HD Supply

HD Supply Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HD Supply is a growing company in a thriving industry
NATIONAL PRODUCT MANAGER - BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 6, 2014
HD Supply offers a lot of opportunities for junior candidates to excel and attain professional experience.
Do your research before joining this company
Sales (Former Employee), TorontoApril 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: too many to name
There is no positives when it comes to this company. Make sure you do your research if interested in joining HD Supply Canada. Question why they would close down a complete division and also multiple locations in their industrial side when the competion is opening up more branches.

Leaders lack knowledge in the field and are the true definition of bosses! Don't look at HD for leadership.
Wonderful and very enjoyable working environment
ORDER PICKER\PACKER\SHIPPER (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 12, 2013
I would hv to say that HD supply was my staple that helped me to realize that I really enjoyed working in a warehouse environment. I really loved working there. Staff and bosses were just amazing. I learned so much from working with Rf scanners to receiving and picking and packing and shipping orders.
Full-time position with good benefits.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: long commute, no drivers license at the time.
Full-time position as a shipping/receiving clerk. Day consisted of unloading and loading trucks and picking orders. Co-workers seemed to be a little more held back and kept to themselves. Although co-workers weren't as friendly, my job at hand was not effected. I resigned due to long commute on subway and conflicted with my lifestyle.
Great Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: everything about the company is a pro
Cons: no cons i can think of
Great company, great people, this is the type of company you want to work for they really take care of their human capital here.
A company in growth mode
Sr Manager Training & Sales Force Effectiveness (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 30, 2013
HD Supply is working to become a customer focused, national player in the industrial and constuction supply space
They hired me on tempoary contract, many were let go when i was working there
Credit & Collections Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 12, 2012
Pros: many free dinners & lunches
Cons: it was only tempoary
Answer all email and voice mail for the first hour, per-approve credit applications; call up customer for payment information, release credit holds.
I learn a little about the Construction Industry, who to give credit to and who not to extend credit to.
My manager was a terrific person, always ready to lend a hand and motivate his team.
No distortion here; it was a really hot political environment to work under, I was considered a threat to my co-worker because I was new temporary employee and I was doing very well productivity wise, many people have already lost jobs.

There was no hard part about this job, being the temp- they loaded the work on me but I endured.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping out the customers, many of our customers thanked me for my determination to sort out their problems and the
Salesmen also liked me and even brought me treats, Coffee and donuts.

About HD Supply

HD Supply is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. We provide a broad range of products and value-add services – Read more