HBO

HBO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place with a great product
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), TXJuly 3, 2014
working at HBO is nothing but a really fun time. You can be creative and yourself. It is really fun to work for a company that has such a great lineup of television
Productive and challenging working environment
VP, Prog. Ops. - Prog. Technical Service and Ops (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Some of the most talented people in the industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork within the company and interaction with outside vendors and clients.
Productive and Very Knowledge Enriched Environment
Broadcast Engineer (Basement Engineer) (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: great on the job training
Cons: short staffed...and working contract.
Great place to be, learning a great deal. Intelligent Management...fair and great to work with. Only issue is short staff and working contract does not give me the security that i need.
Innovative and demanding yet fun culture
Internal Temporary Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2013
HBO is a great place to work. As an internal temp I have been exposed to multiple departments throughout the company, and have had a variety of experiences.
Creative, fast-paced work environment
Assistant to Executive Producer Larry Charles (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2013
Pros: stimulating, creative work environment
Writer's and development assistant on multiple projects.

Most enjoyable part: working with extraordinarily creative, talented people
Great Working Experience
Executive Assistant to the VP of Digital Products (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Pros: benefits, vacations, perks
Cons: they don't have an office in orlando where i am moving to get married.
HBO has absolutely been the best job that I have had. It provided me the opportunity to grow and excel in the business world. The people that I have had the pleasure of meeting have all been positive and fun to work with. Of course every company has its ups and downs but HBO provided me with far more ups than downs. Upper Management treated me with – more... dignity and respect and were pretty down to earth which was greatly appreciated. Co workers were always willing to lend a hand and help you understand a specific task or project we were working on to provide the best outcome for the team. We were definitely a team driven unit. The challenges I faced made me a stronger worker therefore I never saw any task that was hard for me to accomplish. We all must learn something new in order to grow. Providing a great service and being depended upon to my team is what I took most pleasure in. I am the consummate professional people person. I take pride in the work that I do and make it my mantra to be the best and give the best support possible. A typical day would be dealing with the paying of invoices, running expense reports, working with the legal teams on consultant contracts along with the ordering of computers, mobile devices and office necessities. HBO challenged me to be the best that I could be and I stand proudly and say I faced that challenged and overcame them all. – less
Free-Lance work
Voice over translation.English/Portuguese (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 28, 2013
Worked as a Free-Lance. As a Voice Over translator for several MMA events, to be aired/broadcasted in Brazil.
HBO is a great place to work!
Director of Development (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 22, 2013
The most enjoyable part of working for HBO are the people! Great colleagues and even greater clients. Working with A-List Celebrities during the development process for television programming was an amazing experience!
Enjoyable work experience. Great work/life balance
Digital Media Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 12, 2013
Pros: gym
Cons: in new york
Friendly and generous employees, ready to teach and mentor and encourage advancement.
Excellent programming and creative environment
Associate Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2013
I had the opportunity to work on a lot of different projects and work with a wide array of creative individuals.
Managing daily security operation of the airport.
Security Director (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: excellent enviroment of profesional of many law enforcement agency fbi, dea, customs, imigration, state police, tsa, faa, private sector etc.
Cons: want to grow, people dont retire.i'm a leader. i love law enforcement.
Control all access check point to the airport including airfield. Traffic control of plane and vehicules. Plan of daily airline activities, lost and found procedures.Emergency plan, storms,bomb threads etc
First-rate company with great learning opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2012
First-rate company with great learning opportunities in the television and new media landscape.
Fun place to work with a lot of potential to learn and grow
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2012
Pros: you get 15% off on hbo shop items, sometimes get to see free pre-release of movies/series
Cons: dont think there are any
This is a very nice organization to be in especially because of it's domain - Media.

Apart from the exciting work/products/packages one gets to work on there is a good amount of liberty given to an employee to learn and grow in the field he/she wishes to.

The management is very supportive and encouraging.

All in all it is a fun place to be.
There is a reason HBO is looked up to in the business
Writer / Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2012
Across the board, HBO is really a great place to work. From the upper management to the coworkers, everyone is really just a pleasure to work with on a daily basis. When you learn from the best, you take the best with you. I learned a lot about the business of TV there and it has helped me immensely at other places I've worked. The hardest part of my – more... job was the hours. The best part of my job were the people and being able to point at something on TV and say, I did that. – less
Great company to work for..... Exciting environment
Sr. Sales Development Executive (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 19, 2012
Pros: trips, networking opporunity
Cons: career advancement
Great company. I learned how to be a productive and valuable employee.
Good
Onsite-POC (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2012
Working with Applabs gained great knowledge and have employee benifits more.
No room for growth
Marketing Accountant (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 27, 2012
Pros: great team to work for
Cons: long hours
Company is great but the position did not allow room for advancement
Trabajar en un proyecto internacional siempre es positivo
Coordinador de Contenidos (Former Employee), Madrid, MDMay 30, 2014
A pesar de que fue bastante duro, es una experiencia de la que me siento muy orgulloso. He podido participar en un proyecto audiovisual que se está emitiendo en todo el continente americano. El ambiente de trabajo era excepcional, lo que lo hizo bastante más fácil.

About HBO

America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and – Read more