HD Supply Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great people poor management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 September 2016
District managers and above have their own agenda that unfortunately has no regard for those people they are expected to work with in the branches.
Branch level staff are a pleasure to work with.
Not the same values that the company once had.
Pros
branch staff
Cons
expect you to live to work rather than work to live
Job summary
Product Specialist, Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 October 2016
I was product specialist on the road, developing new customers and maintaining old ones. I was selling everything the deals with electrical and lighting. clientele were - electricians, engineering.
the ambiance was excellent, benefits and salary was also good.
Do your research before joining this company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto19 April 2014
There is no positives when it comes to this company. Make sure you do your research if interested in joining HD Supply Canada. Question why they would close down a complete division and also multiple locations in their industrial side when the competion is opening up more branches.

Leaders lack knowledge in the field and are the true definition of bosses! Don't look at HD for leadership.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too many to name
Full-time position with good benefits.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2013
Full-time position as a shipping/receiving clerk. Day consisted of unloading and loading trucks and picking orders. Co-workers seemed to be a little more held back and kept to themselves. Although co-workers weren't as friendly, my job at hand was not effected. I resigned due to long commute on subway and conflicted with my lifestyle.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Long commute, no drivers license at the time.
Wonderful and very enjoyable working environment
ORDER PICKER\PACKER\SHIPPER (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 December 2013
I would hv to say that HD supply was my staple that helped me to realize that I really enjoyed working in a warehouse environment. I really loved working there. Staff and bosses were just amazing. I learned so much from working with Rf scanners to receiving and picking and packing and shipping orders.
Sales
BUSINESS SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  scarborough ontario2 July 2015
Providing amazing customer service while, driving the sales to generate a company growth and a positive team environment.
They hired me on tempoary contract, many were let go when i was working there
Credit & Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario12 November 2012
Answer all email and voice mail for the first hour, per-approve credit applications; call up customer for payment information, release credit holds.
I learn a little about the Construction Industry, who to give credit to and who not to extend credit to.
My manager was a terrific person, always ready to lend a hand and motivate his team.
No distortion here; it was a really hot political environment to work under, I was considered a threat to my co-worker because I was new temporary employee and I was doing very well productivity wise, many people have already lost jobs.

There was no hard part about this job, being the temp- they loaded the work on me but I endured.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping out the customers, many of our customers thanked me for my determination to sort out their problems and the
Salesmen also liked me and even brought me treats, Coffee and donuts.
Pros
many free dinners & lunches
Cons
it was only tempoary
Great Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2013
Great company, great people, this is the type of company you want to work for they really take care of their human capital here.
Pros
Everything about the company is a pro
Cons
no cons I can think of
A company in growth mode
Sr Manager Training & Sales Force Effectiveness (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 July 2013
HD Supply is working to become a customer focused, national player in the industrial and constuction supply space