HD Supply

HD Supply Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very rewarding if you work for it
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: working by yourself
Cons: pay your gas and tolls, work 6 or 7 days every week
The job can be very tough at times. Installation VS sales can be difficult to deal with. If everything goes smooth it can be very rewarding!
Good place to work.
Warehouse Associate. Operations Support. (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Good place to work. Hours were good. People were friendly. Pay was reasonable. Location was close to home. Unfortunately I was layed off October 31 2008 and haven't returned.
great place to work at
Receiving (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job security
management was good. it was fast paced and the employees were friendly, we got free food and we had holiday parties
The company as a whole is very nice to work at
AR Senior Processor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches on companies anniversary
Cons: only 1/2 lunches
•Full cycle of wire payments, receiving, posting and reconciling
•Returned Items, reversing and reapplying to the customer’s account.
learned new software system SAP
My co-workers were a great group of people who worked hard to meet their stats and goals.
Hardest part of job was time management to get what needed to be done when management wanted it – more... done, monthend. – less
fun
floor worker (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXJanuary 21, 2014
good environment

good people to be around

great learning experience
Very Awesome
Customer Service Rep Web Support (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TexasJanuary 21, 2014
Awesome place to work one of the best jobs i have had the 3 year i have been here went by quick
Very Porductive
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Schertz, TXJanuary 17, 2014
pack and organize supplies, make and process labels, manifest proper shipping lables, order select merchandise (light bulbs,door knobs,light fixtures, etc...) order select bulk merchandise (refridgerators, washers and dryers, etc...), ship out and work with Fed Ex and other delivers, handle haz-mat materals, handle lead position when needed, handle – more... phone callls from customers, sort out packages to area, load packages on to trailers, fill out closing reports, and make sure everything is done. – less
dirty grose workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2014
management was always late and never knows what to do leaving it up to the forklift drivers
Poor management and required overtime they don't tell you about!
Customer Service (Former Employee), New Braunfels TexasJanuary 9, 2014
Would never work for this company ever again or refer them to anyone. The training was very poorly done and there management is the worst I've ever seen from a company. They also never mentioned during training that they required any overtime. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Fun and great place to work at.
Bilingual customer service representative (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great environment, great co-worker and supervisor, training classes for refreshments
A typical day at HD Supply was great. I would be on time everyday and be ready to answer the phone calls with my customers. I really learned a lot at HD Supply. They would give me training classes to refresh a couple of basics every once in a while. So, it was helpful having a bit of training every now and then. I had amazing co-workers and we would – more... have potlucks and interact with each other. My supervisor was amazing she would always help me when I needed help in something. I would get a called every now and then that was extremely escalated. But, I would always make sure that I stayed calm and listen to the customer vent. So, that I would be able to help him/her with there situation. I really enjoyed my job, it was great and I've learned so much from it. Just being their was an amazing working experience. I would love helping me customers out just to make them happy. I worked their using SAP and it was very easy to work with. – less
productive and fast paced
Fabricator (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXJanuary 7, 2014
HD supply was a great company to work for, it was fast paced and always busy
Was a wonderful company to work for.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: bonus pay, benefits
Cons: hd supply purchased & closed the competition.
This was a demanding & very busy position. I really loved this workplace however when Home Depot bought Williams Bros. as HD Supply, they quickly closed all locations.
Productive Short Days
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Ventura, CADecember 30, 2013
A typical work day for me was 5 hours, and a lot of heavy lifting. I learned a wide variety of products for building and remodeling homes. Management was new since the general manager was just as new as I was when I started. Most of m co-workers were new as well because most of them started after me. The hardest part of my job was moving half ton pallets – more... across the warehouse and for the most enjoyable part of my day was assisting the costumers find or figure out what was need for the task they were trying to accomplish. – less
Terrible Place to Work
LTL Processor (Former Employee), Calera, ALDecember 30, 2013
I Would not work for this company to save my life. They tell you things to keep you in the door, but when it comes down to it your left in the dark. They love firing people around the holidays, and when it time for a raise. Management is TERRIBLE...
Poor Managemnt
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Kent, WADecember 27, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay and overtime
Cons: bad management style and really hard on single moms
If you are a woman with small children I would advise working somewhere else unless you have a partner who can be there ALL the time with your children. This company is run by men and they will write you up if you cannot work over time. I was "forced" per say to go on maternity leave really early.

Good thing about this place if you are single are really – more... available ALL the time, they have great benefits lots of over time and it is a company you can advance in.

This just wasn't the right fit for me :) – less
best place to work in new braunfels
Fulltime 40hr week (Former Employee), new braunfels texasDecember 18, 2013
if i was not going for legal i would totally go back best place to work
Good place to work but!
Purchasing (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: do not take work home with me
Cons: management
For the must part I liked working here. My co-workers are good people. Management is so so, must - 90% are not willing to "rock the boat" when need be...
Busy retail/contractor store
Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: poor management
Daily invoices
Daily deposits
Managing cash drawer
Customer Service
Enjoyable work place
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 11, 2013
Good work place. Employees were helpful. I would like to work there full-time.
Great company to learn and advance ones career
Associate Merchant (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: industry leader with double digit growth means there's room to advance
Cons: not the best benefits in the industry.
HD Supply is filled with management from GE and shares a similar management style. You are pushed to help grow the company as well as your own career aspirations.