Healogics Employee Reviews

Horrible Managemwnt Company
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 19, 2016
I have never come across a company that literally tries to get people to quit in my life. This company comes in appears to be a benign entity saying they are going to help make the place better. As well as help people acieve their goals for promotion. After a couple of months people are gettong written up for stupid reasons. The program directorso are cold, callus and malicious. My suggestion is if you want to workin woundcare try to find other companies .
Pros
Cons
More than can count
I so enjoyd the autonomy with the patinets
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 6, 2016
Would like to work again for Healogics however no positions available in Colorado for me.
I so enjoyed actually having to wear all the different hats I did because I was able to be very involved with both patients and staff. We attained very high customer satisfaction scores from patients. Hands on nursing will always be in my field especially to assist staff and patients.
The fact our contract was cut so abruptly by the hospital was a surprise as we met the requirements set forth.
I am disappointed at this time not to be able to find work with the same company because of this experience. I will continue to look as well as outside the company for a good fit my me.
Great Teamwork
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 14, 2016
I got to work with nurses who knew their craft. I was part of a team that had a very good healing rate. Manager was understanding and was willing to learn about Hyperbarics and Nursing Wound Care to better understand managing the Clinic.The hardest part of the job is when I did not have patients and I was taken away from what I am trained for. Those situations allowed me to learn the other jobs and develop skills that I was unfamiliar with.The most enjoyable part was healing patients with chronic wounds.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Job security
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYJuly 21, 2016
The job had many challenges throughout the day. The patients are wonderful which makes the day go by faster. They bring goodies for us during holiday seasons to show their appreciation.
Pros
Free lunches from reps from different companies
Cons
Short breaks, Short staffed a lot
great patients good doctors
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 22, 2016
I'm a former employee in Illinois, the management for this company really sucks, the worst is that they get paid so much money for marketing purposes and the truth is that they don't leave the office. They micromanage you and just walk around pretending that they care, the medical director is the same way don't care about patients all they talk about is numbers and reports, they also push the doctors to do debridments and tests when they are not even necessary but if it brings money they are happy, they put patients in HBO that don't even qualified but they will alter record to make the pt a candidate for hyperbaric treatments. I do like the doctors and my co-workers and love our patients also hours and the fact that you only work Monday through Friday.
Mary Newsom
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, ARMarch 20, 2016
It's a great company to work for. I have a awesome Program Director. I have learned how to use i-heal, scheduling, superbills and the nine steps to healing. I enjoy learning new things and it has been a great experience for me in the healthcare field
Pros
advancement
Cons
education
Fast Growing Wound Care Management Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 5, 2016
Healogics has grown quickly within the past 10 years, merging twice with it's largest competitors.

I work with an excellent team of analysts helping to review customers' contribution margins.
Great team, HORRIBLE management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2016
Great team HORRIBLE management, set up for failure, find yourself doing management duties, teamwork discouraged, don't smile or try to interact with your coworkers it's frowned upon, spoken down to, treated like a child
The Titanic Of Wound Care
Safety Director (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 21, 2015
If you notice the only people rating this company with high marks are the current program directors. They are the ones drinking the corp kool-aide or it might be the 6 figures they make. Company is unethical in regards to getting patients into HBO. MGMT only cares about reports and it seems there is a new report monthly.6 bosses to report to and not one knowing what the other is doing. Didn't think it was possible but became even worse after the last merger.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
MGMT-No Lunches or breaks
Good
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2016
Really good org for on to work! People are mostly excellent and coorperative and supportive of one another. Management seems genuinely concerned about providing an enjoyable and effective work environment.
if you not connected you not gonna be long there
BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2016
Worst place I worked in, friends bring friends, people form circle of friends, lots of biased people worked there, typical Jacksonville, sick menthality
Bizarro World
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2016
This company has got to be the worst---and I've worked in some excellent and some not so excellent companies. The almighty dollar is the bottom line, and whatever challenges you have in getting to profitability are your challenges alone. Upper management only wants to hear how well your center is doing, and if it's not so well, even if the reason is beyond your control, you will be threatened, not assisted. Management is delusional and refuses to address turnover, contract termination, etc...Their rationale is that these employees and hospital partners aren't used to working with such a marvelous company, so they get confused and flee. I kid you not. Very nasty and competitive atmosphere among the underlings due to management's constant threats and badgering. Lots of time wasted on non-productive "conversations", quarterly meetings, reports. To those who are suffering--there is a wonderful world beyond Healogics out there.
Pros
Caring nurses and physicians, wonderful patients
Cons
You will enter another realm of existence and leave the business world as we know it
Great work environment, good balance of staff, excellent management
nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 27, 2015
A typical day befings at 8 and can be a long day. Sometimes we work through lunch, bout we are compensated and we have the choice. There are days that we may not finish till 6, but those are rare. My center is very well run, and management is excellent. We all know what is expected of us and we do our job. Never had any problems.
I truly love my job.
Pros
Good benefits, never work weekends or nights! Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Lack of ongoing training through the company
bad culture
nurse (Current Employee) –  ILMay 5, 2016
no good place to work. only intrested in their money of HBO. No care for workers. Bad managers.no one cares. management do not care about us workers or anything but the reports.
Stable Company
Director, Wound Care Center (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2015
Healogics is a very stable company with good values. Great healers of chronic non-healing wounds. Good management. Good communication between management and co-workers. They really respect their partners and do everything possible to have a great working relationship.
Long hours and commute to Florida weekly
EMR specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, F:September 28, 2015
Worked on special project of development of specialized EMR system for wound care. Loved working on the development of the new EMR; worked with a team of 5 from all over the US in a team oriented atmosphere.
Worked with members of IS and outside vendor to complete project
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
lived in hotel for 1 year
On a wing and a prayer
Hyperbaric/Wound Care LVN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2015
Typical day: opening 0700 to closing 1700. Pt's taken to tx room abd/or hbo. Hbo tech lucky if you get to go to bathroom, hold it if no one is available. Confined to one room every day; no opportunity to learn woundcare if you ur a nurse. Nepotism is rampant. Some of the docs really do care @ the pts and know alot @ healing. Requires a report for a report for a report. Lots and lots of time spent creating reports by program directors and CNM. Must clock out for lunch while having to listen to dme reps. Has tuition assistance but you won't have time or be able to take off time to use it. Forget @ ur family, u won't see much of them
Pros
free lunches, some of the WC doctors are simply fabulous
Cons
lunch brks, brks not a given, conflicts between hospital administration vs. healogics employees hospital always wins, not much room for advancement, no STD OR LTD
Very "efficiency" driven culture is good for shareholders, not so much for employees.
Hyperbaric tech (Current Employee) –  Houston TXSeptember 10, 2015
Strong emphasis on cost-cutting and productivity enhancement has made this a difficult company to work for. However, they have a generous tuition reimbursement policy if you can navigate the red tape.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Low pay
Transitional Business
Multi-Site, Program Director (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VA and Carlisle, PAAugust 14, 2015
Understanding healthcare as it is delivered today compared to eight years ago has been interesting. From coding and billing to patient care. As transitions have rolled out over the years the drive for my company has gone from patient care to the bottom line. Offering excellent patient care will support a solid bottom line.

The employees that I work with day in and day are caring and compassionate human beings. We all love to see our patients heal and enjoy their lives.

My position does require me to switch gears on a dime from marketing our program, to sitting in a meeting or filling in for a staff member. Knowing the different aspects of my employees positions is critical. The team approach is very important but as equally important is our autonomy.

We need to be able to set ourselves apart from other providers in our competitive market and the passion and energy that I bring to my current position is being under utilized and stifled.
Pros
Working with well educated, selfless individuals
Cons
Lack of autonomy
Out Patient Setting
Hyperbaric Technician/Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Albany NYJuly 15, 2015
As soon as I get into work and my feet hit our floor I am off and working. I do not waste any minutes while at work. Constant on the go and willing to do any thing that my clinical manager wants me to do.

2.6