HAYS

HAYS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK
JULY TILL PRESENT TRADE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), PerthOctober 8, 2013
Pros: they supply ppes
Cons: work is not always regular
I have worked for Hays for about 2 years and have them to be quite helpful in finding me work
I found Hays to be very helpful in finding temporary work. I thoroughly enjoyed working in construction. It must be inherited from my Father,
Site Secretary (Former Employee), Cooling, ENGOctober 3, 2013
Pros: flexibility if i worked late, or left early, i could take time to make it up, or, leave earlier depending on the situation.
Cons: dealing with companies going into financial difficulties.
On entering the office, the first task was to switch on all computers, check emails, very importantly make the tea/coffee for everyone after my arrival. Morning meeting with Director to discuss emails, previous days business and pending business to be carried out that day and pass on to appropriate departments/contractors/engineers. Answering the telephone, – more... resolving queries, filing, diary management, catering for meetings, arranging flights/accommodation and general smooth running of the office.

I learned how to create various forms including Method Statements, Risk Assessments, liaise with Health and Safety to rectify problems on site. I also learned how differently each company carries out their own procedures.

I have to manage an office when management is not present, how to find new sub-contractors, new suppliers, caterers, booking flights and accommodation. Most importantly being able to adapt and learn new skills.

I have always enjoyed working with and for my co-workers, whether it be consulting for advice, or, asking for advice. There is no shame in asking.

The hardest part of of the job on occasions was language, as I do not speak Flemish and only a little French.

I have always be lucky in the fact that I have always enjoyed my jobs, as they have been varied and I have learned a lot from each one and been able to adapt myself.

I would welcome to opportunity for a new challenge and experience. – less
Exiting and challenging
System Accountant (Former Employee), New MaldenSeptember 24, 2013
Working for HAYS, was enjoyable and very interesting, Being a quick learner with a positive attitude, my working time with HAYS was productive and effective. I was able to fully use my excel and reconciliation skill and knowledges . Hence excel and enhance further in those areas.
Very friendly environment. Excellent learning experience ad great fun!
HR Researcher (Current Employee), Singapore, S00September 22, 2013
Pros: free snacks and drinks, end of period bash!
Its a very friendly and professional environment here at Hays; a great working experience. It gives access to the invaluable knowledge about learning and honing your interpersonal skills and creativity when you see the consultants working around you. Its sheer joy that you feel here if you are passionate about connecting with people and matching them – more... with the right jobs.

Its the best start one can have in an international job market..the perfect MNC! Truly experts! – less
Happy work environment
Employed as Trade Assistant (Current Employee), Adelaide, SASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: veriety
Cons: hap hazard work
This company is a good company to work for they go out of their way to find work although there is no work around.
good company
carpenter (Former Employee), londonSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: luch
Cons: over time
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of th
High Past, Productive, Informative
Associate Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), LondonSeptember 3, 2013
Candidate interviews, Client meetings and managment of day to day work flow.
Auditing
Auditing (Former Employee), NottinghamAugust 29, 2013
Pros: very supportive to temporary staff
Started as a temporary position , than offered permanent role
excellent management and work culture
Child Care Worker - Diploma Qualified (Current Employee), Melbourne, VICAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great and supportive management
A typical day at work involves working with young children, from babies to kindergarten children, in centres around CBD area, occasionally in Western suburbs, Looking after children's needs, meet/ greet families, providing interesting activities for the children, focusing on routines and child's development, communicating with other staff, team work, – more... talking and playing with the children, helping the children.

I learnt to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds, team work communication, sharing of workload, time management skills

My co-workers while working for Hays Education were friendly, humble and helpful, Management is helpful and supportive

Most enjoyable part of the job: meeting new people, working with children, friendly co-workers, good centres to work in,good management – less
productive and fun workplace
Accounts Temporary (Former Employee), Slough, ENGAugust 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: less holidays
working to the highest levels in sales ledger and accounts departments.
work orders
Expeditor (Former Employee), Valley Center, KSAugust 16, 2013
just pass out work orders go back to my desk an print out more orders.
fine
Care Support Worker (Former Employee), tyne and wearAugust 13, 2013
Pros: they were good to work for.
the company was fine to work for and i had no issues working for them. They were quite supportive.
reasonable in all areas other than how regular the work would come in.
Electricians mate/apprentice (Current Employee), LondonAugust 13, 2013
-Allows me to gain a wide range of experience in the electrical field working in various environments which allows me to develop wide range of skills

-Working for a agency which was not supplying regular consistent work
Productive and not a fun workplace
Caretaker (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 10, 2013
One of the days of rainfall i learn that is not good to mob the floor while rain is falling because it will be difficult for the floor to dry. the day i experience it i have to keep mopping and mopping in other to get the floor dried, it was a terrible experience. The hardest part of the job is weeding the grass outside the estate because is a manual – more... labour and the most enjoyable part is cleaning the tiles. – less
Awful
Finishing foreman (Former Employee), South coastAugust 5, 2013
Pros: found work
Cons: terrible communication, changed rates and lied about contract length
I don't like agencies or middlemen at the best of times but this lot are a joke. I have been in construction for 20 years, on all levels from carpenter, supervisor to site manager. They have absolutely no idea how the construction industry operates. Was on their books a week, this started off promising. I got offered 2 jobs in the first week, but at – more... a very low rate for a site supervisor. The first one I drove 30 miles to site only to be told the recruitment consultant/salesman at Hays has not informed the client/ site manager I was going to be there ...so got sent home. Second job was supposed to be finishing a contract that had 3 months to go..., this was clearly not the case when I arrived ' contract was finishing that Friday (3 days time). Hays then decided to pay £2 an hour less than we agreed, they begrudgingly handed it over after 2 weeks. I have since asked them to remove my details from there system on 4 separate occasions, 6 weeks on I'm still getting texts/emails with job offers coming through. I will be glad when agencies like this are once again obsolete. – less
Agency work
S.E.N Classroom Assistant (Former Employee), Middlesbrough, ENGJuly 30, 2013
Cons: short notice and travel
3-4 short time work roles in the 2 years i was on they agency books.
A new day everyday
IT Support Administrator /Office Management (Current Employee), DubaiJuly 28, 2013
A typical day at work is the usual IT issues, learned most of IT support in the organisation. The Management changed frequently so mixed reactions. Co-workers have always been friendly and co-operative. No hard part - take it as it comes and resolve. Enjoying the job is the most enjoyable part.
good recruitment agency
Mobile Administration Executive for Virgin Media (Former Employee), manchesterJuly 1, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
on the books of Hay i worked as a virgin mobile admin assistant
Great
Payroll Senior (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 23, 2013
Great place to work at and very fun. Management looked after its senior staff
Waste of time
Agency (Current Employee), bristolJune 13, 2013
Pros: there are none
Cons: lack of communication, have no idea what they are doing
I inform the agency on which days I can and cannot work and I always get phoned up to work on days which I have previously said I cannot. They do not record information down their end, so when you do inform them that you previously said you couldn't do that date, its your fault. The pay is really rubbish and so is the service. I am asked to worked in – more... areas where I cannot get to and every time I say no because of this, they seem surprised.
They say that they look for long time work for you, but this is also a lie, you can tell in their voice that they haven't bothered and are bulls**ting.
They haven't got a clue what they are doing. The worst of many agencies I have worked for. – less

About HAYS

Leading global specialist recruitment group Hays is the market leader in the UK and Australia, placing professional candidates – Read more