HD Supply

HD Supply Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Do your research before joining this company
Sales (Former Employee), TorontoApril 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: too many to name
There is no positives when it comes to this company. Make sure you do your research if interested in joining HD Supply Canada. Question why they would close down a complete division and also multiple locations in their industrial side when the competion is opening up more branches.

Leaders lack knowledge in the field and are the true definition of – more... bosses! Don't look at HD for leadership. – less
Wonderful and very enjoyable working environment
ORDER PICKER\PACKER\SHIPPER (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 12, 2013
I would hv to say that HD supply was my staple that helped me to realize that I really enjoyed working in a warehouse environment. I really loved working there. Staff and bosses were just amazing. I learned so much from working with Rf scanners to receiving and picking and packing and shipping orders.
Full-time position with good benefits.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: long commute, no drivers license at the time.
Full-time position as a shipping/receiving clerk. Day consisted of unloading and loading trucks and picking orders. Co-workers seemed to be a little more held back and kept to themselves. Although co-workers weren't as friendly, my job at hand was not effected. I resigned due to long commute on subway and conflicted with my lifestyle.
Great Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: everything about the company is a pro
Cons: no cons i can think of
Great company, great people, this is the type of company you want to work for they really take care of their human capital here.
A company in growth mode
Sr Manager Training & Sales Force Effectiveness (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 30, 2013
HD Supply is working to become a customer focused, national player in the industrial and constuction supply space
They hired me on tempoary contract, many were let go when i was working there
Credit & Collections Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 12, 2012
Pros: many free dinners & lunches
Cons: it was only tempoary
Answer all email and voice mail for the first hour, per-approve credit applications; call up customer for payment information, release credit holds.
I learn a little about the Construction Industry, who to give credit to and who not to extend credit to.
My manager was a terrific person, always ready to lend a hand and motivate his team.
No distortion – more... here; it was a really hot political environment to work under, I was considered a threat to my co-worker because I was new temporary employee and I was doing very well productivity wise, many people have already lost jobs.

There was no hard part about this job, being the temp- they loaded the work on me but I endured.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping out the customers, many of our customers thanked me for my determination to sort out their problems and the
Salesmen also liked me and even brought me treats, Coffee and donuts. – less
just work
Receiving/Stocker (Former Employee), Montebello, CADecember 14, 2014
it was just a job for me i got it right out of high school its more of a lowes and home depot in one place work days were just unloading trucks and loading them i learned to deal with carriers and certain companys my co workers were all older didnt really know on a personal level
stay way!
warehouse associate 1 (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch every now and then
Cons: management, jerry, tim
This place is a joke. Under paid and you got to deal with a guy named jerry that is a total idiot the boss tim is a ocd drama queen. There is no way to advance in this place. The drivers are so lazy and moody. I worked there for 4 months and quit. I was a warehouse associate 1 and was treated like a slave why everyone were lazy. Juan is the only cool – more... one and a hard worker. – less
mom and pop work shop
Business Development Account Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2014
Lack of management. Upper Management has no clue. Low Pay, mediocre benefits.
great company, great people to work with..
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good hours when it was busy and good benifits
Cons: not busy enough
hd supply is a fun warehouse and a safe environment to work in..
Good Place to work with Good People
Inside Sales Representative-Facilities Maintenance (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILDecember 2, 2014
Lots of calls and a busy fast paced day. The computer systems is dated which makes for a slow process. Could be much more efficient with a new system
It was a very fast pace job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: 1st shift hours
Cons: heath benefits are outstanding
It was a hard work but with the good traning I got ,I caught on really fast.
Productive Distribution Environmnent
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: employee recognition. excellent bonus incentive program
Cons: there were none.
A typical work day at HD Supply was fast paced an multi-tasking.
I learned many things. The most important thing I learned was how to be innovative and adjusting to adaptability in the industry. The management team was very supportive and very professional. My co-workers were very hard workers and team players. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... interacting with many associates with fine qualities. – less
Good work opportunity
SALES/ESTIMATOR (Former Employee), Ogden, UTNovember 12, 2014
Pros: ot
Cons: lacked teamwork
Lots of OT available; good training. Prepared bids, handled incoming phone inquiries, managed material delivery to job sites.
Inside Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fresno, CANovember 11, 2014
Enter orders and bids. Assist manger and outside saleman with inquiries about uncoming jobs.
an enjoyable job but not for future advancement
Order Picker (Current Employee), Industrial Dr.November 6, 2014
HD supply is a decent place to work, yet it is not a place with good raises or the best benefits. I would say that it is a place where you get by and look for a better opportunity.
Always busy
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), North Hollywood,CANovember 3, 2014
I start the day by doing pre-ops on each forklift. Then, i start offloading the trucks that come in. Im mostly in charge of the window that we get, which is special order windows or regular stock windows. its fairly easy job.
NA
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
GREAT COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great place to work
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Calera, ALOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: short lunches
love the environment!!! great company to work for. great customer satisfaction
pretty decent job
shipping/recieving (Former Employee), Florence, NJOctober 28, 2014
Pros: time went by fast
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at hd supply consist of me loading the trucks or me taking boxes from off the line and and putting them on a pallet.

1 2 3 4 5

About HD Supply

HD Supply is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. We provide a broad range of products and value-add services – Read more