HAYS

HAYS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Could be worse, but not much
building operator (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 20, 2014
Pros: gaining experience for the next job
Cons: everything else
-no communication
-pay not the best
-downtown locations are a pain to get to and no parking
-people were ok to work with
on the Richter Scale of bad
Property (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 4, 2014
-seldom call job seekers

-fail to recognize talent

-make value judgements without proper understanding
Very rude and terrible at communication
Business Support (Former Employee), SydneyDecember 23, 2013
I attempted to get through to them by phone and email, I was unsuccessful and because they weren't bothered to return my calls and email. Will avoid them from now on. Besides all that, I was employed through them before, I was paying 35% of my income as tax...
job seeker
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto ONJune 19, 2013
Pros: temp agency
Cons: lack of opportunities
If you don't have enough experience, they won't accept you. Choice is very limited.
Finance Recruiting Calgary
Contractor- accounting (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 26, 2013
Pros: not much- great website
Cons: very unprofessional
They don't even bother to return my calls or emails on leads. They have such poor attitude ... unprofessional bunch. When you get through to them to ask questions, it's like you are bothering them. Worst experience working with recruiters in the Calgary market. I guess it depends also on the recruiters, the ones I dealt with previously were good, not the current ones. Stay away if you can...
Untrustworthy inexperienced people are employed by Hays
Management (Former Employee), BCJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: inexperienced employees so no pros
Cons: to many to list
They seem to play games with potential employees. They make accomadations then bacially lie to you over the phone, I highly recommand no using Hays for any job seekers.
Great place to work.
Delivery Driver / Librarian (Former Employee), Middlesex, ENGJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: driving a new van.
Cons: london traffic.
A day working for hays was good, getting my work load together and then going out on my run.
I learned all about how the computer data world worked.
I found the management very organised.
Still have friends for Hays.
Enjoyable part of my job was keeping busy.
Deplorable
joiner (Former Employee), LiverpoolJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: had more liverpool jpinery than any other single agency
Cons: certain manager resented paying me.
After complaining about an underpayment to a Manager, I was abused and told "you will never work in Liverpool again."
I never did for Hays who were the main agency in Liverpool.
don't keep me updated
Administrator/Temp (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGJanuary 16, 2015
they don't contact me with any jobs was told they only get in call centre roles now was very good a few years ago had several roles from them in the past good ones too. Don't have anything else to put really apart from company seem to be changing staff lately
Excellent Workplace
Specialist Recruitment (Former Employee), HullJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: regular training
Cons: inability to move specialism
My main duties included generating clients and candidates through Business Development calls, i would interview candidates and give my personal recommendations for employment. i had to regularly attend meetings with clients and this gave me the skills to successfully place candidates. The management was very good i had regular training and development but sadly wanted to pursue a different specialism. The team environment was buzzing with excitement.
I found the job challenging but found it easy to bring clients round to my way of thinking, being transparent in all my dealings.

The most enjoyable part of the job was placing candidates with clients and getting the feeling of success from this.
Used to be a pleasure to work for before I became a number on paper due to staff/management changes.
Labor Hire/Temporary Contract worker (Current Employee), PerthJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great variety of tasks/experiences, good contracts with highly sort after companies
Cons: office staff change positions often, end up working for someone who doesn't seem to care about your previous work experience/future goals, as long as you are filling their positions. basically tell you that you are easily replaceable, if you attempt to negotiate terms or request another job placement, despite a solid work history in the company.
I have worked for the company on and off since 2010,even on my weekends/weeks off while shift working at Westrac. Due to the nature of recruitment agency employment, I have gained a wide range of experience in many fields of work, learning to adapt to changing workplace environments with ease. My co-workers are often like-minded, hard working and easy to get along with, many have been travelers on working holidays that share interesting and inspirational stories.The hardest part of the job lately has been getting sent to jobs I'm not interested/experienced in and feeling like I'm wasting time I could be contributing towards a long-term career, working away from my friends/family/home for little or no financial benefit opposed to working in town because of this and relying on the work they have promised only to have it cancelled at short notice. At the same time, the most enjoyable part of the job has been getting to work in the Pilbara, living the FIFO lifestyle and meeting many interesting people while gaining valuable life skills/work experience.
A very supprtive work place
Administrative Officer (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGJanuary 11, 2015
Same as OGA. Contact and help was readily available. Very appreciative of the hard that was done by those employed through Hays Education.
Don't wait for a call
labourer (Former Employee), LeicesterJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: pay on time
Cons: false promises
Promise anything to keep you working to the last breath and deliver very little. Continue to tell you to expect work very soon only to drop you when they realise there will in fact be no big job at all.
productive
Labourer (Former Employee), burnleyJanuary 6, 2015
i enjoy hands on type of jobs where i am productive and kept busy. i will always put my hands to anything and learn new things all the time. i enjoy exploring new experienced and always willing to learn
Rubbish
Nurse (Former Employee), leedsDecember 27, 2014
I joined hays 3 years ago. They have never got back in touch with me, waste of time joining this agency, they seem very promising at the interview stage , then don't bother with you. I joined hays in Leeds, would not recommend this agency!!
Great staff
Supply Teacher (Current Employee), TorquayDecember 23, 2014
Pros: easy to get hold of
Cons: can't get a lot of pre booked work
I enjoy working for Hays as they tailor the work to suit your needs and are extremely accommodating. They are fun, up beat, hard working and all round good to talk to about up and coming work that is available.
Just not the right environment for me.
Associate Consultant (Former Employee), SloughDecember 16, 2014
Pros: parking
Cons: long hours and salary
A usual day would begin at 08:30 and end at 18:00. I learned a lot here from advertising roles online, to speaking with clients and attending visits to managing candidates. The environment was quite hostile and a bit too sales driven. Co-workers would get quite hostile when it came to the role and jump on each others toes. Career progression would take years, so taking all of this into consideration, I chose to leave. The hardest part of the job was getting jobs in. The area I worked in seemed very job shy, and though finance roles would come through weekly, Office Support and PA roles were a bit more scarce. The most enjoyable part of the job was the advertising.
registered with this company for a long time. never returned calls or emails. seemed to be only interested in looking after their own image.
project officer (Former Employee), canberraDecember 8, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Staff seemed reluctant to match alike to job. Didn't know the individual and outside of the advertised job. Didn't have authority to make decisions Blained government inaction. Not worth the time and effort to contact them as they seemed uninterrsted in you.
Contractor
Contractor (Former Employee), LondonDecember 1, 2014
During this role, I performed a number of administrative duties such as, accounts administration, updating excel spreadsheets, files, archives to reconciling accounts. I thoroughly enjoyed this role as it enabled me to enhance my financial skills with excel to calculate and record data.
Great variation of work with a wide range of individual clients
Relief Support Worker (Former Employee), newcastle upon tyneNovember 6, 2014
Pros: variety of jobs permenant staff really nice, helpful and friendly
Cons: double booking jobs and last minute cancellation of jobs
I registered with hays through a mutual friend I was given various work assignments supporting people within their own homes to live as independently as possible.
A lot of the services were C Q C registered houses and each of the clients had individual PCP files communication files, and medication files..
Shifts patterns varied to suit the needs of the clients, most clients I worked with were very independent and needed very little support , however I would support them out In the community with banking, shopping, attending appointments with regards their health and fitness, basically anything they decided to do on a daily basis.
I also worked on an out of hours service providing telephone support and assistance when required.
Some clients needed more care due to them being physically disabled and were in wheel chairs personal care and feeding duties were needed,

1 2 3 4 5

About HAYS

Leading global specialist recruitment group Hays is the market leader in the UK and Australia, placing professional candidates – Read more