HAYS

HAYS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Uninformed with Client Requirements
Plant (Former Employee), HamiltonFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: temp to perm
Cons: no info
They offered a great posting however had no idea of the hours and need for transportation.
When my attempts to make arrangements to accomodate client requirements that they had no idea of called me unprofessional and refused to deal further with me. Look for a reputable temp agency who talks to the client.
Very rude and terrible at communication
Business Support (Former Employee), SydneyDecember 23, 2013
I attempted to get through to them by phone and email, I was unsuccessful and because they weren't bothered to return my calls and email. Will avoid them from now on. Besides all that, I was employed through them before, I was paying 35% of my income as tax...
job seeker
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto ONJune 19, 2013
Pros: temp agency
Cons: lack of opportunities
If you don't have enough experience, they won't accept you. Choice is very limited.
Finance Recruiting Calgary
Contractor- accounting (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 26, 2013
Pros: not much- great website
Cons: very unprofessional
They don't even bother to return my calls or emails on leads. They have such poor attitude ... unprofessional bunch. When you get through to them to ask questions, it's like you are bothering them. Worst experience working with recruiters in the Calgary market. I guess it depends also on the recruiters, the ones I dealt with previously were good, not – more... the current ones. Stay away if you can... – less
Untrustworthy inexperienced people are employed by Hays
Management (Former Employee), BCJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: inexperienced employees so no pros
Cons: to many to list
They seem to play games with potential employees. They make accomadations then bacially lie to you over the phone, I highly recommand no using Hays for any job seekers.
Hays
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Sheffield, ENGApril 17, 2014
Good company to work for, however, depends entirely on what desk you would be operating.
Fine if you're flexible
Medical Secretary (Current Employee), HullApril 16, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, nice work colleagues
Cons: long journey to work, agency not seeming interested once you have an assignment
I have worked for hays recruitment now for nearly six months on an ongoing contract within the nhs as a medical secretary. The only drawback is the fact that the hospital I work at is a two hour commute there and back each day and as I do not own a car, have to rely on public transport. However I enjoy the work, my work colleagues are great and Ive – more... been put on training courses to enable me to do the job and understand the systems used. The downside is that Heys themselves never communicate to ask how things are going and as I am their employee they should take more of an intetest. Also, some of the people I know who work for Heys are put into assignments without having any experience at all in the particular workplace theyve been sent to. Awkward! – less
Good to work for
General Labourer (Former Employee), Perth, WAApril 14, 2014
Pros: pay always on time, looking after your health and safety
I worked with hays for just under 2 months and i thought they where good to work with. They got me a decent amount of work for the time that i was their, I got a decent pay rate and bonuses and paid on time everytime.
Temporary Role
Finance & Accounts Assistant (Former Employee), BirminghamApril 11, 2014
Follow directions as per Clients needs.
Download Previous days bank statements for each bank account.
Organise the data on Excel Spreadsheet into Receipts & Payments.
Gaining valuable experience and work in a variety of settings.
Supply Teacher (Current Employee), ExeterApril 8, 2014
Pros: working in different settings with different people and claiming back my travel expenses.
Cons: not a steady income and sometimes long times between work placements.
I have the opportunity to work with children aged 6 months to 11 years, in both nursery and school settings - as a supply Class Teacher, Teaching Assistant or Nursery Assistant.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes getting a call first thing in the morning and then arriving at the place of work with very little time to adjust and get to know your – more... surroundings before beginning the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a different team in a range of settings, getting to work in a variety of schools and working with children of different ages. – less
good contract recruiter to work for
Contracted as a Supply Officer (Former Employee), Pilbara , WAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: fifo and being with the family
Cons: short contracts
a typical day at work would be loading and unloading trucks and delivering picks and stock to clients

The biggest thing i learnt while i worked at hays was saftey always came 1st for me

managment where great and always taught me something new each day

my co workers where amazing and i still keep in touch with them

the hardest part of the job was – more... im guessing the paper work .

the most enjoyable part of the job was the peoplo i met and got to know – less
Fun and lively place to work
Hays Specialist Recruitment (Former Employee), KentMarch 17, 2014
A typical day within Hays will consist of candidate calls to check availability, business development calls, candidate registrations, organising interviews, dealing with payroll enquiries, writing candidate CVs and sending to clients, client meetings, office admin, posting job advertisements, writing client and candidate marketing.

The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is filling roles and telling candidate that they have got a job. – less
productive
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGMarch 14, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: getting wet all the time
i learned how to use forklifts i liked all of the co workers and the manager was alright the hardest part of the job was working on the carasel
positive environment, team culture..
HC/ MC Driver (Current Employee), PerthMarch 13, 2014
sustainable environment that has a balanced work practice.
Great team to be apart of.
LABOURER/TRADE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Coolbellup, WAMarch 10, 2014
Always gaining experience in every area of construction from Cleaning to Dogging, Pouring footings, Brick laying ect. Following strict OHS requirements daily.
Proactive Sales Environment
Associate Consultant (Former Employee), CrawleyMarch 6, 2014
Good working culture
Nice people
Excellent Sales Drive
Good social activity
Great for temporary assignments
HR Project Management (Current Employee), Ipswich & ColchesterMarch 3, 2014
I've had a very good consultant who has actively tried to secure me a permanent role, but in the meantime has provided me with two long terms assignments which have increased my skills set
A very professional & organised Recruitment Agency to temp for.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch from the sandwich van
Cons: treated as one of the team - not just a temp
Whilst temping for Hays both company's did a full Induction and handover which enabled me to hit the ground running so to speak.
Fast paced & interesting
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), PlymouthFebruary 24, 2014
Day to day duties include supplying staff for schools on the morning of sickness. Developing business with schools in the Plymouth & Cornwall area. Working inline with the DFE checks. Hitting daily KPI's.
Easy access to personnel, information. Fun & interesting place to work.
Corporate IT-Services Consultant (Former Employee), Schwanau, GermanyFebruary 21, 2014
Easy access to personnel, information. Fun & interesting place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About HAYS

Leading global specialist recruitment group Hays is the market leader in the UK and Australia, placing professional candidates – Read more