healogics out there.
Pros
Caring nurses and physicians, wonderful patients
Cons
You will enter another realm of existence and leave the business world as we know it
bad culture
nurse (Current Employee) –  IL5 May 2016
no good place to work. only intrested in their money of HBO. No care for workers. Bad managers.no one cares. management do not care about us workers or anything but the reports.
Good
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL27 April 2016
Really good org for on to work! People are mostly excellent and coorperative and supportive of one another. Management seems genuinely concerned about providing an enjoyable and effective work environment.
I so enjoyd the autonomy with the patinets
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO6 April 2016
Would like to work again for Healogics however no positions available in Colorado for me.
I so enjoyed actually having to wear all the different hats I did because I was able to be very involved with both patients and staff. We attained very high customer satisfaction scores from patients. Hands on nursing will always be in my field especially to assist staff and patients.
The fact our contract was cut so abruptly by the hospital was a surprise as we met the requirements set forth.
I am disappointed at this time not to be able to find work with the same company because of this experience. I will continue to look as well as outside the company for a good fit my me.
Terrible Place to Work
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin29 March 2016
I have been reading the other reviews of this company and I feel that they are basically speaking for me as well. Its good to know since I thought it was just me.

I have worked for many companies in the past and thought they were terrible. Well, after Healogics I can now honestly say, they are the absolute worst by far.

As a clinic manager in a struggling clinic with very low staff and only 2 physicians, it was impossible to get anything done other than the absolute necessities to keep that clinic moving. I was expected to get as much case management done as the other RN as well as be on weekly mandatory conference calls that were always on the busiest clinic day.

I was expected to keep the reports about the reports updated and to micromanage the physicians and the rest of the staff all in 8 hour days. I spent many an evening doing task that I could not get finished during the day.

We were given training on how to do all of this in one or two clinic visits by the RCM and if you did not get it, you were left on your own. Sink or swim, they did not care, in fact it was my feeling that they would assist you in the sinking. My Director when asked for assistance/guidance would say that it was my job and I was expected to know it.

I worked there for over a year and hated every minutes of it. I did love the co workers and the clients, which is why I stayed as long as I did. But the practices are shady at best and the pressure to get patients into expensive test and HBO is overwhelming. This is a for profit company and they expect you to make them money
  more... all the while spouting the patient comes first. I could go on and on...  less
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Terrible environment, terrible leadership, horendous training, excessive pressure
Mary Newsom
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, AR20 March 2016
It's a great company to work for. I have a awesome Program Director. I have learned how to use i-heal, scheduling, superbills and the nine steps to healing. I enjoy learning new things and it has been a great experience for me in the healthcare field
Pros
advancement
Cons
education

2.9