Healogics Employee Reviews

Healogics
Safety Director/ Hypberbaric Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IA14 August 2017
A typical day was between 6-8 hours depending on the patient load, managed patients safety daily. I learned what was safe for the patients and I built a great rapport with my patients and co workers. Hardest part was when you heard patients you had in the past had passed on due to health issues. Most enjoyable was working with patients and getting to know them on a different level. I managed the hyperbaric chambers, patient schedules and maintained safety. I worked alone the majority of the time, only conversing with my manager when needed.I also performed insurance approvals.
Pros
Wasn't micro managed, trusted to do my job
Cons
No break time, short on back up techs
Unimpressed with the company
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York State10 August 2017
You are expected to know everything and there is no time to ask questions so you can better understand the job or do it better. It is all about the numbers. Program director is a micro-manger and pushes too many patients thru the door. It is ALL about money, money, and money, and NOT quality of care, unfortunately. Very stressful if numbers are not met. Would not recommend working there, to anyone sadly!
Pros
Salary is ok, great caring nurses
Cons
Health benefits stink- high deductible plans
Ok Company
Hyperbaric Technician (Current Employee) –  New York State2 August 2017
Healogics is based out of Jacksonville Florida. This company bought out accelerate wound care that was located in Washington State. Healogics is an ok company to work for.
Both Good and Bad
Program Director (Former Employee) –  United States2 August 2017
For the host hospital, Healogics is a powerhouse with patient-centric protocols. For the employee, it's a torture chamber of stress and ultimatums. As an outside contractor to the hospital, acceptance by hospital employees doesn't really happen - a priority on generating revenue indicates an emphasis on making money over patient patient care, which is resented. Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy isn't the silver bullet that it's positioned to be, but the reimbursement is high - good for the host and good for Healogics. The data-driven patient metrics is a sound and valuable baseline for determining appropriate patient care - this information is aggregated on a national basis from all Healogics sites and works very well.

Jacksonville staff is terrific - enthusiastic, smart, and the company puts an emphasis on comprehensively training their people. However, if you want to become a Program Director in order to manage a medical practice, this will be VERY disappointing. The greatest emphasis for the Program Director is on sales, and that will keep you cold-calling physician offices most of your time. I saw too many PD's from other area hospitals quit over the immense job stress.

If sales is your thing, then you should look into Healogics.
Pros
Compensation, training, teamwork
Cons
Revenue-driven fixation leaves nurses resenting the company - money over patients
Challenged by dynamic health care environment
Miscellaneous (Former Employee) –  Various31 July 2017
Healogics is very dominant in hospital-based outpatient wound care. It isn't clear if they are well positioned for the future, as evidenced by shifting corporate initiatives.
good company to work for
Surgeon- wound care (Current Employee) –  Murphysboro, IL24 July 2017
work place environment is very conducive and friendly . only problem for me is driving from St.louis .MO to murphysboro.IL. good workin g hours and decent compensation. i work 4 days /wk
no negatives as far as i can perceive.
It's okay but growth options are few.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Technician and Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE6 July 2017
I like this company. A typical day at work is okay but growth options are few. It's a good company to work for overall. I will recommend this job to anyone.
Great Development
Hyperbaric Medicine Clinic Program Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC3 July 2017
Opportunity to personally develop in a management position. Able to work with both and in patient and out patient clientele. Help foster understanding of private insurance companies.
Good company with a value oriented business model
DIVISION VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL2 July 2017
I love the wound care industry working with both National Healing Corporation and Accelecare Wound Centers who were bought out by Healogics. Able to establish great professional relationships.
very independent work situation
Post Acute Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO23 June 2017
i had a n office at home. I would set up my own meetings and my own schedule over day/week, Management was good but sometimes they get ahead of themselves whack causes problems. the hardest part of the job was not being informed as to what was going on on the corporate level. The mot enjoyable part of the job was being independent and being micro managed.
Pros
enjoyable personnel
Cons
not informed as yo what the company was doing
Patient care rewarding/ Management Poor
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL2 June 2017
no comment....words cannot express my feelings toward management. Clinic won awards for high clinical achievement, but not good enough. Hospitals can run there own clinic and should.
Pros
Healing patients rewarding
Cons
AVP support Poor
Fantastic Wound Care Company
RDCO (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL31 May 2017
This is a great company to work for. Helping patients heal is beyond rewarding. This company prides itself on being the world's leader in Wound Care and it shows through their clinical outcomes. They also take great care of their of employees.
No support from managers
Nurse (Former Employee) –  West coast29 May 2017
You get no support from management and no training of any kind. You are expected to know how to do everything and complete all tasks without ever learning what you are expected to do. Huge problems with understaffing. Not safe for nurses or patients.
Pros
It's a Monday thru Friday job with no weekends or holidays. That is the only good thing.
Cons
Tons of overtime, no management support, poor staffing, high turnovers of staff.
False Accusations, Hostile Work Environment, Lack-luster Management
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Midwest Minnesota/Iowa25 May 2017
Overall systems and programs very well organized. Area Vice Presidents rule by absentee and don't seem to like to follow chain of command. If Healogics would be willing to take a serious look at the AVP positions and support those who are truly bringing the revenue, the company could grow to incredible heights.
If you can handle the stress, you'll make it
CERTIFIED HYPERBARIC TECHNOLOGIST, LPN (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, New York22 May 2017
A great company lots of benefits and opportunity, but you are expected to do a lot of different tasks with not much help sometimes. Not a bad place to start what will be a great career.
Program Director
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV16 May 2017
This is a good starting point for moving into operations in healthcare. There is also a good training program for new hires. The work-life balance is sometime not balanced but the experience is rewarding.
Billing
Billing Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL14 May 2017
A continuously evolving company to work for, lots of schedule flexibility, leadership changes. Great coworkers in the billing area, developed lifelong friendships.
Great company culture, but no growth
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL9 May 2017
I enjoyed working for Healogics and developed many relationships with my coworkers through sponsored team building and company activities. I also enjoyed a flexible work schedule and did not feel micromanaged as I have with previous employers. There has been a lot of turnover in my few years of working for the company so it does not give you a sense of stability. Leadership seems a little broken and there are a lot of closed door meetings.
Pros
team building, benefits, pay
Cons
company politics, no growth opportunity
Excellent place to work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZ2 May 2017
I am blessed to be part of this company. I love the culture, vision mission, and most important their management.
I am sorry that some hospital partners do not see their VALUE,
Residency Program
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Casper, WY28 April 2017
I completed my residency for my Masters in Nursing Science and Masters in Business Management (Health Care Systems Management) through Loyola University.
Pros
Flexible staff and scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healogics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6