HDR Employee Review

Good Working culture for Engineers and Architects, bad for IT
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX11 March 2014
Working IT at HDR is demoralizing. Once a month meetings with the CIO consistantly reminding us that we are a drain on business and cut into the companies bottom line.

It wasn't always like this, the IT group got restructured. So instead of working for your local departments you support you now report to a faceless autocracy in Omaha. While under the local department, the head of that department was responsible for our compenstation and reviews. The job was more organic and should we not be doing our job satisfactorily the department heads and the people we support would have a direct say in our reviews.

Pay rates are not competitive at all.

Management is incompetant, and can't even facilitate a migration to new systems.

Hardest part keeping moral up.

Most enjoyable part is working with the different engineers and architect users and helping them be productive. Overwhelmingly good people who work here.
Pros
Good Benefits program

Other HDR Employee Reviews

enjoyed the driving to Texas
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON23 October 2017
The job at HDR was an experience in which the runs from Canada to USA were good but i didn't see eye to eye with owner. The differences between owner and myself were stressful and i then left HDR.
Pros
Cons
very short breaks
Professional workplace who makes our work matters
Transportation Planner (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 July 2013
HDR is a company with great culture and values. Managers and senior staff are willing to train younger staff and build relationship outside of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HDR. Our community is ready to answer.

HDR Reviews by Job Title