HDR Employee Review

Enjoyable work environment with a joining on community services in the area. Fun times in the office with holidays and potlucks, I love to cook.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA14 November 2013
A typical day at work started with a cup of coffee and 2-3 engineers and/or project managers asking me to type/mail/process letters/memos/reports or get meetings together.
I learned how to multitask and be diplomatic trying to help all my engineers and managers.
The manager I had was a wonderful person, very dedicated to the job, but also very human to his employees.
I worked with 8-15 engineers at a time. Juggling was my business on “who’s on first”. We all had a great companionship/working relationship in the Water/Wastewater department that I worked in. There are the times that we would go on weekend trips together (snow skiing, camping at the beach, bike riding, and walks).
The hardest part of the job was getting information in time to finish Request for Proposals. Sometimes we would have to work all weekends in order to make deadlines.
The employees I worked with were the best!!! I would love to work with any of them again.
Pros
Employee Owned Company
Cons
Had to give your own time to projects, no overtime pay

Other HDR Employee Reviews

enjoyed the driving to Texas
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON23 October 2017
The job at HDR was an experience in which the runs from Canada to USA were good but i didn't see eye to eye with owner. The differences between owner and myself were stressful and i then left HDR.
Pros
Cons
very short breaks
Professional workplace who makes our work matters
Transportation Planner (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 July 2013
HDR is a company with great culture and values. Managers and senior staff are willing to train younger staff and build relationship outside of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HDR. Our community is ready to answer.

HDR Reviews by Job Title