HD Supply

HD Supply Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Do your research before joining this company
Sales (Former Employee), TorontoApril 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: too many to name
There is no positives when it comes to this company. Make sure you do your research if interested in joining HD Supply Canada. Question why they would close down a complete division and also multiple locations in their industrial side when the competion is opening up more branches.

Leaders lack knowledge in the field and are the true definition of – more... bosses! Don't look at HD for leadership. – less
Wonderful and very enjoyable working environment
ORDER PICKER\PACKER\SHIPPER (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 12, 2013
I would hv to say that HD supply was my staple that helped me to realize that I really enjoyed working in a warehouse environment. I really loved working there. Staff and bosses were just amazing. I learned so much from working with Rf scanners to receiving and picking and packing and shipping orders.
Full-time position with good benefits.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: long commute, no drivers license at the time.
Full-time position as a shipping/receiving clerk. Day consisted of unloading and loading trucks and picking orders. Co-workers seemed to be a little more held back and kept to themselves. Although co-workers weren't as friendly, my job at hand was not effected. I resigned due to long commute on subway and conflicted with my lifestyle.
Great Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: everything about the company is a pro
Cons: no cons i can think of
Great company, great people, this is the type of company you want to work for they really take care of their human capital here.
A company in growth mode
Sr Manager Training & Sales Force Effectiveness (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 30, 2013
HD Supply is working to become a customer focused, national player in the industrial and constuction supply space
They hired me on tempoary contract, many were let go when i was working there
Credit & Collections Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 12, 2012
Pros: many free dinners & lunches
Cons: it was only tempoary
Answer all email and voice mail for the first hour, per-approve credit applications; call up customer for payment information, release credit holds.
I learn a little about the Construction Industry, who to give credit to and who not to extend credit to.
My manager was a terrific person, always ready to lend a hand and motivate his team.
No distortion – more... here; it was a really hot political environment to work under, I was considered a threat to my co-worker because I was new temporary employee and I was doing very well productivity wise, many people have already lost jobs.

There was no hard part about this job, being the temp- they loaded the work on me but I endured.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping out the customers, many of our customers thanked me for my determination to sort out their problems and the
Salesmen also liked me and even brought me treats, Coffee and donuts. – less
Very Productive workers, Hard working men and woman that know how to get the job done.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great work place
I actually had a very good time working there, I have nothing bad to say about HD Supply.Very good workers. Days went by fast and easy.
Business Systems Analyst-SAP (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, work from home
Cons: salary not competitve enough. not much focus on training, you have to learn as you go, on your own.
I have been here for a year or so. I started as an intern and I really enjoyed it so far. Management is very flexible and not so hands on where you don't hardly feel any pressure. Yet the work gets done. I wish the pay was more competitive. May it is because I started as an intern that they still see me as a newbie and did not make a competitive offer. – more... Maybe not, I can't say. – less
Detail oriented
Tax Accountant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2014
Detail oriented and deadline driven. Ability to analyze large amounts of data to create reports that meet compliance guidelines.
Lead Manifester (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 31, 2014
A typical day would be ensure that all orders are selected and shipped out properly in a fast pace environment. You will definite get your exercise.
HD Supply
Day loader (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 30, 2014
Hd Supply is a great company to work for, however, I have goals to move up and grow with this company and although I try in every opportunity I can get, management does not seem to try to help me advance.
Great place.
Selector/Checker (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: no saturday/sunday
Cons: expect too much
Productive and good place to work. They have foosball and ping pong table you can enjoy during your breaks. Co-workers are great. Always helping each other.
hard work but steady
Installer (Former Employee), northcarolina&southcarolinaJuly 20, 2014
Duties included helping install windows and doors, clean up debris, and finishing trim.
Data Entry, Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: healthcare
Enjoyable place to work, Management is great, and I love working with the customers.
fun with associates
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: extra pay outs
Cons: some times 12 to 14hr days
fun with associate and company meetings . learn different jobs and time management
Great Place to Work
Senior Special Orders Representative (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXJuly 2, 2014
best place I have worked so far. Management is great, trainers are very helpful, great environment.
Service oriented Field Sales
Field Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2014
Pros: home office
Cons: management
HD Supply acquired USA BlueBook who is a distributor focusing on municipalities water and waste water supplies. USA BlueBook was a web based distributor and hired on field account reps in the beginning of 2012.

I cover northern Ohio including just under 2000 accounts including counties, cities and smaller villages. Relationships are key for success.
Customer service
Customer service, Cashier, Guard shack (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 1, 2014
Working at Hd Supply was a nice experience. The friends that you will encounter and the trust that you get from your peers is wonderful. The hardest part of the job is when another employee doesn't show up and the supervisors are struggling when they are trying to get you to your break
Good Place to work
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: no set time
no Much opportunity for advancement. I don't want to go into any more details
Productive Workplace
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2014
Large company and industry leader but slow to adapt to change. Works hard to be flexible if not nimble.

1 2 3 4 5