HD Supply

HD Supply Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Extremely Disapointing
Sales (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: very little
Cons: very many
Management did not care at all about employees or maintaining a decent office environment. No money allowed to spend on customers or improvements at the branch. No plan moving forward of how to improve branch performance compared to local competition. No intention of hiring enough staff to perform properly in the market. Generally amazed this is supposed – more... to be the largest national company in the industry. You would think it was a company ran by a very tight owner with no ambition. – less
Not for the lazy........
N/A (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Lack of accountability. Great benefits. Decent salary. All work. Little or no time to get to know your coworkers. Cube heaven.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2014
It was a great place to work. The job was fast paced, making the work day go by fast. My job was Monday - Friday, allowing time for ones self on the weekend.
Small Branch -
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILFebruary 7, 2014
Good compensation, but do not work the customer service side. Leader is unequivocal in 'passion' for customer service but unable to define goals sufficiently. Excellent operation from the purchasing, technical support and other management.
good people to work with
shipping supervisor and logistics coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: fun place to work employees where good people
Cons: job security. there was none. business sold then folded
H.D. Supply was at times a good place to work lots of good people there i learned a lot on my own initiative there was no training available for employees who wished to advance so i did it on my own time.worked for me at the time.
HD Supply is a great company to work for!
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2014
HD Supply really cares for it's associates. Management is great, and the open door policy is very effective. I would recommend HD Supply to everyone because it's the best company to work for.
ok
Credit Administrator (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 3, 2014
assistant to finance director, varies reports, and collections
PICK PACK SHIP
Healthcare Sr. Manager, Healthcare Sales (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: footprint for the lower 48
Cons: management choices to lead sales teams
Develop a sales team, organize a profitable sales and marketing team. Provide product at a fair price. Pick, Pack, Ship.
Very rewarding if you work for it
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: working by yourself
Cons: pay your gas and tolls, work 6 or 7 days every week
The job can be very tough at times. Installation VS sales can be difficult to deal with. If everything goes smooth it can be very rewarding!
Good place to work.
Warehouse Associate. Operations Support. (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Good place to work. Hours were good. People were friendly. Pay was reasonable. Location was close to home. Unfortunately I was layed off October 31 2008 and haven't returned.
great place to work at
Receiving (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job security
management was good. it was fast paced and the employees were friendly, we got free food and we had holiday parties
The company as a whole is very nice to work at
AR Senior Processor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches on companies anniversary
Cons: only 1/2 lunches
•Full cycle of wire payments, receiving, posting and reconciling
•Returned Items, reversing and reapplying to the customer’s account.
learned new software system SAP
My co-workers were a great group of people who worked hard to meet their stats and goals.
Hardest part of job was time management to get what needed to be done when management wanted it – more... done, monthend. – less
fun
floor worker (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXJanuary 21, 2014
good environment

good people to be around

great learning experience
Very Awesome
Customer Service Rep Web Support (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TexasJanuary 21, 2014
Awesome place to work one of the best jobs i have had the 3 year i have been here went by quick
Very Porductive
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Schertz, TXJanuary 17, 2014
pack and organize supplies, make and process labels, manifest proper shipping lables, order select merchandise (light bulbs,door knobs,light fixtures, etc...) order select bulk merchandise (refridgerators, washers and dryers, etc...), ship out and work with Fed Ex and other delivers, handle haz-mat materals, handle lead position when needed, handle – more... phone callls from customers, sort out packages to area, load packages on to trailers, fill out closing reports, and make sure everything is done. – less
dirty grose workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2014
management was always late and never knows what to do leaving it up to the forklift drivers
Poor management and required overtime they don't tell you about!
Customer Service (Former Employee), New Braunfels TexasJanuary 9, 2014
Would never work for this company ever again or refer them to anyone. The training was very poorly done and there management is the worst I've ever seen from a company. They also never mentioned during training that they required any overtime. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Fun and great place to work at.
Bilingual customer service representative (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great environment, great co-worker and supervisor, training classes for refreshments
A typical day at HD Supply was great. I would be on time everyday and be ready to answer the phone calls with my customers. I really learned a lot at HD Supply. They would give me training classes to refresh a couple of basics every once in a while. So, it was helpful having a bit of training every now and then. I had amazing co-workers and we would – more... have potlucks and interact with each other. My supervisor was amazing she would always help me when I needed help in something. I would get a called every now and then that was extremely escalated. But, I would always make sure that I stayed calm and listen to the customer vent. So, that I would be able to help him/her with there situation. I really enjoyed my job, it was great and I've learned so much from it. Just being their was an amazing working experience. I would love helping me customers out just to make them happy. I worked their using SAP and it was very easy to work with. – less
productive and fast paced
Fabricator (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXJanuary 7, 2014
HD supply was a great company to work for, it was fast paced and always busy
Was a wonderful company to work for.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: bonus pay, benefits
Cons: hd supply purchased & closed the competition.
This was a demanding & very busy position. I really loved this workplace however when Home Depot bought Williams Bros. as HD Supply, they quickly closed all locations.

About HD Supply

HD Supply is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. We provide a broad range of products and value-add services – Read more