HBO

HBO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience at a world class company
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 4, 2014
My job consists of full AR operations along with heavy reporting. Managing a staff of three in a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity to learn.
Great company to work for.
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, New YorkNovember 11, 2014
HBO provides a great working environment for all of their employees. All levels of staff are friendly and helpful. Being such a renowned entertainment company, there were always perks, discounts, contests, show previews to all staff. Like any other job, biggest challenges were working under pressure with constant changing deadlines forcing you to manage – more... your priorities accordingly and handle workload diligently. – less
Great Company, but no advancement
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
HBO is a great place to work with a great reputation in the industry. However, there is little room for advancement and little of interest to do each day besides the end product.
A great company with a wonderful culture
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2014
There are not many company's like HBO. At their core they care about their people and the product they produce. HBO will always have a special place in my heart.
Systems Operations Analyst
System Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Coupeville, WAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the staff at whidbey were good to work with.
Cons: lost 18 years of seniority with the change of employers.
HBO & Company was later bought by McKesson Pharmaceuticals and they became McKesson Technologies that has an outsourcing division and this group took over the support of the information systems department at Whidbey General in 1995. My daily duties were performing daily back-ups, printing and distributing reports and various special forms to the appropriate – more... departments. Processed payroll, did data entry of charges, payments and adjustments. Took Help Desk calls, provided troubleshooting support to the various departments throughout the hospital and managed the hospital Charge Master. – less
Adminsitrative asst.
Administrative tasks (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: met all new hires
My job requirements were keeping a calender for the VP of Human Resources. I also answered calls, took messages, particpated in meetings with the entire Human Resources department. I filed employee records, conducted the new hire oriention.
Fun Work Place
Voice Over Artist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: no benefits
Love a job that has great benefits Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Outstanding Admin
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: 401k and retirement
Cons: not enough work
I am here to do whatever needs to be done in a support manner. My job is complete administrative work.
Very Good
Voice Over Artist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Head of Production,

Attached is my resume, to seek employment with you company. I am seeking employment
in your programming department or production department. With my proven track record in the entertainment industry, I feel
I can be asset to your company. I do look forward, to schedule an interview in the future, with your company.
Demanding Boss, Overwhelming Expectations
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 20, 2014
Pros: very high pay
Cons: very long hours, unreasonable expectations from boss.
My typical day would be on the computer writing reports and rechecking calculations. While I enjoyed the job, My boss (owner) and myself were great friends prior to this business adventure and I think this perhaps doomed us from the start. I did learn a great deal about high-stress, last business deal closings, how to handle such stress, maintain composure, – more... in order to achieve the best outcome for both parties involved. This experienece was very valuable to me. – less
Forward-thinking TV company with great work/life balance programs.
Manager - Enterprises Dept (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Starting my career at HBO as a Contract Analyst and quickly rising to Manager, I was immersed in the Television Sales business from the bottom up and understand the importance of every step in the process. I also bear witness to how quickly the industry is evolving in regards to new media and platforms. As a Manager, I supervise a team of Contract Analysts. – more... I learned to provide effective feedback, delegate wisely, and prioritize, while creating a sense of teamwork. Also as a Manager, I oversee our Rights Management Database and utilize our reporting database to build, edit, and interpret reports based on specific queries from all levels of management. I work with large volumes of data and thrive on creating order out of chaos. – less
Fun place with a great product
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), TXJuly 3, 2014
working at HBO is nothing but a really fun time. You can be creative and yourself. It is really fun to work for a company that has such a great lineup of television
Supportive and nurturing working environment
Film Programming & Acquisitions Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
I worked with some of the best and brightest people in the business. My work was appreciated and utilized on a consistent basis. Through out my tenure, I broadened my network and had the pleasure of learning about multiple facets of the company.
Great perks, not so great culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2014
In my experience, HBO's corporate environment and archaic business practice and management style are not a fit for me - a little shocking for such an innovative brand when it comes to content. Difficult to move up/around from Manager level positions.

Compensation, perks and work/life balance, however, are probably the best in the industry.
Productive and challenging working environment
VP, Prog. Ops. - Prog. Technical Service and Ops (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Some of the most talented people in the industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork within the company and interaction with outside vendors and clients.
Productive and Very Knowledge Enriched Environment
Broadcast Engineer (Basement Engineer) (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: great on the job training
Cons: short staffed...and working contract.
Great place to be, learning a great deal. Intelligent Management...fair and great to work with. Only issue is short staff and working contract does not give me the security that i need.
Supported creativity and innovation. Never had to worry about how I was going to balance work and home life.
Director of Community Affairs (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAFebruary 24, 2014
I was able to know many of my co-workers on a level few ever saw in the workplace. I was able to realize the depth of their kindness and compassion and the absolute best of what HBO had to offer. I was able to play a large part in making a difference in the lives of many in the community and this was largely supported at the highest level.

There will – more... never be another working experience like the one I had at HBO but it was time to move on and look at the world from another angle. I left this job under the most extraordinary terms and I'm a much richer person for having had this tremendous opportunity. – less
Entertainment Leader
Manager, Program Scheduling Administration (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free in-house movie screenings.
Cons: i work remotely from virginia and often miss the socialization of being in the office.
HBO is the entertainment leader in the country. It's exciting to work with creative movie-lovers in the scheduling department. I have had the opportunity to perfect my management skill sets during the 24 years I've worked for this company.
Workplace with Summer Fridays
Accountant, Controller (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: summer fridays, closed the last week of the year
This working environment is different based on group. Summer Fridays are a plus. Working from Home is not common. Very by the book with rules.
Innovative and demanding yet fun culture
Internal Temporary Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2013
HBO is a great place to work. As an internal temp I have been exposed to multiple departments throughout the company, and have had a variety of experiences.

1 2 3

About HBO

America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and – Read more