HAYS

on the Richter Scale of bad
Property (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 4, 2014
-seldom call job seekers

-fail to recognize talent

-make value judgements without proper understanding
Uninformed with Client Requirements
Plant (Former Employee), HamiltonFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: temp to perm
Cons: no info
They offered a great posting however had no idea of the hours and need for transportation.
When my attempts to make arrangements to accomodate client requirements that they had no idea of called me unprofessional and refused to deal further with me. Look for a reputable temp agency who talks to the client.
Very rude and terrible at communication
Business Support (Former Employee), SydneyDecember 23, 2013
I attempted to get through to them by phone and email, I was unsuccessful and because they weren't bothered to return my calls and email. Will avoid them from now on. Besides all that, I was employed through them before, I was paying 35% of my income as tax...
job seeker
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto ONJune 19, 2013
Pros: temp agency
Cons: lack of opportunities
If you don't have enough experience, they won't accept you. Choice is very limited.
Finance Recruiting Calgary
Contractor- accounting (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 26, 2013
Pros: not much- great website
Cons: very unprofessional
They don't even bother to return my calls or emails on leads. They have such poor attitude ... unprofessional bunch. When you get through to them to ask questions, it's like you are bothering them. Worst experience working with recruiters in the Calgary market. I guess it depends also on the recruiters, the ones I dealt with previously were good, not – more... the current ones. Stay away if you can... – less
Untrustworthy inexperienced people are employed by Hays
Management (Former Employee), BCJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: inexperienced employees so no pros
Cons: to many to list
They seem to play games with potential employees. They make accomadations then bacially lie to you over the phone, I highly recommand no using Hays for any job seekers.
registered with this company for a long time. never returned calls or emails. seemed to be only interested in looking after their own image.
project officer (Former Employee), canberraDecember 8, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Staff seemed reluctant to match alike to job. Didn't know the individual and outside of the advertised job. Didn't have authority to make decisions Blained government inaction. Not worth the time and effort to contact them as they seemed uninterrsted in you.
Contractor
Contractor (Former Employee), LondonDecember 1, 2014
During this role, I performed a number of administrative duties such as, accounts administration, updating excel spreadsheets, files, archives to reconciling accounts. I thoroughly enjoyed this role as it enabled me to enhance my financial skills with excel to calculate and record data.
Great variation of work with a wide range of individual clients
Relief Support Worker (Former Employee), newcastle upon tyneNovember 6, 2014
Pros: variety of jobs permenant staff really nice, helpful and friendly
Cons: double booking jobs and last minute cancellation of jobs
I registered with hays through a mutual friend I was given various work assignments supporting people within their own homes to live as independently as possible.
A lot of the services were C Q C registered houses and each of the clients had individual PCP files communication files, and medication files..
Shifts patterns varied to suit the needs of – more... the clients, most clients I worked with were very independent and needed very little support , however I would support them out In the community with banking, shopping, attending appointments with regards their health and fitness, basically anything they decided to do on a daily basis.
I also worked on an out of hours service providing telephone support and assistance when required.
Some clients needed more care due to them being physically disabled and were in wheel chairs personal care and feeding duties were needed, – less
Flexible Reliable
No experience required.
Reliable,
Temp
Housing (Former Employee), ManchesterNovember 4, 2014
Cons: everything
Terrible agency, did 2 days temp work for them back in October, still trying to get paid. The consultant, in Manchester was utterly useless, she dosent return calls, dosent return emails. Spoken to payroll, they say im not on there system!!!

AVOID THIS AGENCY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!
Not good
Administration assistant (Former Employee), bradfordOctober 31, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: not a good company
This company is more concerned about getting the money, a lady that works there put me on some rubbish assignments and assignments that she didn't even tell me what the job entails so reflects very bad on the company all together. No lack of communication between themselves. I was finished at one assignment due to going on training for a perm job. How – more... ridiculous!! Made them aware of the training as well!! – less
productive and always busy
Site Labourer (Former Employee), brightonOctober 29, 2014
my day at work would include keeping site clean tidy and safe as this is one of the main requirements of being a site labourer. I would also assist other tradesmen with there work when asked and to carry safety checks round site so me and other workers are safe
Agency Review
Client (Former Employee), LeedsOctober 29, 2014
HAYS are the worst recruitment agency. They never reply to job applications, and you hit a brick wall if you try to contact them to discuss roles.
fun workplace
Administrator/Credit Controller (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 27, 2014
Pros: london
Cons: travelling
Working in the Brewing indusrry. Collections for Tide houses
Visiting the Pubs involved . Recommendations to Mnagement about credits also Marketing issues involving samples to be issued for promotions
Incredibley unprofessional treatment
Agency placement (Former Employee), ManchesterOctober 27, 2014
Cons: untrustworthy
Removed me from a permanent job and allowed the new employer to treat me very badly, to the point where I may involve ACAS. Highly unprofessional at how they handled it and actually lied to me about not knowing the employer was about to terminate despite having already reposted the job! I was given precisely one week to prove myself with no handover – more... at all.

Think very carefully about using this agency, they managed to lose my personal documents and the contact is almost none-existent. – less
Plenty of jobs and good treatment
General Labourer/Electrician Labourer (Former Employee), AberdeenOctober 23, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: cold and dirty environment
Good agency for building site jobs. I learned to work in a big team and had good communication with management. My colleagues were friendly and always helpful. Really good atmosphere when working. The hardest part of the job was that it was dirty environment and many times very cold or wet. It was always fun to work there though.
Terrible
no job (Former Employee), BirminghamOctober 1, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: lack people skills, waste of time
HAYS are the worst recruitment agency. They put you forward for jobs, waste your time by making you come in to register and never get back to you with feedback as to why you haven't been selected despite the number of calls/emails you put in. Once I was busy so I requested for the recruitment lady to email me details of a job and she never did. Another – more... time I was told I was perfect for a job and had an excellent chance to get it but the recruiter didn't get back to me again despite my calls and emails. The people who recruit for legal jobs seem to lack skills. I will not be applying for jobs though Hays again and I recommend others to do the same. – less
Good job most of the time
Labourer (Former Employee), ManchesterSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good overtime / working with friends
Cons: getting stuck in traffic on the way home
My day starts by finding out what the priority is work wise from the site manager i.e floor 5 needs preparing for floor layers or the tilers need x amount of tiles on floor 2. I enjoy the job because each day is different from the last and i also like the fact that the management treat you well and as long as you do your work and do what is asked they – more... just leave you to do your work. I have a good working relationship with my bosses because they can give me a job and trust me to get the job done. I am also lucky enough to be working with a great team of labourers we all pull together to get the job done and if someone is not pulling there weight they are quickly told. The hardest part of the job is probably the heavy lifting when we have to use the stairs and not the lift but if thats what it takes to get the job done then so be it, the best part of the job is having a laugh and a joke with the other labourers and the tradesmen who i also have a good relationship with. – less
Challenging roles and very diverse.
Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive (Former Employee), WorcestershireSeptember 15, 2014
I had some fantastic temporary job assignments through Hays as they knew I liked challenging roles The diversity of the roles were amazing but I enjoyed that as I am extremely adaptable.

1 2 3 4 5

About HAYS

Leading global specialist recruitment group Hays is the market leader in the UK and Australia, placing professional candidates – Read more