Hbc

Hbc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very easy going.
Receiver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
-unloading trailers
-packing and sorting materials
-management is fare and understanding
-friendly and supporting
-everyday might be different so you sometimes have to adapt
-getting your job done and on schedule
team work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
In the 14 years I was there I was able to advance in the company
Multi units over Western Canada that allowed me to travel and see the country
Regional Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: lots of travelling within canada
Cons: long hours when you include the travel time
Demanding but exiting job as Regional Manager, able to meet people in different positions that are willing to meet and greet. Lot's of travelling that made the job very interesting. Reviewing successes and good results was the highlight of visits. Home office and Regional meetings were very enjoyable and productive. I miss the interaction with various – more... people. – less
A good placel to work when the children were young.
MMT - Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Erin Mills Town CenterOctober 30, 2013
Pros: being home with my children when they were young.
Cons: not getting enough sleep
I am a mother of 3 teenagers. I took time away from working in an office to work overnight, so that I would be home while they were still young. I stayed with Zellers/HBC as I liked the work I was doing as well as the people I worked with.

The night went by very fast as you were busy from the time you started to the time you went home. You did have – more... a quota of skids to be emptied, but if you did your job you got your work done.

My first supervisor was not always a pleasant person, but I was there to work, not socialize. We hardly saw management, and yes, sometimes felt forgotten.

The people I worked with had a good sense of humour and made the nights pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. I often had to pull my own skids on/and off the elevator. Some were over the recommended height, and the weight of some I felt was overly heavy.

The best part of my night, was when I was able to finish my work early and then help others. In return, they would come to help me if they finished early. – less
My overall dropped after the last change of ownership. Earned pay increases were lost to min. wage increases. ↓drive to achieve storewide
merchandise operations associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 2, 2013
Pros: staff discount, medical and dental benefits
Cons: new limitations on availability of staff discount
Mostly a positive experience. A manager and supervisor I liked and respected.Great camraderie between most associates. The best part was the regular customer that became Zellers family. The worst part was associates who skate by with no effort or consequences.
its ok
Full time - Cashier (Former Employee), sq1 mississauga ontNovember 29, 2012
manager at zellers was rude didnt like him rest of managment got along with talk to though facebook text
Fun,Good environment
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2012
Pros: complete time for break
Cons: flexible hours of work
Working like 25-30 hours a week.dealing with customer is much more interesting,Cool environment.
HBC review
Transport Driver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 14, 2012
Cons: long hours some times 12 to15 hours a day
started 3pm and i did pick-ups. also did delivery from wharehouse to wharehouse.met alot of new people management were good people as well as my co-workers a lot of differant people over the years.Nothing really hard and it was enjoyable because their was always something differant every day.
Productive and enjoyable and learn a lot of the company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), North YorkOctober 15, 2012
Pros: we have an hour lunch and a thirty minute break and co workers are amazing to work with
Cons: we have to go over and beyond in some occasions which can be challenging
The Bay is all about customer service and making customers leave happy. Hardest part of this job is to satisfy everyone especially when you have to deal with multiple customers at once due to low staffing on some occasions. I enjoy dealing with customers and helping them find what they need and also providing additional information about a product and – more... anything they are inquiring about that relates to what they are looking for. It is a multitasking job because you many tasks to accomplish and do it in a certain time frame. I enjoy working with my co-workers because we are like a family and we help each other when we are in need of help. To go over and beyond to help customers. – less
Keeps you on the run.
Hardline Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, OnSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: friday morning meetings.
Cons: some days long hours.
The knowledge that was provided and learned most amazing. Great teamwork among the team and management coaching style. Great challanges and trouble shooting problems everyday.
Work environment was confortable and celebrated birthdays monthly
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: the working enviroment was warm
Cons: not having any health benefit
A typical day at work includes processing credit for customers' account and shipping parts for customers following up with Canada Post for missing packages, and tracking packages via Purolator.

I have learned to be determine and followup with customer complaints.

I got along well with all my co-workers and management team.

The hardest part of the – more... wait was the waiting period, waiting for answers from companies and have irate customers and not being able to give an answer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with. They were always willing to listen and give a helping hand. – less
wonderful company
Sales Audit Associate (Temp) (Former Employee), toronto, ONAugust 16, 2012
Pros: group parties and great culture
Great team and leaders
weekends off
great pay and benefits
great support system
productive
Zellers (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCAugust 16, 2012
Pros: free snacks
Cons: short hours
short days, lots of work, learning new ways to put objects together, great management, great co-workers. the hardest job was cleaning up nasty spills. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people
Review
Supervisor (Former Employee), Listowel, ONAugust 4, 2012
I enjoyed everyday that I worked for Hbc. They were a growing company which allowed assoicates to learn new skills and advance as they saw fit. I had the opportunity to work in many areas of the business which gave me a very rounded view and challenged me to grow and keep motivated, The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers and helping them – more... with their many problem solving issues. The hardest part of the job was watching it close down. As a loyal associate I grew not only to enjoy the job and customers but also my co-workers. – less
Good working environment - learned many different skills and strengths.
Human Resources and Service Manager (Former Employee), London, OntarioJuly 10, 2012
Pros: held bbq days for staff and customers - very enjoyable. also various events in-store - contests, midnight madness sales, etc.
Cons: at times, additional tasks and longer hours required but no problem.
Excellent work environment. In my role as Human Resources and Service Manager I interacted daily with employees and customers. Job was very rewarding in helping to teach and guide as well as resolve and satisfy associates issues and concerns and provide great customer service to keep our customers loyal. Enjoyed working with my co-workers and I believe – more... my efforts to maintain a good morale within the store helped to make the workplace more enjoyable - very important. At times, needed to juggle many tasks and special events required longer hours and more work but the results proved successful. – less
I rellay love working with this company
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), PhilippinesOctober 7, 2014
Pros: training and incentives
Cons: overtime due to more demands
My long term experience in the service and retail industry has taught me how to deal with different types of people. Having a very good working environment/staff and supportive management I was able to meet target in upselling goods & services. I can say that the most hardest part of the job is when the customer cannot find the items he wants and I – more... need to encourage him to use our products.
I enjoyed being in the retail & service industry being so dedicated to meet the target of the company. – less
Productive and wonderful place of employment. Great benefits, staff and safe environment to work.
HBC/ GM Procurment Coordinator (Former Employee), Lancaster, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: employee benefits, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement program
Cons: nothing
Although I recently lost my job at American Sales due to a recent transition, I really enjoyed the people that I have worked with for the past 20 years that I was employed there. I have had the ability to grow within the organization and have learned many different areas of the distribution center. By having the opportunity to work in different areas – more... of the company it allowed me to take experiences from one department to another. I was able to create and maintain good communication with my fellow co-workers and learn a great deal from them. – less
productive
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), PhilippinesAugust 2, 2014
I have developed excellent communication skills during my stint with my previous company and am a very social person with a cheerful disposition that it was easy for me to interact with people from various nationalities.
A challenging work environment
Distribution and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, PAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work and co-workers
Cons: low staff and untrustworthy hr department.
I coordinate the efforts of the inventory team to identify and solve inventory issues during the production shift. I enjoy the challenge of problem solving. I have learned how to think outside the box to solve difficult issues. I enjoy my co-workers and immediate supervision.
The most difficult part of the job is staff retention and cross training through – more... out the different job types. – less
Nice people and good working place
Beauty Exclusive Sales Assistant / Cashier (Former Employee), PhilippinesJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare/ short breaks
• friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
• Process the cash payment, check payment, and credit cards transactions. Promoting/Endorsing product
• Part of the job is promoting the promo or products on sale.

*I learned how to be a good salesperson .

*The management is good in terms of handling – more... people.

*Good employee-employer relationship.

*The hardest part of my job is when there is a customer complaints but I know how to deal with it.

*The most enjoyable part of my job is when there is a customer satisfaction. – less

About Hbc

The Hudson's Bay Company, abbreviated HBC, or "The Bay" ("La Baie" in French) is the oldest commercial corporation in North America – Read more