Hazelwood Construction Services has an openings for a Field Engineer on one of our Hydroelectric projects throughout BC. The position involves working with the Project Manager and the Site Superintendent to conduct quality control inspections of the work, and to answer technical questions from the field crew. The successful candidate will work on a rotation basis and maybe posted at a camp on the project site.
Hazelwood’s scope of work usually includes installation of 2.40m diameter steel penstock in steep, rugged terrain, as well as various clearing, grubbing, and road building activities for the project sites.
The specific duties of the position include:
- Quality control inspection and management
- Quantity tracking
- Daily, weekly and monthly progress reporting
- Review of drawing revisions
- Project administration – document control, timecard entry, etc.
- Assist with survey layout
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with work planning and submittals
- Runner – expediting urgent materials and equipment as necessary
Candidates shall possess a bachelor’s degree in engineering or an engineering technology diploma, ideally in civil engineering. Candidates shall have at least one year of experience working on run-of-river hydro projects in British Columbia. Candidates are required to be:
- Knowledgeable about the construction standards and practices for run-of-river hydro projects in British Columbia.
- Experienced with Word and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Project is an asset.
- Exceptionally well-organized, and be proficient multi-taskers able to prioritize their workload and meet urgent, near-term deadlines.
- Able to respond well to new and changing priorities as the project demands.
- Capable formal, written communicators and be detail oriented.
We welcome applications from individuals who meet the above criteria and who are interested in a career with Hazelwood Construction Services constructing green energy projects in British Columbia. Please see our website for more information about Hazelwood – www.hazelwood.ca.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted to Leona Bowie. Please reference the above job description title in the e-mail subject line and provide a drivers abstract and at least three references we may contact.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Hazelwood Construction Services Inc. is Heavy Civil Construction specializing in Run of River Projects throughout the province of British...