HD Supply

HD Supply Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was a wonderful company to work for.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: bonus pay, benefits
Cons: hd supply purchased & closed the competition.
This was a demanding & very busy position. I really loved this workplace however when Home Depot bought Williams Bros. as HD Supply, they quickly closed all locations.
Productive Short Days
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Ventura, CADecember 30, 2013
A typical work day for me was 5 hours, and a lot of heavy lifting. I learned a wide variety of products for building and remodeling homes. Management was new since the general manager was just as new as I was when I started. Most of m co-workers were new as well because most of them started after me. The hardest part of my job was moving half ton pallets – more... across the warehouse and for the most enjoyable part of my day was assisting the costumers find or figure out what was need for the task they were trying to accomplish. – less
Terrible Place to Work
LTL Processor (Former Employee), Calera, ALDecember 30, 2013
I Would not work for this company to save my life. They tell you things to keep you in the door, but when it comes down to it your left in the dark. They love firing people around the holidays, and when it time for a raise. Management is TERRIBLE...
Poor Managemnt
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Kent, WADecember 27, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay and overtime
Cons: bad management style and really hard on single moms
If you are a woman with small children I would advise working somewhere else unless you have a partner who can be there ALL the time with your children. This company is run by men and they will write you up if you cannot work over time. I was "forced" per say to go on maternity leave really early.

Good thing about this place if you are single are really – more... available ALL the time, they have great benefits lots of over time and it is a company you can advance in.

This just wasn't the right fit for me :) – less
best place to work in new braunfels
Fulltime 40hr week (Former Employee), new braunfels texasDecember 18, 2013
if i was not going for legal i would totally go back best place to work
Good place to work but!
Purchasing (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: do not take work home with me
Cons: management
For the must part I liked working here. My co-workers are good people. Management is so so, must - 90% are not willing to "rock the boat" when need be...
Busy retail/contractor store
Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: poor management
Daily invoices
Daily deposits
Managing cash drawer
Customer Service
Enjoyable work place
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 11, 2013
Good work place. Employees were helpful. I would like to work there full-time.
Great company to learn and advance ones career
Associate Merchant (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: industry leader with double digit growth means there's room to advance
Cons: not the best benefits in the industry.
HD Supply is filled with management from GE and shares a similar management style. You are pushed to help grow the company as well as your own career aspirations.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee), Pooler based, surrounding SE GADecember 10, 2013
Pros: money/hours
I loved this place. I was one of their number one drivers, but let go on a technicality.
Its a Job
Transportation Lead (Current Employee), Calera, ALDecember 9, 2013
Pros: lots of ot
Cons: short breaks forced weekends
You will be puched pushed and pushed more till they can`t get anything else out of you. You never get a good job!
Productive workplace
RF capable
Good Benefits
Fun workplace
Order Processor (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 7, 2013
hours are bad, pay is not commensurable to experience or education.
NA
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2013
Great company. would recommend anybody to work for them. kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Family orientation and connection of blood line.
Stocking Supervisory/Entry level management (Current Employee), Industry, CANovember 25, 2013
Since my first day as the supervisor for the stocking department I was able to tell that this company was a land slide waiting to happen. Unfortunately, a joining a fortune 500 company like HD Supply isn't all it's cracked up to be. Senior management is a joke, never knowing when an issue should be made. The managers and those who you report to on a – more... daily basis have been there so long that they are blind to the necessary changes that needed implementation. When I innovative idea is presented, they merely look away as though nothing was needing improvement. Management and management alone is going to be the downfall to this fortune 500 company. Currently, and for the past year, they have been using SAP ECC-EPP, a system that they know very little about. They waste your time with useless seminars and meetings, but non of which carry any importance or weight when it comes to daily functions. The amount of brainstorming that is being done only to have to action taken is ridiculous.

Just to sum up the ridiculous nature of this very family oriented and lack of acknowledgement business, HD Supply (City of Industry) has numerous associates related to one senior manager, if you can call her that. Their stocking department has to pick up the slack for the inventory mismanagement, and employee who have been there longer then some senior managers still ask the same questions and are one dimensional. Is this or has this ever been a company that would recommend to a friend or even family member, not a chance. At the end of the day it's all business, but unfortunately this business looks good on paper but not in reality. – less
Good Company
Account Manager Outside Sales (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2013
Pros: corporate structure
Cons: bad management
Very Clicky on a branch by branch basis. The company in a whole is a very good work place.
Very busy, I've been cross trained in three different positions within my first three months.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Norcross, GANovember 18, 2013
Pros: great team work, benefits, off weekends
Cons: sometimes 12-16 work hours depending on the demand.
My co-workers are great. We all help each other out. It's all about Team Work.
good company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2013
i miss working for HD Supply there pretty good of taking care of you far as when you have personal issues like the open door policy
Very Active in community service and respected in the industry
Management/Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2013
Running a sales route calling on apartment complexes selling over 37,000 maintenance parts.
I learned how to manage a territory of 130 accounts, building relationships and solution selling.
I worked for a great manager and will always be appreciative of the opportunity to work there for him.
Stock of product and avail;ability
Becoming friends with my – more... customers! – less
HD Supply
International Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXNovember 4, 2013
Working with HD Supply i learned how to multi-task better, teamwork, and how to translate English to Spanish in a more efficient way.

About HD Supply

HD Supply is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. We provide a broad range of products and value-add services – Read more