HAYS

HAYS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work, no problems with this company
Service Crew/Charge Up Operator (Former Employee), Plutonic Mine SiteFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, challenging duties
Cons: no guarantee of a long contract & no annual leave.
get up and do what i love to do
I learnt most of my service crew skills here
management are great, best management i have had to date.
co-workers were ok, but hays are recruiters so the workers treat you a little differently because your sort of like an intruder.
hardest part was trying to prove yourself to the workers and fit in as one of them.
the – more... most enjoyable part was getting dirty in the service crew role – less
FIFO 2 ON 2 OFF short Term Contract
Operations Production & EHS Coordinator (Former Employee), Santos Moomba SAFebruary 17, 2014
Your on the edge of your seat from the moment you sit in it, with early starts, Team & Safety Meetings, maintenance schedules, and staff movements, Chasing parts and services from overseas and nationally, logistics movements of bulk crude, deliveries of all water, machinery oil and fuel requirements for satellite's under my responsibility. Arranging – more... flights and accommodation for the 4 shift teams, maintaining vehicle maintenance schedules. Subcontractor liaison for subcontracted works on sites. Developing working relationships will all key stakeholders and teams within Santos Moomba Site, being part of a great team of people and taking on the challenges as they arose. Being part of a high level safety enlightened team with proactive participation in our meetings and activities.

I loved the work environment and never shied away from any challenges as they came my way which often was daily. There was nothing like a huge rain to bring movements to a sliding halt and that's when my position stepped up a gear and I begin working with helicopter pilots and management to keep things flowing. Loved the Team and the high paced work, would love to do this again one day – less
Verioty of jobs
Labourer (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTFebruary 16, 2014
• Used Havs Sheets
• Adhere to health and safety regulations including PPE
• Operated range of equipment; pavement breakers, jackhammers, and power tools
• Key individual element within the team of skilled workers
• Limited supervision required to perform duties
• Disassembled and maintained extra passing structures
• Worked closing with other employees – more... within different trades including carpenters, welder and working engineers
• Cleaned tools, equipment and work area
• Manual lifting – less
Good work life blance environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 6, 2014
A good company to work with. The platform gives equal opportunity to everyone irrespective of their tenure of work or level of experience. It also having a good work life balance. Over all it is one of the best company to work with.
Good opportunity
Specialist Social Housing Consultant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
Full 360 degree role, including managing all aspects of a busy recruitment desk. Attending client visits on site and interviewing candidates to assess suitability for the available role. Reporting to line management on KPI’s as well as delivering market insight and sales forecasts.
labourer
Labourer (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGJanuary 14, 2014
helping tradesmen painting keeping yard tidy an safe working enviroment
Hard Working Environment
Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), BristolJanuary 10, 2014
All work, extra hours and no work life balance. Slogging away for no wages. Home life suffers here.
honest &straight forward
Labourer (Former Employee), glasgow & surrounding areas.January 9, 2014
normal 8 hr day, not much to learn from hays as i am an experienced labourer. co-workers fine , no hard part to labouring except for heavy lifting. best part is just being in work.
Escavating company
DOZER/ BACKHOE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Windsor, MOJanuary 8, 2014
Operated equipment, putting in ponds, clearing fields, concrete work.
Good environment and conditions
Relief Operations Manager (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWDecember 5, 2013
Pros: flexibility, initiative
Cons: quick learning site history
Relief Building and Operations Manager. Handling Tenant enquiries, Organising contractors. Supervising Fit Outs, Building security, Key management etc.
Placed me in good jobs
Installations Electrician (Current Employee), Placed with companiesDecember 2, 2013
Pros: the freedom to work on my own ineshertive
Cons: occassionally long hours
A typical day would start at the office to complete paperwork from reactive jobs which were completed the day before. Then organise the new and outstanding jobs for the day at hand, we would then visit each site completing as many jobs as we can with the upmost professionalism and attention to detail. Within a maintenance position I've found that I – more... have a health relationship with the team because some reactive jobs require team work and we all rallied together to help each other out. I would say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients because a part to complete the job hasn't arrived yet and obviously we get the blame.
The most enjoyable part of the job is completing tasks within the time frame and dealing with happy people who appreciates my hard work and effort. – less
hard place to work at people diddnt get along
Stocker (Former Employee), Caruthersville, MONovember 2, 2013
Pros: pay was good
Cons: people was hard to get along with
stock shelves unloaded trucks. Carried out groceries for customers
Enjoyed comapny & working with team mates
Credit officer (Former Employee), brisbaneOctober 24, 2013
Pros: rdo
Cons: work only time allowed
Collections Land tax
Revenue Officer (A03)
Legislation interpretation and application
File management – maintain an accurate system and monitor file status.
Utilise client service skills (internal/external)
Receive and respond professionally to incoming correspondence
Approve, negotiate and disallow payment arrangements
Prepare charge documents for – more... lodgement at the Department of Environment and resource Management.
Investigate taxpayers to locate and issue correspondence
Recommend files to seniors Revenue Officer to be written off and cases for court action (assist preparation of documents for service)
Write a report and memorandum for write off’s including facts and circumstances leading to required action
Maintain an accurate and up to date client diary
Determine if clients require amended assessments and escalate files for assessment
Written and oral communication with clients – less
Hard working place
Refuse Collector (Bin Man) (Current Employee), Chelmsford, ENGOctober 11, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: not a lot of days working if there are a lot of employees in
A typical week at work (if i have been offered the hours), is really hard work as I go around with another loader and driver of a dump truck, collecting bins. The normal amount we collect a day is around about 2000 bins, weekly is about 8000 bins.
Ive learned how to operate a bin lorry, and how to correctly collect the bins and put them on the back – more... of the truck. Also i have learned if you have a problem with the equipment what to do.
The management is good as they take in your considerations for working there and they try and give you as much work as posible when available.
All my co-workers are hard workers and fun to be around apart from one worker i refuse to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the day is the whole day as it is a physical work-out, also the rest the loaders get from going to the tip is great but we also have discutions about different things, getting to know each other plus have a luagh. It is also great when we get back from work and get to go home as you have a good fealing that you know all the work is completed and you get a well deserved rest until the next enjoyable day. – less
They were able to get me a long term placement. But when this ended struggled to provide any day to day work.
supply teacher (Former Employee), Burnley, ENGOctober 9, 2013
Pros: able to claim expenses
Cons: piad by an umbrella company who took a fee each week to prpare wage sheet
Friendly staff who tried their best.

Having been on a long term placement there was little contact made to chack on how things were progressing.
Payroll
Account/Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), NHSOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great learning skills
Cons: only a 12 weel contract
Hays is a very good company, but was only a 12 week contract.

very good learning new skills, hours were great
OK
JULY TILL PRESENT TRADE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), PerthOctober 8, 2013
Pros: they supply ppes
Cons: work is not always regular
I have worked for Hays for about 2 years and have them to be quite helpful in finding me work
I found Hays to be very helpful in finding temporary work. I thoroughly enjoyed working in construction. It must be inherited from my Father,
Site Secretary (Former Employee), Cooling, ENGOctober 3, 2013
Pros: flexibility if i worked late, or left early, i could take time to make it up, or, leave earlier depending on the situation.
Cons: dealing with companies going into financial difficulties.
On entering the office, the first task was to switch on all computers, check emails, very importantly make the tea/coffee for everyone after my arrival. Morning meeting with Director to discuss emails, previous days business and pending business to be carried out that day and pass on to appropriate departments/contractors/engineers. Answering the telephone, – more... resolving queries, filing, diary management, catering for meetings, arranging flights/accommodation and general smooth running of the office.

I learned how to create various forms including Method Statements, Risk Assessments, liaise with Health and Safety to rectify problems on site. I also learned how differently each company carries out their own procedures.

I have to manage an office when management is not present, how to find new sub-contractors, new suppliers, caterers, booking flights and accommodation. Most importantly being able to adapt and learn new skills.

I have always enjoyed working with and for my co-workers, whether it be consulting for advice, or, asking for advice. There is no shame in asking.

The hardest part of of the job on occasions was language, as I do not speak Flemish and only a little French.

I have always be lucky in the fact that I have always enjoyed my jobs, as they have been varied and I have learned a lot from each one and been able to adapt myself.

I would welcome to opportunity for a new challenge and experience. – less
Exiting and challenging
System Accountant (Former Employee), New MaldenSeptember 24, 2013
Working for HAYS, was enjoyable and very interesting, Being a quick learner with a positive attitude, my working time with HAYS was productive and effective. I was able to fully use my excel and reconciliation skill and knowledges . Hence excel and enhance further in those areas.
Very friendly environment. Excellent learning experience ad great fun!
HR Researcher (Current Employee), Singapore, S00September 22, 2013
Pros: free snacks and drinks, end of period bash!
Its a very friendly and professional environment here at Hays; a great working experience. It gives access to the invaluable knowledge about learning and honing your interpersonal skills and creativity when you see the consultants working around you. Its sheer joy that you feel here if you are passionate about connecting with people and matching them – more... with the right jobs.

Its the best start one can have in an international job market..the perfect MNC! Truly experts! – less

About HAYS

Leading global specialist recruitment group Hays is the market leader in the UK and Australia, placing professional candidates – Read more