Hatch

Hatch Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not pleased
EIT (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Pay came on time
Cons: Horrible for career advancement, learning is at a minimum
I'm not pleased after working at this organization for 4 years. I don't feel like I've grown in my position. My repeated attempts at requesting for technical work were ignored until the time came when I was no longer needed for their petty work and was laid off with not even a second glance.
Great place to work that challenges your technical skills
Piping Engineer (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2016
Competitive work force and challenging tasks keeps you at a high level of performance. With a variety in work you gain expertise across a wide spectrum within the mechanical/piping discipline.
Could be Better
Managing Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Flex hours, reasonable benefits
Cons: Management
Management believe that they are the best in the world and new clients have to beg to provide the company with work. Has not adapted to the new realities of consulting engineering.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Great work environment. Compensation and benefits were not compatible with industry baselines. Company has worldwide presence.
Productive, challenging and fun
Project Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Galgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Many opportunities for professional development and career advancement
Cons: none
Productive environment with day to day challenges.
I learnt and expand my professional experience and ability to working in a team environment.
A positive management team with open door policy that cater to employees needs.
Fun bunch of people to work with, sharing knowledge and learning from each other.
Working late to complete deadlines.
Great social programmes such as sports competitions, group outings etc
Great learning experience
Design Draftsman (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2016
I was here for 4 months on co-op placement. I got a lot of exposure to different design concepts and had the opportunity to draft and model in multiple programs.
Hatch provided numerous opportunities.
Hatch Ltd. - Engineering/Commissioning I&C Lead (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 12, 2015
A good company to work for. Lots of opportunities and excellent coworkers. They always come through and do what they say they will do.
Over priced and under skilled
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), MississaugaNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Non come to mind......
Cons: Nepatism, bad engineering, over priced
Work enviroment is very political. CEO and upper managment are to busy planning parties and dinners for clients.
They have let go over half of there skilled engineering staff over the last few years and replaced them with 1st year engineering students who lack the skill sets to perform designs they are being assigned,
Nepatism is a huge problem there but seems to be the norm when hiring any staff.
Loss of work and no new business over the last few years mostly due to over pricing and bad enginering.
They are currently in the process of rebranding the company to try and stay in business.
Most of the clients I work with feel that Hatch is over priced for the products they are engineering and deliver.
engineer first, everyone else second place
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: a lot of bad co workers
good place to work, depending on your department. in certain departments the ceiling is very low, but the pay is pretty good, benefits are great and pension matching is very nice too.
Process and minig engineering
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2015
The engineering work with a lot of challenges. The projects are all around the world. The work requires to deal with a lot of people.
Productive and proactive
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Amazing Employees
A work environment that supports and encourages learning and development, offering challenging yet exciting opportunities.
Nice and open place to work for
Senior Mechanical Layout Designer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Lot of opportunities to learn
Even when it is a wonderful company with a lot of benefits, it lacks a good communication culture that allow employees to get more involved with the current project. there are a lot of politics as with all big companies, but it might affect sometimes the performance and final quality of the work done.
A good workplace
Piping Designer / Technologist (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 21, 2015
Learned OpenPlant software Package, Good Co-workers, Good Management, Not too much job security, 8 Hours work, Salary expectation is Okay,
Most enjoyable part is the Christmas Party with a good performance.
Excelent
Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
40 h a week, excellent work environment, good co-workers. very enjoy work there. I made so many friends there and learned a lot work skill there as well.
Productive work place with frequent discussion with management
Junior Project Control Technologist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2015
As a summer student I was satisfied with what I have accomplished in my assignments from my supervisor.

I attended many management meetings concerning the project design and updating of schedules.

I learned how to use the company application system that connects each and every employee throughout the world.
A company that is changing
Administrator/Project coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: good benefit pkgs
Cons: long hrs
Daily tasks to accomplish, scheduled projects.
I've learned all project cycle and was able to work for most of my career with great smart people that contributed to my knowledge.
The latest part of my job had lots of different manager, hence very little and poor leadership and direction. The hardest part of my job was to balance the uncertainties of no direction.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction with my peers and the challenges. To see result of work done.
They were a good company, but a lot of mgmt changes now.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 30, 2014
hatch was a decent company. Fast advancement and lots of technically challenging and good work for many years. Now they are a lot larger, advancement is slower unless you're someone's golden child, and over the last 2 or 3 years there have been a lot of management changes that have departed from the company's 50+ year history and corporate culture.

Not much job security anymore, and the company is becoming more like its competitors. I'm happy to have gotten laid off for lack of work after 17 years with them.
It i great pleasure to work at Hatch
Senior Supervising Engineer, Protection & Control (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 31, 2014
Hatch is a good company to work, however, I'll prefer to work in UAE under my present circumstances.
Excellent work place
senior mechanical designer and checker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: interesting work
Variety of work in various industries.
Multi discipline environment
Excellent management
it is good company
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 27, 2014
It is a good company. I only worked on mining industry for them. The company operation needs adjustment
Employees