HBO

HBO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FUN and PRODUCTIVE
QA Engineer (Former Employee), NYApril 1, 2015
Learned a lot from working here. Benefits were pretty good. Performed different types of testing. Environment was clean and co-workers were pretty great to work with. Very interesting and fun environment.
Marketing and Administrative Assistant
Marketing and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits, location, training
Cons: it was a great company sorry they moved to new york
Administered Marketing campaigns

Developing creative promotional items for clients

Management was more a co-worker and gave me freedom to use my talent

Best friends I still have

Handling the financial responsibilities when the management was not in office and at hand for questions on their personal expenditures

Programming and special events.
Great work environment and people.
Media Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
It was a great place to work with great people. I had amazing co-workers and supervisors who were always there to help. Overall, a well run company.
Great people and good environment
Senior Business Objects Developer / Technical Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
HBO is a great place to work at. The management truly cares about your professional and personal matters. Good opportunities for career growth.
Strategic Marketing, Planning, Drving Result, Optimization
Assistant Manager Promotion Planning and Analysis (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: company reputation, healthcare benefits, office space, stability
Cons: slow to modernize, lack of growth due to employee tenure
I am responsible for the strategic planning and promotion of HBO and Cinemax programming across linear and non-linear platforms. On a typical day in the office, I will gather all information (ie. research predictions, ratings, post analysis reports) pertaining to upcoming campaigns and create a unique on air marketing strategy to maximize reach and effectiveness. Based on our on air strategy we will then align our plan with MAX GO, HBO GO and On Demand, to maximize reach and frequency. Once these plans have been formulated and approved by upper management, my team then informs the creative team – more... and assets are created and released based on the planning strategy and implement the plan. Once our plans have been set into motion, we then track the campaign monitoring its progression and ensure proper pacing and results.
I also attend daily meetings with Information Technology as we work on a software development to optimize promotion planning and tracking.
I most enjoy the creativity and strategy part of the business. It's also satisfying to see results that impact the business as a whole, such as the optimization of software for the department. The most difficult part of the business is pleasing all parties when there are so many ongoing campaigns at one time and prioritizing the campaigns based on available air time. – less
Excellent App
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Supported scheduling and distribution for Broadband, Electronic
Sell-Through, and Int'l VOD platforms, both existing and emerging for
"MIND" application. Created and used SQL queries to do analysis of data.
Led and managed UAT cycle, a comprehensive cycle that involved
interface with all business areas, testing all aspects of the applications,
data verification and reporting. Attended daily SCRUM meetings and
AGILE program development are part of the cycle. Attended PMO
meetings.
Winter is coming
Mac IT Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great environment, helpful atmosphere, low stress, game of thrones!
Cons: worked as a consultant so no healthcare, vacation pay or other benefits.
Working for this company has been the first time I have been employed in an enterprise environment. Coming from the hustle and bustle of performing Helpdesk support this was a welcomed change in pace. Assisting fellow employees is not as exhaustive as assisting customers. Great place to work even more impressive swag due to all the shows that HBO produces.
Very challengin and fun place
QA Manager (Former Employee), New Yor NYDecember 11, 2014
Pros: fun work
Cons: bad upper managment
Very challenging and fun. Very smart people to work with. Working on cutting edge technology. Upper management does not seem to have a direction and can be frustrating at times.

There is a good work/life work balance. You can work from home when needed.
Great experience at a world class company
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 4, 2014
My job consists of full AR operations along with heavy reporting. Managing a staff of three in a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity to learn.
Great company to work for.
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, New YorkNovember 11, 2014
HBO provides a great working environment for all of their employees. All levels of staff are friendly and helpful. Being such a renowned entertainment company, there were always perks, discounts, contests, show previews to all staff. Like any other job, biggest challenges were working under pressure with constant changing deadlines forcing you to manage your priorities accordingly and handle workload diligently.
Great Company, but no advancement
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
HBO is a great place to work with a great reputation in the industry. However, there is little room for advancement and little of interest to do each day besides the end product.
A great company with a wonderful culture
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2014
There are not many company's like HBO. At their core they care about their people and the product they produce. HBO will always have a special place in my heart.
Systems Operations Analyst
System Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Coupeville, WAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the staff at whidbey were good to work with.
Cons: lost 18 years of seniority with the change of employers.
HBO & Company was later bought by McKesson Pharmaceuticals and they became McKesson Technologies that has an outsourcing division and this group took over the support of the information systems department at Whidbey General in 1995. My daily duties were performing daily back-ups, printing and distributing reports and various special forms to the appropriate departments. Processed payroll, did data entry of charges, payments and adjustments. Took Help Desk calls, provided troubleshooting support to the various departments throughout the hospital and managed the hospital Charge Master.
Adminsitrative asst.
Administrative tasks (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: met all new hires
My job requirements were keeping a calender for the VP of Human Resources. I also answered calls, took messages, particpated in meetings with the entire Human Resources department. I filed employee records, conducted the new hire oriention.
Fun Work Place
Voice Over Artist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: no benefits
Love a job that has great benefits Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Outstanding Admin
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: 401k and retirement
Cons: not enough work
I am here to do whatever needs to be done in a support manner. My job is complete administrative work.
Very Good
Voice Over Artist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Head of Production,

Attached is my resume, to seek employment with you company. I am seeking employment
in your programming department or production department. With my proven track record in the entertainment industry, I feel
I can be asset to your company. I do look forward, to schedule an interview in the future, with your company.
Demanding Boss, Overwhelming Expectations
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 20, 2014
Pros: very high pay
Cons: very long hours, unreasonable expectations from boss.
My typical day would be on the computer writing reports and rechecking calculations. While I enjoyed the job, My boss (owner) and myself were great friends prior to this business adventure and I think this perhaps doomed us from the start. I did learn a great deal about high-stress, last business deal closings, how to handle such stress, maintain composure, in order to achieve the best outcome for both parties involved. This experienece was very valuable to me.
Forward-thinking TV company with great work/life balance programs.
Manager - Enterprises Dept (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Starting my career at HBO as a Contract Analyst and quickly rising to Manager, I was immersed in the Television Sales business from the bottom up and understand the importance of every step in the process. I also bear witness to how quickly the industry is evolving in regards to new media and platforms. As a Manager, I supervise a team of Contract Analysts. I learned to provide effective feedback, delegate wisely, and prioritize, while creating a sense of teamwork. Also as a Manager, I oversee our Rights Management Database and utilize our reporting database to build, edit, and interpret reports based on specific queries from all levels of management. I work with large volumes of data and thrive on creating order out of chaos.
Fun place with a great product
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), TXJuly 3, 2014
working at HBO is nothing but a really fun time. You can be creative and yourself. It is really fun to work for a company that has such a great lineup of television

1 2 3

About HBO

America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and – Read more