HDR Employee Review

Professional Engineering Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO25 March 2014
A typical day of work involved greeting employees, vendors and contractors; answering and handling calls as necessary; managing breakroom and office supplies and coordinating lunch meetings. I ran errands occasionally as well. I made some good friends at HDR and I learned so much in the 7 years I was there. The hardest part of the job, was that I was not kept busy. There was not much to do and no room for advancement and I like to be kept busy with a variety of work. Breaks are nice too, but not when the better part of your 40 hours feels like one. The other hard part of the job was the management. I won't go into detail because I would have unprofessional thoughts on that subject.
The benefits were not the best I've had, but better than most. The company provided a 401K investment opportunity and they matched my 4% I provided.
Pros
Free lunches during meetings, good benefits and lots of PTO accrual
Cons
Management, slow paced position

Other HDR Employee Reviews

enjoyed the driving to Texas
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON23 October 2017
The job at HDR was an experience in which the runs from Canada to USA were good but i didn't see eye to eye with owner. The differences between owner and myself were stressful and i then left HDR.
Pros
Cons
very short breaks
Professional workplace who makes our work matters
Transportation Planner (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 July 2013
HDR is a company with great culture and values. Managers and senior staff are willing to train younger staff and build relationship outside of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HDR. Our community is ready to answer.

HDR Reviews by Job Title