This is your opportunity to join an exciting technology company that is revolutionizing the way people learn IT skills. Hatsize delivers online labs for complex software and hardware environments on a global basis. Hatsize customers already include some of the largest companies in the industry, including IBM, Symantec, and Juniper Networks.
Hatsize is looking for software developers to help us to build innovative products that meet and exceeds our customers’ expectations.
COMPANY NAME: Hatsize Learning Corporation
POSITION TITLE: Intermediate – Senior Application Developer
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
We are looking for Int. – Sr. Application Developers who are passionate about what they do, enjoy continuous improvement, are goal focused, and are a lot of fun to work with.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works well with other Scrum/Agile team members
- Experience with frequent releases for high availability web applications
- XP-Software Engineering best practices (paired programming, unit testing, continuous integration…)
- Has solid object-oriented development experience
- Experience with agile architecture & design (KISS principle, YAGNI, evolving)
- Understands the value of service based architecture
- Has working understanding of OWASP top 10 security vulnerabilities
- Individuals that are solution focused
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP)
- Experience with the latest development techniques (Agile, Kanban, Lean, TDD, …)
- Experience with modern development practices (MVC, design patterns)
- Development skills in modern languages (Java, PHP, .NET, python, …)
- Database skills (mysql)
- Experience working on cross functional product teams
- Understanding the value of working with end users
- Experience with VMware
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / HATSIZE WILL PROVIDE :
- An open environment where communication occurs freely
- An environment where every developer contributes to design, architecture, implementation, support, and testing to make sure our quality stays high
- An opportunity to learn about the growing online learning market
- An opportunity to apply the latest technologies
START DATE: ASAP
WAGE / SALARY: Dependent upon experience
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Jill Mitchell
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: June 15, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Hatsize Learning Corporation’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.