This position will be based in Toronto, ON
General Statement of Duties:
- Under the direction of Store Manager purchases materials, supplies and services of more complex nature with established limits and guidelines.
- Supervisor/s as indicated in offer letter, and other executive management as directed, from time to time.
- Material Coordinator and Shop hands when applicable
Summary of Duties: (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following)
- Proper and safe packaging of customer items using packaging equipment.
- Verification of pieces being sent or received
- Receiving and sending transfers for shipments and keeping other paperwork neat and organized to avoid future issues.
- Being customer oriented on the phone and in the shop. (They are #1 priority).
- Track and organize all inventory
- Booking customer delivery requests in the shipping/receiving area. Tracking customer order status.
- Identify and organize customer completed orders
- Receiving P.O.’s using the POS system
- Ensuring all pertinent information is placed on Material Transfer.
- Responsible for inspecting all products for damage before delivery to customer.
- Purchasing shipping and receiving supplies, packaging and preservation supplies
- Complete an inventory count on request from Store Manager and make necessary reports
- Keeping the shop organized and free of non-needed obstructions.
- Must be available for on call, for both Shipping and Receiving
- Plus additional duties as assigned by Store Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Required to be self motivated, good people skills are a must.
- Ability to asses a situation and find the logical answer.
- Detail oriented and organized, with excellent follow up skills.
- Self starter who enjoys responsibility and accountability.
- Decision making skills. Strong communication skills – by telephone and in person
- A friendly, outgoing personality and ability to work with individuals, groups and other organizations to carry out goals of the organization
- Perform all work in a safe manner, following work instructions and / or safe operating procedures
- It is an included and expected responsibility that Health & Safety of the employee as well as fellow employees be a part of everyone’s everyday activities when employed by Hauser Stores.
- Incumbents at this level are fully qualified, having reached full competency/mastery of the work area.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1-2 years related experience
- Possess a suitable combination of education and experience as deemed acceptable by the Management, to be able to perform the responsibilities outlined in this Job Description
Division Hauser Stores Canada
About the Organization For over 60 years Hauser has been an innovative manufacturer and retailer of fine interior and exterior furnishings. We are unique compared to our competitors as we design, manufacture and retail our goods direct to the end user. Our uncompromising service and extensive focus on detail ensure customers receive an unprecedented experience. Hauser is a proud family owned Canadian company, with 8 locations across Ontario and Quebec. Hauser’s innovations in manufacturing and workmanship, along with our long standing commitment to customers have made us the leaders in the outdoor furniture industry. Over the past 45 years, Hauser Industries has built a reputation on quality, service, design and remarkable value. Hauser always goes the extra mile for our customers and we are currently seeking an individual who conveys the same level of commitment and loyalty that we pride ourselves on.
Our goal at Hauser is to hire people who want to establish or further their career in the furniture industry. Hauser can provide local opportunities to their employees. We are in this industry for the long term, and we are looking to attract individuals to join Team Hauser!
This position is currently accepting applications.