HBO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work. No room for advancement.
ENCODING COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYJanuary 5, 2016
Good place to work, but no room to move up.

The Managers are competent hard working.

The people there are great to work with.
Life changing opportunity spent at one of the most well-known entertainment companies.
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 22, 2015
• Attended weekly seminars led by the senior leaders of HBO and participated in focus groups
• Assisted with projects in the HBO Health Center provided for the employees of HBO through their Wellness Program
I was an assistant to an Investment Banker
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2015
Pros: Income
Cons: Long hours, No Benefits, On call
The hours were long, although the pay was rewarding. I learned many things in the investment arena, but overall, This experience was very negative.
Professional evironment
Programming Technical Services & Operations (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAOctober 21, 2015
HBO is a great company to work for. The benefits and salary are extremely excellent. Management is professional and work environment is friendly.
fun
Video Film Archivist (Former Employee), los anglesOctober 20, 2015
Always running into celebrities. Good perks. Great Christmas presents. Flexible hours. Lots of parties Great access to mentorships.
Great culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 24, 2015
Fast-paced environment. Awesome finance management; employees treated with respect. Hours are great and team-spirit is alive and well at HBO.
HBO
BI Senior Developer (Former Employee), MUMBAI/New YorkSeptember 9, 2015
New YORK TEAM was the best team to work with.
- Management was supportive and encouraging
- Employees were encouraged to excel
Master Control Operator (Former Employee), Happauge, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Great place to work, Salary
Cons: None
This is a great place to work. VP has daily interactions with you and there are several meetings a day to keep everyone working there in the loop for everything going on. Pool table, Kitchen, Lounge, ping pong table.
A good friendly working place.
Java developer (Former Employee), NYCAugust 31, 2015
I had a good working experience in HBO in the past 10 years. It is a company cares about their employees. I learned a lot from working there.
Great company that takes very good care of it's employees
Encoding Coordinator (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYAugust 26, 2015
I think HBO is a fantastic place to work. I worked in Hauppauge which as a 24 hour facility, and the company always knew how to take care of you whether it be a storm or the holiday season. Employees are all very welcoming and genuine.
Wonderful co-workers, very hard work
Process Coordinator (Former Employee), CaracasAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Good ambiance
Cons: Low wages
Working on TV always represents a lot of under pressure work, especially when you're working with a whole Continent's viewers, but of course it allows you to learn so many things and they count with amazing people to work with.
Unfortunely, wage isn't that good.
Enjoyable place to work
Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable place to work
Cons: Not a great place to learn new things
Very much the same thing every day, Very predictable environment. Didn't enjoy the work, It was the same thing everyday.
HBO
Account E (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Great company culture. A lot of young people work here. Very difficult to move up because no one ever leaves. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone.
FUN and PRODUCTIVE
QA Engineer (Former Employee), NYApril 1, 2015
Learned a lot from working here. Benefits were pretty good. Performed different types of testing. Environment was clean and co-workers were pretty great to work with. Very interesting and fun environment.
Marketing and Administrative Assistant
Marketing and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits, location, training
Cons: it was a great company sorry they moved to new york
Administered Marketing campaigns

Developing creative promotional items for clients

Management was more a co-worker and gave me freedom to use my talent

Best friends I still have

Handling the financial responsibilities when the management was not in office and at hand for questions on their personal expenditures

Programming and special events.
Great work environment and people.
Media Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
It was a great place to work with great people. I had amazing co-workers and supervisors who were always there to help. Overall, a well run company.
Great people and good environment
Senior Business Objects Developer / Technical Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
HBO is a great place to work at. The management truly cares about your professional and personal matters. Good opportunities for career growth.
Strategic Marketing, Planning, Drving Result, Optimization
Assistant Manager Promotion Planning and Analysis (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: company reputation, healthcare benefits, office space, stability
Cons: slow to modernize, lack of growth due to employee tenure
I am responsible for the strategic planning and promotion of HBO and Cinemax programming across linear and non-linear platforms. On a typical day in the office, I will gather all information (ie. research predictions, ratings, post analysis reports) pertaining to upcoming campaigns and create a unique on air marketing strategy to maximize reach and effectiveness. Based on our on air strategy we will then align our plan with MAX GO, HBO GO and On Demand, to maximize reach and frequency. Once these plans have been formulated and approved by upper management, my team then informs the creative team and assets are created and released based on the planning strategy and implement the plan. Once our plans have been set into motion, we then track the campaign monitoring its progression and ensure proper pacing and results.
I also attend daily meetings with Information Technology as we work on a software development to optimize promotion planning and tracking.
I most enjoy the creativity and strategy part of the business. It's also satisfying to see results that impact the business as a whole, such as the optimization of software for the department. The most difficult part of the business is pleasing all parties when there are so many ongoing campaigns at one time and prioritizing the campaigns based on available air time.
Excellent App
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Supported scheduling and distribution for Broadband, Electronic
Sell-Through, and Int'l VOD platforms, both existing and emerging for
"MIND" application. Created and used SQL queries to do analysis of data.
Led and managed UAT cycle, a comprehensive cycle that involved
interface with all business areas, testing all aspects of the applications,
data verification and reporting. Attended daily SCRUM meetings and
AGILE program development are part of the cycle. Attended PMO
meetings.
Winter is coming
Mac IT Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great environment, helpful atmosphere, low stress, game of thrones!
Cons: worked as a consultant so no healthcare, vacation pay or other benefits.
Working for this company has been the first time I have been employed in an enterprise environment. Coming from the hustle and bustle of performing Helpdesk support this was a welcomed change in pace. Assisting fellow employees is not as exhaustive as assisting customers. Great place to work even more impressive swag due to all the shows that HBO produces.
Industry