HD Supply

HD Supply Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing employer & staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXApril 1, 2014
Working with HD was one of the highlights of my life. I was lucky to work on the specialty teams that dealt with one area. My clients became like family and I was able to know their need, remind them if there was something that they were forgetting to purchase. I was a team with my salesmen, helping them to achieve their goals each month/quarter. It – more... was with a heavy heart that I had to leave the company. – less
management
Watts was the boss over shipping and packing (Former Employee), Calera, ALMarch 27, 2014
the boss didnt really care about the worker and everytime someone would steal something he would blame it on someone else
Good Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Santee, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: hours, kitchen onsite, comfortable workplace.
Cons: chain of command, tedious
Quality Teammates , Good Structure In Company, General Day Was Call Center Setting , 70 To 100 Calls A Day, Certain Aspects Are Graded , Very Great Training Classes.
great place
Local Driver (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 10, 2014
friendly & kind company to work for they are very they understand you situation..
HD Supply was a great company that had a great sales culture and offered great opportunities to earn big money.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: wide open sales frontiere
Cons: straight commission work. if you didn't sell, you didn't eat
HD Supply was a competitive wild west where each day you had to compete via service and price with multiple suppliers. The company supplied great training and support for its salespeople. The successful hunter/salesman not only maintained relationships with old customers, but daily had to pursue and acquire new ones. Had the market not nose-dived in – more... '08 I would have stayed in that line of work. – less
productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TexasFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
I think this company should focus on adding different shifts . They only have one shift which at times was too much for the shift to handle and come in the next day and be as productive then normally.
Do not value good employees
Driver (Former Employee), Livonia, MIFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: bad morale, poor management, had to work in poor weather conditions
I started this job and was excited to feel like I was immediately needed. Had lots of overtime without feeling burned out. It was reassuring when I learned that there wasn't an abundance of turnover, i.e. the employees had been with the company for awhile. Sadly, I was fired over having bad judgment and instead of my management fighting for a good employee – more... who was always eager to take on more challenges and a heavier workload than necessary and who had excellent customer reviews, I was canned. My DC manager was a company man. It didn't matter that I was arguably the best driver who always went above and beyond. I messed up, once, and was let go. I was so sad to go. I loved the job and the people I worked with. In the end, my excellent work ethic meant nothing and that stung. Still does. – less
Usually busy and productive day
Truck Driver (Former Employee), New Britain, CTFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: driving around and seeing different areas.
Cons: working in bad weather.
Typical day at work was to get truck loaded and deliver products to construction sites. I would usually have 3 to 4 runs a day. I would also help in the warehouse at times.
I learned about different pipes for various applications.
Also, I learned how to drive a variety of trucks.
My co-workers were a good team, everybody helped each other out.
The hardest – more... part of the job was working in the rain or the very cold because everything was loaded on a flatbed and you were exposed to the elements when loading or unloading.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that 99% of the time the customer was happy to see you and there would be some joking around as the truck was being unloaded. – less
Extremely Disapointing
Sales (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: very little
Cons: very many
Management did not care at all about employees or maintaining a decent office environment. No money allowed to spend on customers or improvements at the branch. No plan moving forward of how to improve branch performance compared to local competition. No intention of hiring enough staff to perform properly in the market. Generally amazed this is supposed – more... to be the largest national company in the industry. You would think it was a company ran by a very tight owner with no ambition. – less
Not for the lazy........
N/A (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Lack of accountability. Great benefits. Decent salary. All work. Little or no time to get to know your coworkers. Cube heaven.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2014
It was a great place to work. The job was fast paced, making the work day go by fast. My job was Monday - Friday, allowing time for ones self on the weekend.
Small Branch -
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILFebruary 7, 2014
Good compensation, but do not work the customer service side. Leader is unequivocal in 'passion' for customer service but unable to define goals sufficiently. Excellent operation from the purchasing, technical support and other management.
good people to work with
shipping supervisor and logistics coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: fun place to work employees where good people
Cons: job security. there was none. business sold then folded
H.D. Supply was at times a good place to work lots of good people there i learned a lot on my own initiative there was no training available for employees who wished to advance so i did it on my own time.worked for me at the time.
HD Supply is a great company to work for!
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2014
HD Supply really cares for it's associates. Management is great, and the open door policy is very effective. I would recommend HD Supply to everyone because it's the best company to work for.
ok
Credit Administrator (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 3, 2014
assistant to finance director, varies reports, and collections
PICK PACK SHIP
Healthcare Sr. Manager, Healthcare Sales (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: footprint for the lower 48
Cons: management choices to lead sales teams
Develop a sales team, organize a profitable sales and marketing team. Provide product at a fair price. Pick, Pack, Ship.
Very rewarding if you work for it
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: working by yourself
Cons: pay your gas and tolls, work 6 or 7 days every week
The job can be very tough at times. Installation VS sales can be difficult to deal with. If everything goes smooth it can be very rewarding!
Good place to work.
Warehouse Associate. Operations Support. (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Good place to work. Hours were good. People were friendly. Pay was reasonable. Location was close to home. Unfortunately I was layed off October 31 2008 and haven't returned.
great place to work at
Receiving (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job security
management was good. it was fast paced and the employees were friendly, we got free food and we had holiday parties
The company as a whole is very nice to work at
AR Senior Processor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches on companies anniversary
Cons: only 1/2 lunches
•Full cycle of wire payments, receiving, posting and reconciling
•Returned Items, reversing and reapplying to the customer’s account.
learned new software system SAP
My co-workers were a great group of people who worked hard to meet their stats and goals.
Hardest part of job was time management to get what needed to be done when management wanted it – more... done, monthend. – less

About HD Supply

HD Supply is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. We provide a broad range of products and value-add services – Read more