Hatch Employee Reviews

So Much Internal Politics. No Merit,
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2016
Hatch is a decent company to work if provided you have good connection with upper management. People are promoted and praised based on their personal connection with upper management. Senior management has no regard to committed employees and all they care of is who knows who in the organization. People are promoted for their personal connections irrespective of their performance within the company.
Pros
Location and flexibility of work
Cons
Senior Management has no regard to hard working, committed and loyal employees, They only care for those who have connections and personal affiliation with upper senior management
Productive, challenging and fun
Project Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Galgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Productive environment with day to day challenges.
I learnt and expand my professional experience and ability to working in a team environment.
A positive management team with open door policy that cater to employees needs.
Fun bunch of people to work with, sharing knowledge and learning from each other.
Working late to complete deadlines.
Great social programmes such as sports competitions, group outings etc
Pros
Many opportunities for professional development and career advancement
Cons
Great project management and good people
Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 3, 2016
Hatch has a very good project management. You can find information easily whenever you need. Everybody is nice in my office and salary is above average.
Fun workplace, great staff. Very flexible.
Hatch Coach Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
Working at Hatch has been an amazing experience so far. Teaching kids programming is a great experience. I wish I had the opportunity to start learning when I was younger. But being able to give kids the knowledge of how to code is very fun. As the kids develop as programmers I also learn and gain ideas from them as well. It's a win-win.

I've had to familiarize myself with Processing language with the general idea of coding visual art. The management and colleagues are very understanding. Also, they are always determined to find better ways to improve the learning system to the kids.
Could be Better
Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Management believe that they are the best in the world and new clients have to beg to provide the company with work. Has not adapted to the new realities of consulting engineering.
Pros
Flex hours, reasonable benefits
Cons
Productive and friendly work atmosphere
Project Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 16, 2016
At this job I managed a lot of documents in a short turnaround time. This job kept me really busy and I learned computer skills. The management was very friendly and open to any questions I had about my work load. The hardest part of the job was my heavy workload, but that was also the most enjoyable as it made the days go by very fast.
Pros
lots of work
Very professional
SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 4, 2016
Typical day; busy
a lot of new experience,
good management
good team, with experienced professionals
usually no hard parts, it was a good schedule.
The best part: when everything is done properly
Pros
good team
Cons
Good with room for improvement
Mechanical Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2016
Hatch is a very friendly, goal oriented atmosphere to work in. Projects will start on a proper schedule with enough resources and most of the time. Balance of strength in diffrent disciplines would create issues.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Lack of strong project management.
Over priced and under skilled
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  MississaugaNovember 20, 2015
Work enviroment is very political. CEO and upper managment are to busy planning parties and dinners for clients.
They have let go over half of there skilled engineering staff over the last few years and replaced them with 1st year engineering students who lack the skill sets to perform designs they are being assigned,
Nepatism is a huge problem there but seems to be the norm when hiring any staff.
Loss of work and no new business over the last few years mostly due to over pricing and bad enginering.
They are currently in the process of rebranding the company to try and stay in business.
Most of the clients I work with feel that Hatch is over priced for the products they are engineering and deliver.
Pros
Non come to mind......
Cons
Nepatism, bad engineering, over priced
Nice and open place to work for
Senior Mechanical Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
Even when it is a wonderful company with a lot of benefits, it lacks a good communication culture that allow employees to get more involved with the current project. there are a lot of politics as with all big companies, but it might affect sometimes the performance and final quality of the work done.
Pros
Lot of opportunities to learn
Not pleased
EIT (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONJanuary 30, 2016
I'm not pleased after working at this organization for 4 years. I don't feel like I've grown in my position. My repeated attempts at requesting for technical work were ignored until the time came when I was no longer needed for their petty work and was laid off with not even a second glance.
Pros
Pay came on time
Cons
Horrible for career advancement, learning is at a minimum
company in mass state of confusion, ostensibly going nowhere, not attracting much new work
PDG Manager, (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
Company.s appreciation for work and potential contribution to projects was very lacking, Proj. Managers too arrogant to ask for your contribution, they do it themselves
Pros
Director in Procurement was wonderful, but not too supportive
Cons
Company.s appreciation for work and potential contribution very lacking
Exciting projects.
Instrumentation Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2016
The projects I worked on stretched me to my limits. Before, I had worked on P&IDs that were not intelligent, but Hatch had integrated their P&IDs with DataManager. They had thought out the whole process and their project delivery was flawless. They had the best IT support staff that was worth their weight in gold. The whole process was well thought out and the projects were able to advance without any problems.
Pros
IT support excellent
Cons
Gaining a little weight from all the good restaurants near the office.
Amazing company with great people
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 9, 2016
Allows for great work-life balance. Coworkers are great people. Senior management are very approachable and communicate effectively.
Management allows for individual growth by being available for questions.
Pros
The people working there
Poor Management
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2016
Pro:

Being able to learn many different systems and technologies
Co-workers

Con:

Management don't care about you.
Force you to work after-hours and weekends
Pros
Learning many systems
Cons
Management treatment, Salary
Great place to work that challenges your technical skills
Piping Engineer (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 19, 2016
Competitive work force and challenging tasks keeps you at a high level of performance. With a variety in work you gain expertise across a wide spectrum within the mechanical/piping discipline.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Great work environment. Compensation and benefits were not compatible with industry baselines. Company has worldwide presence.
Inclusive and friendly staff, Enjoyable work, talent-oriented opportunities
Software Developer Trainee Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2016
Everyday is about involving and handing new opportunities, challenges and skills. Any amount of support and guidance is available fr me being a starter. I am increasing my experience and skills many folds every single day.
Pros
Learning and blooming environment
Productive and fun workplace
Mechanical Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2016
It is a fun and exciting place to work. You will learn a lot and there are opportunities for growth. My co-workers are very friendly, management is very approachable and willing to offer advice and help.
Pros
Knowledgeable people
A good workplace
Piping Designer / Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 21, 2015
Learned OpenPlant software Package, Good Co-workers, Good Management, Not too much job security, 8 Hours work, Salary expectation is Okay,
Most enjoyable part is the Christmas Party with a good performance.