Hatch Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging daily work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
Hatch is a great place with challenging new opportunities daily. Excellent Management and advancement potential with excellent life/work balance.
Great people to work and grow with.
Director (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 5, 2016
Hatch was a great place to work during the past number of years and grew quickly. Great people and a sense of family being a privately owned and managed company.
Very professional
SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 4, 2016
Pros: good team
Cons: none
Typical day; busy
a lot of new experience,
good management
good team, with experienced professionals
usually no hard parts, it was a good schedule.
The best part: when everything is done properly
Nice place while having a project to work
Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2016
Good place to work, not so if your project is over, you can easily become unemployed and put on the street right away.
Otherwise good place to work.
Inclusive and friendly staff, Enjoyable work, talent-oriented opportunities
Software Developer Trainee Co-op (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Learning and blooming environment
Everyday is about involving and handing new opportunities, challenges and skills. Any amount of support and guidance is available fr me being a starter. I am increasing my experience and skills many folds every single day.
Good with room for improvement
Mechanical Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2016
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Lack of strong project management.
Hatch is a very friendly, goal oriented atmosphere to work in. Projects will start on a proper schedule with enough resources and most of the time. Balance of strength in diffrent disciplines would create issues.
Exciting projects.
Instrumentation Draftsman (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2016
Pros: IT support excellent
Cons: Gaining a little weight from all the good restaurants near the office.
The projects I worked on stretched me to my limits. Before, I had worked on P&IDs that were not intelligent, but Hatch had integrated their P&IDs with DataManager. They had thought out the whole process and their project delivery was flawless. They had the best IT support staff that was worth their weight in gold. The whole process was well thought out and the projects were able to advance without any problems.
Productive and friendly work atmosphere
Project Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: lots of work
At this job I managed a lot of documents in a short turnaround time. This job kept me really busy and I learned computer skills. The management was very friendly and open to any questions I had about my work load. The hardest part of the job was my heavy workload, but that was also the most enjoyable as it made the days go by very fast.
Ingénieure qui a le sens de l'organisation
Ingénieure en tuyauterie (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 23, 2016
Ingénieure chimique membre de l’OIQ
Conception et mise en service de tuyauterie, gestion de projet et procédés industriels
Dynamisme, esprit d’équipe, sens de l’organisation, adaptabilité, initiative, débrouillardise, capacité à travailler sous pression
Français, anglais, chinois
its a good Company to work with
System and Process Control Engineer (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 31, 2016
good company to work with. Job environment is very nice. people working in Hatch are helpful. I learned a lot during my 4 years working at Hatch
Not pleased
EIT (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Pay came on time
Cons: Horrible for career advancement, learning is at a minimum
I'm not pleased after working at this organization for 4 years. I don't feel like I've grown in my position. My repeated attempts at requesting for technical work were ignored until the time came when I was no longer needed for their petty work and was laid off with not even a second glance.
Great place to work that challenges your technical skills
Piping Engineer (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2016
Competitive work force and challenging tasks keeps you at a high level of performance. With a variety in work you gain expertise across a wide spectrum within the mechanical/piping discipline.
Could be Better
Managing Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Flex hours, reasonable benefits
Cons: Management
Management believe that they are the best in the world and new clients have to beg to provide the company with work. Has not adapted to the new realities of consulting engineering.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Great work environment. Compensation and benefits were not compatible with industry baselines. Company has worldwide presence.
Productive, challenging and fun
Project Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Galgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Many opportunities for professional development and career advancement
Cons: none
Productive environment with day to day challenges.
I learnt and expand my professional experience and ability to working in a team environment.
A positive management team with open door policy that cater to employees needs.
Fun bunch of people to work with, sharing knowledge and learning from each other.
Working late to complete deadlines.
Great social programmes such as sports competitions, group outings etc
Great learning experience
Design Draftsman (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2016
I was here for 4 months on co-op placement. I got a lot of exposure to different design concepts and had the opportunity to draft and model in multiple programs.
Hatch provided numerous opportunities.
Hatch Ltd. - Engineering/Commissioning I&C Lead (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 12, 2015
A good company to work for. Lots of opportunities and excellent coworkers. They always come through and do what they say they will do.
Over priced and under skilled
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), MississaugaNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Non come to mind......
Cons: Nepatism, bad engineering, over priced
Work enviroment is very political. CEO and upper managment are to busy planning parties and dinners for clients.
They have let go over half of there skilled engineering staff over the last few years and replaced them with 1st year engineering students who lack the skill sets to perform designs they are being assigned,
Nepatism is a huge problem there but seems to be the norm when hiring any staff.
Loss of work and no new business over the last few years mostly due to over pricing and bad enginering.
They are currently in the process of rebranding the company to try and stay in business.
Most of the clients I work with feel that Hatch is over priced for the products they are engineering and deliver.
engineer first, everyone else second place
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: a lot of bad co workers
good place to work, depending on your department. in certain departments the ceiling is very low, but the pay is pretty good, benefits are great and pension matching is very nice too.
Process and minig engineering
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2015
The engineering work with a lot of challenges. The projects are all around the world. The work requires to deal with a lot of people.
Employees