Healogics Employee Reviews

Residency Program
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Casper, WY28 April 2017
I completed my residency for my Masters in Nursing Science and Masters in Business Management (Health Care Systems Management) through Loyola University.
Pros
Flexible staff and scheduling
Program Director
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Easley, SC24 April 2017
I would not recommend this company unless you are looking for a stepping stone to move to a better company. Healogics is only interested in money, money, money. The do not care about anyone who is not in senior management. the senior management make the worse decisions ever. The main one being the start of HSP which stands for healogics specialty physicians. This new venture is sinking the company and completely changed the culture of the company. Do your homework before going to work here. Also check on who your AVP will be l!!!!
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
terrible culture and doesn't care about employees under senior management
Working for a Wound Care Management Company
Program Director, Hoag Wound Healing Center (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA20 April 2017
Healogics' contracts with hospitals to help manage their affiliated wound care centers. The Program Directors (PD) in these managed centers are not hospital employees; they are Healogics employees. As a PD, I had reports due to my manager that required obtaining hospital information. Because I was not a hospital employee, it was nearly impossible to get this private information. I had to think of creative and ethical ways to gather the information. Although this task was usually daunting, I found it to be fun and challenging.
Pros
Marketing to private clinics, managing a clinic staff, running day to day operation
Cons
Always felt like an outsider with hospital management
great compensation, poor corporate culture and support of employees
Program Director (Former Employee) –  IL11 April 2017
The first year and a half as a program director was more of a "baptism by fire" with little support from the AVP or upper management. The compensation is great, along with health benefits.
Pros
compensation
Cons
corporate culture, support of employees
Great patient care
HBOT (Current Employee) –  Anniston, AL4 April 2017
Wound care center focused on healing wounds. I've learned a lot on wound care about different methods of healing. I work with a great group of people who enjoy taking care of others. Most enjoyable thing about my job is the satisfaction of healing someone's wound.
Pros
I love working in patient care
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun work environment
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV29 March 2017
Love working with the team I have at Spring Valley. Nice and clean environment that really care about patient care. Everyone is caring and respectful
Hypocritical Company
Hyperbaric Technician (Former Employee) –  PA22 March 2017
Worst company to work for, poor training.Terrible management. They make promises and never fulfill them. They will lie to your face. Don't work here. Terrible pay, toxic atmosphere, and no one knows what they are doing.Worst place I worked in in years.Accusations are acted upon without confirmation.
Pros
the patients
Cons
Healogics as a company.
HBO tech/LPN (Former Employee) –  Illinois12 March 2017
I absolutely loved working here. It crushed me to leave but I had to because of person issues. I learned so much from the other team members and doctors. I was so nervous because it was a small clinic but they were so welcoming.
CERTIFIED HYPERBARIC WOUND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Michigan17 January 2017
Challenging place to work as there are many challenging personalities. I enjoy being part of a team and taking care of patients daily, They make the job worth it.
worst place to work
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville14 January 2017
Worst company to work for, poor training. To many clicks! Would not recommend the company to anyone. I would be concerned about there billing to customers over billing. Always adjusting the following month no real tracking.
Pros
salary
Cons
poor training, to many clicks, no support
Great people to work with
Wound Care M-IV-LPN (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OH3 January 2017
Care for wound patients under the orders of a Physician. Healogics is a good company and tries to do right by the employees as much as possible.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
UH Hospitals
Upper management not helpful
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas30 December 2016
Upper management and/or HR never contacted me when our local wound center's contract was not renewed. Not once was I assisted in finding another job within the company or contacted in any way by anyone outside of my one person in the office above me. No severence pay since it was a contracted company too. Sad to see it end, we had a great team and set of doctors. Our medical director, however, was never on site and should have been fired according to the company's guidelines for his position. There is no way he fulfilled his requirements. He wouldn't recognize any of us on the streets if he tried! The lack of participation by a few, became the demise for the many...many staff members and many patients and many doctors' offices relying on our services for their patients.
Pros
Flexible schedule if salaried, friendly nurses and front office personnel, wonderful patients
Cons
Poor upper management, marketing lacking to promote clinic, where is HR?, medical director non-existent
Healogics
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL30 November 2016
This is a wonderful organization to work for, leaders will take the time to develop employees and are always available for help if needed.
a nightmare to say the least.
clinical manager (Former Employee) –  FL22 November 2016
I was forced to come in early and leave late, Many days I did not have a break all day. My director made threats against me and would make false allegations if I did ot do as she said. I had an accident on the job and to date they have not paid the deductible on my loss. My director got drunk & made physical advances during a corporate meeting. I reported it to HR and it was unfounded.
I was forced to resign.
Working for Healogics is Like a Box of Chocolates
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Former Employee) –  In a major city25 October 2016
Depending on what the management situation is in your clinic and how much they like you, your situation could be fantastic with great advancement opportunities, or you could be constantly treated badly. Management changes and sometimes you'll go from one to the other very quickly and it's jarring seeing all of your friends quit because they can't cope with months of being blamed for things that are part of the managers role when "the numbers" get light.

That said, wound care is fun, the patients are great and you'll likely work with great people at the clinic level. Most of the clinics I've seen are attractive and contain good equipment. The PTO is generous, insurance is cheap, though if your spouse is offered insurance as a part of their job they can't get on yours, even if it would save your family a lot of money.

My advice is: if you get a strange vibe from the manager during interviews and there has recently been a lot of vacancies where you're being hired, run for the hills. I've watched our staff turn over three times in a relatively short period of time.
Pros
Attracts quality clinicians, great facilities
Cons
Management is outright cruel sometimes and chases off it's best talent
I Loved It
Hyperbaric Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TX22 October 2016
A good company to work for. The training in Jacksonville, Florida was a lot of fun. They are able to give you a lot of knowledge within the short week. You leave training knowing exactly how to do your job.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Under Staffed
Healogics hypocrisy
LPN/hyperbaric tech (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA30 September 2016
Was hired, divulged I was a medical marijuana patient with proper state documentation. They refused to hire me based on the treatment recommended by my MD. Then I saw the criminal indictments, whistleblower testimony and speculation on the effectiveness of the treatment as well as questioning the ethics of the company. Applicant beware.
Pros
None I know of
Cons
questionable practices from billing to performing unapproved treatments
Terrible management
IS Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL23 September 2016
Pros
Cons
Have to finish your work at home and get no ot.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NY21 July 2016
The job had many challenges throughout the day. The patients are wonderful which makes the day go by faster. They bring goodies for us during holiday seasons to show their appreciation.
Pros
Free lunches from reps from different companies
Cons
Short breaks, Short staffed a lot
if you not connected you not gonna be long there
BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL18 July 2016
Worst place I worked in, friends bring friends, people form circle of friends, lots of biased people worked there, typical Jacksonville, sick menthality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healogics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6