HD Supply Employee Reviews

Need more stimulation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 November 2013
HD Suppy was a great place to work with everything that you ever wanted out of a job, except enough work. I need to have more stimulation in a job, otherwise I would still be employed there.
Pros
Close to home, nice people, good benefits and pay
Cons
Not enough to keep me busy
Full-time position with good benefits.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2013
Full-time position as a shipping/receiving clerk. Day consisted of unloading and loading trucks and picking orders. Co-workers seemed to be a little more held back and kept to themselves. Although co-workers weren't as friendly, my job at hand was not effected. I resigned due to long commute on subway and conflicted with my lifestyle.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Long commute, no drivers license at the time.
Loved the job, but needed to pay the bills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 September 2013
Typical day;
Manage customers that come the store or phone in orders
Maintain and shelve stock
Make outbound calls and visits to customers to increase sales
Display and organize product
Ship and receive product

I really did like this job, the environment was great and the management was wonderful. However they are a corporation, and as such they painted all employees with generally the same brush. I had worked very hard, exceeded my goals and they simply brushed me off when I asked for increased pay.
Pros
Great environment, fast paced
Cons
Corporate structure
Great Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2013
Great company, great people, this is the type of company you want to work for they really take care of their human capital here.
Pros
Everything about the company is a pro
Cons
no cons I can think of
Productive and interactive place to work
Customer Service/Order Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan,ON5 August 2013
A truly familiar experience working and learning fastners and power tools as my experience in working with power tools at Black & Decker helped. Fast paced environment with many interactions with internal staff. Built many new relationships. Orientation PK101 week was very helpful, interactive and knowledgeable.
A company in growth mode
Sr Manager Training & Sales Force Effectiveness (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 July 2013
HD Supply is working to become a customer focused, national player in the industrial and constuction supply space
They hired me on tempoary contract, many were let go when i was working there
Credit & Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario12 November 2012
Answer all email and voice mail for the first hour, per-approve credit applications; call up customer for payment information, release credit holds.
I learn a little about the Construction Industry, who to give credit to and who not to extend credit to.
My manager was a terrific person, always ready to lend a hand and motivate his team.
No distortion here; it was a really hot political environment to work under, I was considered a threat to my co-worker because I was new temporary employee and I was doing very well productivity wise, many people have already lost jobs.

There was no hard part about this job, being the temp- they loaded the work on me but I endured.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping out the customers, many of our customers thanked me for my determination to sort out their problems and the
Salesmen also liked me and even brought me treats, Coffee and donuts.
Pros
many free dinners & lunches
Cons
it was only tempoary
Not a bad place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  BURNABY, BC24 July 2012
Good atmosphere and the people are great to work with. Wages could be better but management is not the strongest but somehow it seems to work. Could be better with the right people at the top.
Pros
clean
Cons
too much inexperiance with management when they know nothing about lighting
Workplace full of learning opportunity
Sales Counter Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2012
Brafasco was a great learning experience through customer service.
Pros
great customer's
Cons
no job security