HBO Employee Reviews

IT department needs improvement
IT Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NY12 September 2016
-There is no opportunity for advancement.
-The management is very difficult to work with.
-The job culture is not positive or motivating in any way.
-The work/life balance is very good.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
everything else
Wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NY30 August 2016
I loved working here. My boss was amazing, as were the other people I came into contact with every day. We worked hard but had fun too. HBO really knew how to take care of their employees. I would still be there if I didn't make the mistake of moving to Chicago.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Pay wasn't fabulous
Love it here!
Recruiter/Sourcer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 July 2016
I absolutely love working here. Everyone's very nice and super helpful!
Excellent place to work for. There is good worklife balance. very professional environment and reasonable work from home options.
HBO is a great company to work for. The benefits and salary are extremely excellent. Management is professional and work environment is friendly.
Excellent place to work for.
Sr Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 July 2016
no comment
Sale Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NY12 May 2016
• Perform sales duties and assisting customers, while provide positive experience
• Assess effective visual merchandise layouts and comply with merchandising requirements
• Perform general administrative duties including customer assistance, organization during purchase and the announcement of sales suggestions and specials
• Experience with Microsoft Words, Excel and Outlook
Great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY15 April 2016
Fast-paced environment. Awesome finance management; employees treated with respect. Hours are great and team-spirit is alive and well at HBO.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Career advancement can be difficult
you will learn everyday
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 April 2016
Being the media domain workplace its very details oriented. helpful and gentle people are working here with profession in their mind. handling pressure is the key here.
Great place to work in a great industry.
CTO & Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Budapest Hungary.18 January 2016
I have been working for HBO Europe for over eight years, in a company whose mission is to provide a premium entertainment product for consumers, to be not only technologically agnostic but also to perfect the art of telling entertaining, compelling stories.
During HBO Europe’s evolution we have driven a continuing need to implement technological advancements that underpin the company’s desire to generate increased revenue. I view technology and its exploitation as a vital factor within the organization and also as part of a continuing improvement of high quality service for the consumer.
I see myself as being responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision, and leading all aspects of the company’s technology development. The CTO is ultimately responsible for the development and operation of the company technical services and IT infrastructure.
I am a team-builder – coaching and supporting their direct reports to excel, and creating a culture of can-do excellence within the technology team.
This involves taking ownership, making decisions and being professional throughout the undertaking of the role. Requiring a high level of maturity, leadership ability and broad knowledge makes me especially capable of managing large groups of people and getting results. The following, to give a deeper insight into my experience and leadership style, that may be deemed as appropriate for role.
Good place to work. No room for advancement.
ENCODING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY5 January 2016
Good place to work, but no room to move up.

The Managers are competent hard working.

The people there are great to work with.
Life changing opportunity spent at one of the most well-known entertainment companies.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 December 2015
• Attended weekly seminars led by the senior leaders of HBO and participated in focus groups
• Assisted with projects in the HBO Health Center provided for the employees of HBO through their Wellness Program
I was an assistant to an Investment Banker
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO28 November 2015
The hours were long, although the pay was rewarding. I learned many things in the investment arena, but overall, This experience was very negative.
Pros
Income
Cons
Long hours, No Benefits, On call
Professional evironment
Programming Technical Services & Operations (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA21 October 2015
fun
Video Film Archivist (Former Employee) –  los angles20 October 2015
Always running into celebrities. Good perks. Great Christmas presents. Flexible hours. Lots of parties Great access to mentorships.
Great culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 September 2015
HBO
BI Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  MUMBAI/New York9 September 2015
New YORK TEAM was the best team to work with.
- Management was supportive and encouraging
- Employees were encouraged to excel
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Happauge, NY4 September 2015
This is a great place to work. VP has daily interactions with you and there are several meetings a day to keep everyone working there in the loop for everything going on. Pool table, Kitchen, Lounge, ping pong table.
Pros
Great place to work, Salary
Cons
A good friendly working place.
Java developer (Former Employee) –  NYC31 August 2015
I had a good working experience in HBO in the past 10 years. It is a company cares about their employees. I learned a lot from working there.
Great company that takes very good care of it's employees
Encoding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY26 August 2015
I think HBO is a fantastic place to work. I worked in Hauppauge which as a 24 hour facility, and the company always knew how to take care of you whether it be a storm or the holiday season. Employees are all very welcoming and genuine.
Wonderful co-workers, very hard work
Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Caracas17 August 2015
Working on TV always represents a lot of under pressure work, especially when you're working with a whole Continent's viewers, but of course it allows you to learn so many things and they count with amazing people to work with.
Unfortunely, wage isn't that good.
Pros
Good ambiance
Cons
Low wages
Enjoyable place to work
Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY30 July 2015
Very much the same thing every day, Very predictable environment. Didn't enjoy the work, It was the same thing everyday.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Not a great place to learn new things

4.3