Healogics Employee Reviews

Monotonous
Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL12 October 2017
Human resources is horrible and advancement is not based on merit, education or experience, it is based on how well you are liked by certain people. Employee development is also very poor.
Pros
Fairly stable job
Cons
Very poor employee development
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL3 October 2017
Great benefits and staff. Just did not mesh well with the AVP. Covered all aspects of the clinic, including HBO and front desk, while still trying to maintain my responsibilities as Program Director. Just not enough hours in the day to complete all tasks required.
So so company
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  WA2 October 2017
Leadership is not organized and a lot of back stabbing. Changes leadership a lot and usually no support because new leadership is to worried about losing their position
eh
Wound Care Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  pensylvania28 September 2017
Too many reports and pressure to perform when money is the main concern - not much constructive criticism or tangible direction to manage job goals or performance
Pros
enjoy colleagues
Cons
high stress
Rewarding work
Wound Care Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA27 September 2017
Rewarding-helping patients heal and being backed with great management and technology along the way. Great benefits and loved everyday I worked there.
AVP is aggressive
RN - Wound Care Center, PRN (Current Employee) –  Allen, TX26 September 2017
Management and policies are livable but the AVP is aggressive. Wound care is great and something I love. Working directly with patients is very rewarding. Thankfully AVP visits are rare.
Terrible company.
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Ohio26 September 2017
Their only concern is making money and it is done at the expense of the patients.regional managers force a cookie cutter type of style that does not work in every facility. Staff turnover is very high because of unrealistic demands on staff.
great place to work
Regional Director of Clinical Operations/Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL21 September 2017
Provided me opportunity to work as project manager on several projects involving EHR,, patient education pamphlets and patient care plans. Also taught at the Wound Healing Institute.
Fast Paced
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN19 September 2017
Great place to work, low turnover, good management.
Weekends and major holidays off.
Willing to train on new procedures and concerns answered quickly.
Disappointing
Other (Current Employee) –  Idaho14 September 2017
I had high hopes for this company and my career, I quickly learned that I would be disappointed. I enjoyed my job itself, I did not enjoy management and the environment. There was absolutely no team work and I never had any help with anything, I was not even able to take bathroom breaks. If I had to I would have to track down the one and only person who could cover me and pray that they would, usually I was told they were to busy to help me out for the 2-5 mins I would need in the bathroom.
Pros
Pay is ok and benefits are decent.
Cons
co-workers and management.
Fast paced
LPN (Former Employee) –  Goshen, IN6 September 2017
Loved the job, patients and fast paced.. Management, however never listened to what was being said and never wanted to make things better for clinic to run. Little teamwork and scheduling not a fit for appropriate staffing, lack of communication. Wait time for patients often too long. Patients just a number. Patients not knowing who the management was. Work hard and get thrown under the bus. If you're in the click you'll fit right in.
Pros
Pay, flexible, fast paced
Helping
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL21 August 2017
This company certainly makes a difference in peoples lives. Working hard to save limbs with evidence based medicine. The work is challenging and the business is good.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
No money for marketing
Only good if youre fresh out of school
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 August 2017
If you are fresh out of medical assistant school, this is the place to work. the patients are very diverse with different health issues, and many who are on state insurance the rest with no insurance.
Pros
work experience
Cons
No career advancement
Healogics
Safety Director/ Hypberbaric Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IA14 August 2017
A typical day was between 6-8 hours depending on the patient load, managed patients safety daily. I learned what was safe for the patients and I built a great rapport with my patients and co workers. Hardest part was when you heard patients you had in the past had passed on due to health issues. Most enjoyable was working with patients and getting to know them on a different level. I managed the hyperbaric chambers, patient schedules and maintained safety. I worked alone the majority of the time, only conversing with my manager when needed.I also performed insurance approvals.
Pros
Wasn't micro managed, trusted to do my job
Cons
No break time, short on back up techs
Unimpressed with the company
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York State10 August 2017
You are expected to know everything and there is no time to ask questions so you can better understand the job or do it better. It is all about the numbers. Program director is a micro-manger and pushes too many patients thru the door. It is ALL about money, money, and money, and NOT quality of care, unfortunately. Very stressful if numbers are not met. Would not recommend working there, to anyone sadly!
Pros
Salary is ok, great caring nurses
Cons
Health benefits stink- high deductible plans
Ok Company
Hyperbaric Technician (Current Employee) –  New York State2 August 2017
Healogics is based out of Jacksonville Florida. This company bought out accelerate wound care that was located in Washington State. Healogics is an ok company to work for.
Both Good and Bad
Program Director (Former Employee) –  United States2 August 2017
For the host hospital, Healogics is a powerhouse with patient-centric protocols. For the employee, it's a torture chamber of stress and ultimatums. As an outside contractor to the hospital, acceptance by hospital employees doesn't really happen - a priority on generating revenue indicates an emphasis on making money over patient patient care, which is resented. Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy isn't the silver bullet that it's positioned to be, but the reimbursement is high - good for the host and good for Healogics. The data-driven patient metrics is a sound and valuable baseline for determining appropriate patient care - this information is aggregated on a national basis from all Healogics sites and works very well.

Jacksonville staff is terrific - enthusiastic, smart, and the company puts an emphasis on comprehensively training their people. However, if you want to become a Program Director in order to manage a medical practice, this will be VERY disappointing. The greatest emphasis for the Program Director is on sales, and that will keep you cold-calling physician offices most of your time. I saw too many PD's from other area hospitals quit over the immense job stress.

If sales is your thing, then you should look into Healogics.
Pros
Compensation, training, teamwork
Cons
Revenue-driven fixation leaves nurses resenting the company - money over patients
Challenged by dynamic health care environment
Miscellaneous (Former Employee) –  Various31 July 2017
Healogics is very dominant in hospital-based outpatient wound care. It isn't clear if they are well positioned for the future, as evidenced by shifting corporate initiatives.
good company to work for
Surgeon- wound care (Current Employee) –  Murphysboro, IL24 July 2017
work place environment is very conducive and friendly . only problem for me is driving from St.louis .MO to murphysboro.IL. good workin g hours and decent compensation. i work 4 days /wk
no negatives as far as i can perceive.
It's okay but growth options are few.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Technician and Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE6 July 2017
I like this company. A typical day at work is okay but growth options are few. It's a good company to work for overall. I will recommend this job to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healogics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6