healogics

healogics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting Career
Safety Director and Hyperbaric Tech (Current Employee), La Grange ilAugust 11, 2014
Hyperbaric therapy is an interesting career. A typical day involves helping sick patients, interacting with other health care professionals, and updating co workers on safety issues around the center. It can be a physically demanding job. It can also be emotionally draining because of the tight bond you develop with the patients over the course of their – more... treatments. – less
Patient Intake
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 21, 2014
This place was a horrible place to work. If it wasn't for some of the staff it would have be unbearable.
Experts in our own field.
Tissue Viability Nurse, RGN (Current Employee), Eastbourne, ENGJuly 17, 2014
Pros: ability to work in a small team of experts
It's a 9 to 5, Mon to Fri specialist nursing role, so social part of life is left intact which, in nursing, is quite uncommon. There's plenty to learn and a friendly atmosphere.
Changing goals cause excessive stress,fear for job security
Program Director (Current Employee), TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: the occasional bonus.
Cons: lack of training, changing goals, procedure/revenue driven, lack of representation, fear of reprisal, lack of fair wages, the ridiculous amount of work and duties expected of the program director and clinical coordinator.
The most stressful, money driven company in health care I have ever had the displeasure in which to work.
Fast paced, high stress environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 26, 2014
Long work hours, lots of over time. Learned a lot about wound care, absolutely no way to further your education while working here, the hours are too crazy.
Wound Care Center
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fredericksburg VAJune 21, 2014
Healogics has plenty to offer its employees. However, for the Virginia area there is not a lot of job advancement.
Challenging
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Current Employee), Fort Mohave, AZMay 5, 2014
Pros: close to my home, training
Cons: low volume, poor communication
Excellent job- challenging and fun. The only downside is our volume. When there are no patients, I lose hours.
STOP!!! Do not apply! if u have issues with management HR is no help.This center is a horrible place to work
front office coordinator (Former Employee), new york, nyApril 2, 2014
Cons: horrible
Very poor management! Unorganized, incompetent, childish, and evil.
bad management
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Dunn, NCFebruary 11, 2014
Management was awful. They were lazy and didn't do their job and blamed their lack of work on others.
Young company with a lot of growing pains
Program Director (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAFebruary 1, 2014
Needs a lot of infra structure work, had over twenty five pass words and user ID's for computer systems. Work between hospital and company sometimes difficult to negotiate.

With all that being said work was rewarding as you saw a lot of positive changes with patients
Continue looking elsewhere....,
Director (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits and good local staff.
Cons: too many chiefs, micromanaged, too many reports and meetings, over promising to hospital, terrible hospital support, way too many it issues......got the picture??
Great experience and knowledge for your career and use elsewhere. Starting pay seems great at first until you realize the work involved and realize is a 6 figure job! Could have better support. Select management personnel are great, but most are not as too micromanaged. Move on and keeping looking somewhere else.
Not Worth the Career Move
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), West CoastJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: competitive pay but they have to...
Cons: revolving door, managers are huge contradictions, say one thing one day, and something else the next.
When you search Healogics and there are over 120 open positions at any given time, this says something. The average tenure is 1 to 2 years.

You could not pay me a million dollars to go back there. No thank you. I would rather work at Burger King making an honest living and keep my integrity.

I had high hopes there but it was a giant disappointment.

Don't – more... expect management to ever have your back. Take notes on everything your supervisor says because it will most likely change the next day.

Take my advice and do not even waste your talents there. It is a no win position. – less
Always striving to set higher goals
Wound Care Nurse (Former Employee), springfieldDecember 20, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are able to save a patient from having an amputation or limit the amount of limb that is removed and heal the wound or just save their life by preventing further infection.
Favortism
Nurse (Former Employee), Killeen, TexasNovember 3, 2013
Pros: something new every day. not a dull moment
Cons: too much favortism
I enjoyed this job very much. It was something new every day. The work load was very heavy but I enjoyed it. The problem was favoritism. They had clicks that worked to get rid of the people that did not fit in to their world. It's amazing how you have plenty of complaints on one nurse from staff and patients, but her job is secure, but you let go of – more... a nurse that has a wonderful relationship with her patients and some staff and all you can say about her is that the staff feels she's unapproachable because of facial expressions and you let her go, but you have this one that has issues with staff and patients and is very vocal and you acknowledge she has had this issue for a while and has been reprimanded but she still has a job. The company is only as good as the leadership and it is quite clear that the management has favorites. – less
Impossible Expectations
Program Director (Current Employee), East CoastOctober 2, 2013
Pros: helping people to heal their chronic wounds
Cons: unrealistic expectations with salary incongruent with role
A Program Director is responsible for doing 5 full-time jobs! Operations, Sales, Management, liasion (to two employers hospital and Healogics AVP) and serve as back up to every other position in the clinic! The expectations are extreme and there are not enough hours in the day! Everyday, "Corporate" comes up with a brilliant new idea - let's add this – more... new task - CRM, CDR, Quarterly competencies reviews for all employees, DASH presentations every quarter. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. I love what I do in helping patients with chronic wounds, but the micro management style from a triple type "A" Area Vice President with unrealistic expectations is burning me out!!!! Oh, and did I mention that I get to do all of this (and more) while being viewed as part of the executive hospital leadership group - for a whopping salary around $75K! The bonuses are impossible too - even if you surpass your goals, you may get about $2K a quarter. Run, don't walk away from this company unless you like being micro managed, underpaid, over worked and exhausted. A :coaching: suggestion for the upper management at Healogics - have each member of the senior team spend a month in the field at a busy wound center doing what we do every day - Maybe you would have more respect and a better understanding of what your employees face daily. Would you do all of what we are expected to do? Would you be satisfied with that paltry salary? Would you enjoy being micro managed? I am going to guess you would answer "No" to all of the above. – less
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brawley, CASeptember 20, 2013
Fast pace work but a great environment with fellow staff members. Doctors are always willing to answer questions and teach on the job. Hardest part of the job is the commute to and from work.
Great Work with Great People, A Valuable Service to Patients
Program Director (Current Employee), Sumter, SCSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: meet with many people ranging from physicians, to nurses, to sales reps.
Cons: keeping up with the many different insurance requirments.
A typical day at work would involve meeting with physician practices in order to educate them on our services while soliciting referrals, or updating these physician practices on the progress of their referred patients. The program director also must reconcile the charges for the day with the patient load, and audit the charts to insure the partner – more... hospital is receiving correct compensation. Educate the nursing staff of any changes in policy, and act as a liason between Healogics and the hospital staff. The program director must also maintain a good relationship with the panel of physicians charged to care for the clinic patients. There are many hats, and many responsibilities, but it is very rewarding work. – less
Backstabbing Managment , lie to make themselves look good .
Hyperbaric Technician (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great doctors and nurses
Cons: horrible management
Entire merge of Healogic and Hospital was awfull . Dozen bosses and all had different a wrong made up policies . All about money patient care was at bottom of the list ! New Program Director every year , made up policies all day .
totally non supportive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 2, 2013
Pros: none come to mind
Cons: no management support or direction, huge turn over
It was positively the worst job I have ever had. Over worked and under paid, no lunch, no breaks, no support from management to include upper echelon..focus is money not patient care. Nurses were worked like dogs and expected to perform the impossible, Program director was inexperienced, vindictive, dishonest and unprofessional,and non supportive. She – more... did not forge relationships with physicians and did not perform her job on any level. Typical day was chaos from start to finish, phone ringing off the hook, Dr.s overbooked, patients waiting unreasonable amounts of time,nurses literally running from one room to the next, and Program Director hiding in her office all day. The physicians were fantastic and were the best part of the job..as for the rest of it? Well, I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. It was truly the worst job experience of my adult life. – less
would not recommend
Office (Former Employee), east coastJuly 30, 2013
Over worked, work through your lunches, no breaks.Never want you to work over time. More concerned about getting as many patients in as possible in one day. Patients can wait up to 2 hours to be seen. It's all about the money not the patients. Too much paper work, Huge turnover in employees

About healogics

Healogics creates opportunities for hospitals, physicians and the patients they serve. We offer a full array of services, flexible – Read more