HAYS

HAYS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good opportunity
Specialist Social Housing Consultant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
Full 360 degree role, including managing all aspects of a busy recruitment desk. Attending client visits on site and interviewing candidates to assess suitability for the available role. Reporting to line management on KPI’s as well as delivering market insight and sales forecasts.
labourer
Labourer (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGJanuary 14, 2014
helping tradesmen painting keeping yard tidy an safe working enviroment
Hard Working Environment
Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), BristolJanuary 10, 2014
All work, extra hours and no work life balance. Slogging away for no wages. Home life suffers here.
honest &straight forward
Labourer (Former Employee), glasgow & surrounding areas.January 9, 2014
normal 8 hr day, not much to learn from hays as i am an experienced labourer. co-workers fine , no hard part to labouring except for heavy lifting. best part is just being in work.
Escavating company
DOZER/ BACKHOE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Windsor, MOJanuary 8, 2014
Operated equipment, putting in ponds, clearing fields, concrete work.
Good environment and conditions
Relief Operations Manager (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWDecember 5, 2013
Pros: flexibility, initiative
Cons: quick learning site history
Relief Building and Operations Manager. Handling Tenant enquiries, Organising contractors. Supervising Fit Outs, Building security, Key management etc.
Placed me in good jobs
Installations Electrician (Current Employee), Placed with companiesDecember 2, 2013
Pros: the freedom to work on my own ineshertive
Cons: occassionally long hours
A typical day would start at the office to complete paperwork from reactive jobs which were completed the day before. Then organise the new and outstanding jobs for the day at hand, we would then visit each site completing as many jobs as we can with the upmost professionalism and attention to detail. Within a maintenance position I've found that I – more... have a health relationship with the team because some reactive jobs require team work and we all rallied together to help each other out. I would say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients because a part to complete the job hasn't arrived yet and obviously we get the blame.
The most enjoyable part of the job is completing tasks within the time frame and dealing with happy people who appreciates my hard work and effort. – less
hard place to work at people diddnt get along
Stocker (Former Employee), Caruthersville, MONovember 2, 2013
Pros: pay was good
Cons: people was hard to get along with
stock shelves unloaded trucks. Carried out groceries for customers
Enjoyed comapny & working with team mates
Credit officer (Former Employee), brisbaneOctober 24, 2013
Pros: rdo
Cons: work only time allowed
Collections Land tax
Revenue Officer (A03)
Legislation interpretation and application
File management – maintain an accurate system and monitor file status.
Utilise client service skills (internal/external)
Receive and respond professionally to incoming correspondence
Approve, negotiate and disallow payment arrangements
Prepare charge documents for – more... lodgement at the Department of Environment and resource Management.
Investigate taxpayers to locate and issue correspondence
Recommend files to seniors Revenue Officer to be written off and cases for court action (assist preparation of documents for service)
Write a report and memorandum for write off’s including facts and circumstances leading to required action
Maintain an accurate and up to date client diary
Determine if clients require amended assessments and escalate files for assessment
Written and oral communication with clients – less
Hard working place
Refuse Collector (Bin Man) (Current Employee), Chelmsford, ENGOctober 11, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: not a lot of days working if there are a lot of employees in
A typical week at work (if i have been offered the hours), is really hard work as I go around with another loader and driver of a dump truck, collecting bins. The normal amount we collect a day is around about 2000 bins, weekly is about 8000 bins.
Ive learned how to operate a bin lorry, and how to correctly collect the bins and put them on the back – more... of the truck. Also i have learned if you have a problem with the equipment what to do.
The management is good as they take in your considerations for working there and they try and give you as much work as posible when available.
All my co-workers are hard workers and fun to be around apart from one worker i refuse to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the day is the whole day as it is a physical work-out, also the rest the loaders get from going to the tip is great but we also have discutions about different things, getting to know each other plus have a luagh. It is also great when we get back from work and get to go home as you have a good fealing that you know all the work is completed and you get a well deserved rest until the next enjoyable day. – less
They were able to get me a long term placement. But when this ended struggled to provide any day to day work.
supply teacher (Former Employee), Burnley, ENGOctober 9, 2013
Pros: able to claim expenses
Cons: piad by an umbrella company who took a fee each week to prpare wage sheet
Friendly staff who tried their best.

Having been on a long term placement there was little contact made to chack on how things were progressing.
Payroll
Account/Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), NHSOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great learning skills
Cons: only a 12 weel contract
Hays is a very good company, but was only a 12 week contract.

very good learning new skills, hours were great
OK
JULY TILL PRESENT TRADE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), PerthOctober 8, 2013
Pros: they supply ppes
Cons: work is not always regular
I have worked for Hays for about 2 years and have them to be quite helpful in finding me work
I found Hays to be very helpful in finding temporary work. I thoroughly enjoyed working in construction. It must be inherited from my Father,
Site Secretary (Former Employee), Cooling, ENGOctober 3, 2013
Pros: flexibility if i worked late, or left early, i could take time to make it up, or, leave earlier depending on the situation.
Cons: dealing with companies going into financial difficulties.
On entering the office, the first task was to switch on all computers, check emails, very importantly make the tea/coffee for everyone after my arrival. Morning meeting with Director to discuss emails, previous days business and pending business to be carried out that day and pass on to appropriate departments/contractors/engineers. Answering the telephone, – more... resolving queries, filing, diary management, catering for meetings, arranging flights/accommodation and general smooth running of the office.

I learned how to create various forms including Method Statements, Risk Assessments, liaise with Health and Safety to rectify problems on site. I also learned how differently each company carries out their own procedures.

I have to manage an office when management is not present, how to find new sub-contractors, new suppliers, caterers, booking flights and accommodation. Most importantly being able to adapt and learn new skills.

I have always enjoyed working with and for my co-workers, whether it be consulting for advice, or, asking for advice. There is no shame in asking.

The hardest part of of the job on occasions was language, as I do not speak Flemish and only a little French.

I have always be lucky in the fact that I have always enjoyed my jobs, as they have been varied and I have learned a lot from each one and been able to adapt myself.

I would welcome to opportunity for a new challenge and experience. – less
Exiting and challenging
System Accountant (Former Employee), New MaldenSeptember 24, 2013
Working for HAYS, was enjoyable and very interesting, Being a quick learner with a positive attitude, my working time with HAYS was productive and effective. I was able to fully use my excel and reconciliation skill and knowledges . Hence excel and enhance further in those areas.
Very friendly environment. Excellent learning experience ad great fun!
HR Researcher (Current Employee), Singapore, S00September 22, 2013
Pros: free snacks and drinks, end of period bash!
Its a very friendly and professional environment here at Hays; a great working experience. It gives access to the invaluable knowledge about learning and honing your interpersonal skills and creativity when you see the consultants working around you. Its sheer joy that you feel here if you are passionate about connecting with people and matching them – more... with the right jobs.

Its the best start one can have in an international job market..the perfect MNC! Truly experts! – less
Happy work environment
Employed as Trade Assistant (Current Employee), Adelaide, SASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: veriety
Cons: hap hazard work
This company is a good company to work for they go out of their way to find work although there is no work around.
good company
carpenter (Former Employee), londonSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: luch
Cons: over time
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of th
High Past, Productive, Informative
Associate Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), LondonSeptember 3, 2013
Candidate interviews, Client meetings and managment of day to day work flow.
Auditing
Auditing (Former Employee), NottinghamAugust 29, 2013
Pros: very supportive to temporary staff
Started as a temporary position , than offered permanent role

About HAYS

Leading global specialist recruitment group Hays is the market leader in the UK and Australia, placing professional candidates – Read more